main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which scene most often brings tears to your eyes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ananta Chetan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    While no scene really "brings tears to my eyes," I find the carbonite scene quite emotional. Harrison Ford nailed it of course, but I think Carrie Fisher often gets overlooked for her part in it. I mean think about it, she says exactly *three words* in that entire scene, and yet, you know what she's thinking the entire time. It's pretty awesome. :)

Also, Ewan McGregor at the end of his duel with Anakin. Yeah, look at me, given a prequel scene some props, but I admit it, it makes me feel things.

2. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    When Luke saves his father at the end of Jedi.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Wasn't it the other way around?

minnishe and CoolyFett like this.
  4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I do find the order 66 sequence and Jedi Temple attack a tear-jerker, but I have to give an honorable mention to the Season 6 finale of the Clone Wars, when Yoda says he does not know how to win the war. I don't know that I like my Star Wars to get as mystical as that final arc did, but even though it wasn't 100% to my taste, it was sad to see Yoda go through this huge quest, and one last bit of pre-fall Anakin being heroic, knowing they will only come "this close" in the end.

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    The only scene that ever even brought me close to tears was the order 66 scene. (It was more sadness than emotional outburst but I don't know of anyone who has cried watching Star Wars) I've never seen the saga as sad or sad enough to cry...Maybe I'm not that emotional lol.

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    All right. You guys make me want to add a scene to your fine collection, more like a moment really, but one that really gets me.

It's the first seconds after Padme's landing on Mustafar. There is a tiny little scene as she takes a deep breath before she comes out of the ship. You can really tell exactly what she's going threw. She's definitely terrified, not about what is going to happen to her, no, but because she's about to know if Anakin is really the monster Obi-wan told her he was. Then she has a glimpse of Anakin's silhouette on the balcony with is hood on, and it's only when he reveals is face, that she recognizes him as her husband and she rushes outside to meet him. Somehow, she chooses to believe he's still the same...

In itself, it's lovely that Lucas took the time to give this dramatic pause to the movie before the final act really kicks in. But there are two reasons why I love this part.

[​IMG]

1) Because, this close up of Natalie Portman is perhaps the most beautiful we get of her in the entire trilogy, and that's clearly intentional. She's an innocent victim heading for her sacrifice, a truly tragic figure, and her imminent demise will affect Anakin and - threw him - the entire galaxy for more than 20 years.
    2) Because that is actually the last time we hear Accross the stars in the saga. The great romantic theme of the PT reaches its natural ending. The purity of Anakin et Padme's love is about to be destroyed forever.

I don't thing I've ever cried watching this scene to be perfectly honest. But that's one in ROTS that never fails to give me a lump in my throat. Powerful story-telling indeed.

7. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Anakin about to kill younglings

Pensivia and Ananta Chetan like this.
  8. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    The one Ewok shaking his dead friend asking him to get up.
    Vader killing the Emperor (Pre 2011 version ONLY)

9. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    I don't really cry during movies, but I have a girlfriend who cries, always...

-When Obi-Wan talks to Padme "I'm so sorry"
    -When Anakin chokes Padme
    -When Padme has the babies
    -During Padme's funeral.

Lots of tears.

Alienware likes this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    For me it has to be when Luke is looking at the twins suns in A New Hope, that music really is awesome.

Pensivia and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    My wife cries every time Padme tells Anakin that he's braking her heart in ROTS. I've never cried during a film myself, but I do feel Obi-Wan's pain when he tells Anakin that he was his brother and that he loved him. I'm also quite happy for Luke at the end of ROTJ.

12. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Those scenes always have me blubbering like a tiny hungry baby.

Pensivia, Andy Wylde and Rabs like this.
  13. DarthMaulFTW

DarthMaulFTW Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2014
    Darth Mauls death. Gets me everytime.

In all seriousness R4-P17.

Oh wait. I said seriously. Ok well in that case Ben Kenobi. Sacrificing himself to save his friends.

14. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    A number of scenes have brought tears to my eyes before, and I'm not one to tear up a lot.

1. Obi-Wan telling Anakin that he was his brother and that he loved him before leaving him for dead.
    2. "I love you" "I know" scene.
    3. Luke pulling off Vader's mask and Vader says "You were right about me"

Jania_Solo12 and Ananta Chetan like this.
  15. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    The Phantom Menace
    • Anakin and Shmi's farewell
    • Qui-Gon's death and requesting Obi-Wan to train Anakin
    Attack of the Clones
    • Shmi's death and Anakin's first step towards the darkside
    • Anakin confessing his anger and guilt to Padme about his mother and the tuskens
    Revenge of the Sith
    • Anakin's betrayal and Order 66
    • Obi-Wan confronting Padme after the events of Order 66
    • Padme's confronts Anakin on Mustafar
    • Obi-Wan's parting words with Anakin on Mustafar
    • Padme's death and the rise of Darth Vader
    • The Twin Sunset with Owen, Beru, and Luke
    Return of the Jedi
    • Anakin's redemption and final words with Luke
    • Luke overseeing Anakin's funeral

16. starforks

starforks Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2014
    Anakin's funeral pyre has me tearing up every time.

twowolves likes this.
  17. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    The introduction of Jar-Jar Binks! No, wait...
    Anakin riding that tick-shaped cow! No, wait...
    The stormtrooper hitting his head on the hatch in Ep IV! No, wait...
    The band performing for Jabba in the Special Edition and seeing that guys tonsils! No, wait...

I'll have to agree with MOC Yak Face on page 1. Nailed it! But I'll add one more: When Luke sees his Aunt and Uncle murdered. That was the first scene of death I'd seen at the tender age of 10.

Gotta say, tho, I have a hard time reading any of your posts that start out, "I don't cry (at all, during movies, etc)." Come on, folks... let the emotions go! Trying to contain his emotions and showing only the most powerful one (hate) is what turned Anakin!

18. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    The funeral pyre in Jedi.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "I will be....and always shall be....your....friend.....Live long.....and prosper"

Lady_Skywalker87 and swish19 like this.
  20. Harry FitzNipples

Harry FitzNipples Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2014
    Han's goodbyes before he's frozen in carbonite are pretty emotional. The whole Vader vs. Son in ESB isn't exactly a tear jerker for me, but it's very emotional and enthralling. Yoda's death is devastating, I didn't actually cry, but I was...well, devastated. Vader's redemption and final words in ROTJ are very, very sad, seeing Anakin's potential as a force user, it gets me everytime.

21. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    In no particular order:

Obi-Wan parting with Anakin in ROTS because I knew what was coming the first time I saw the scene and that feeling has never disappeared on subsequent viewings.

Vader's funeral pyre. When I first saw it I noticed it was the same theme as the binary sunset scene. It seems like such a sad ending to Luke's journey.

Anakin leaving Shmi. Here it's the music that gets to me because it perfectly captures that Anakin won't be able to not look back.

Order 66.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Ki Adi Mundi's death. He's charging on when the Order comes in and all the sudden he looks back bewildered and heartbroken before dying in a hail of blasterfire.
    [​IMG]
    Very saddening.

23. swish19

swish19 Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2014
    I used to not really get emotional in movies. At all. But then I became a film student and the realization that I would be in filmmaking for the rest of my life changed the way I viewed them and has made moments hit me a lot harder I think. I've seen all the films so many times, I figured I was emotionally immune. But recently I re-watched to OT and a few scenes got to me that never really hit me emotionally before. Han returing and Luke blowing up the death star in ANH really hit me for some reason. Just amazing filmmaking! Also the scene where Luke looks out over the twin suns, but not as much. Plus every time I hear Han and Leia's theme is just amazing.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    A lot of the Order 66 was emotional. I think a lot of us felt like Yoda - punched in the gut by all the deaths we were experiencing.

Pensivia and Andy Wylde like this.
  25. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013