main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which scene most often brings tears to your eyes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ananta Chetan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Cushy weeps often during stories written or visual and yes it includes SW. There is no shame in being sensitive. :)

minnishe and Lady_Skywalker87 like this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    On a serious note, that moment actually does bring tears to my eyes
    Upon my last viewing, I didn't expect to suddenly cry so intensely at the end of the duel, and I had just settled down from that emotional roller coaster by the point we get to the scene where Vader learns of that. I was surprised to find myself nearly uncontrollably crying when he started moaning in anguish. JEJ did an absolutely wonderful job sounding pained. The big no only serves to add only too much fuel to the fires of sorrow in this scene. I hate to see my hero driven to such a broken state in which he can only wish things had turned out differently, screaming at fate for being so cruel to him

3. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Ha! Some of you are a lot more sensitive and emotional than I am. I can't remember the last time I cried about anything, much less a movie.

But if I were being serious and had to say which scene would come the closest to producing a tear drop in the barren desert that is my emotional state, I would say when the poor little Ewok gets shot in the Battle of Endor. That's sad. Not crying sad, but sad. :)

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Obi in RoTS - You were my brother and I am so sorry...

Obi sacrificing himself so Luke and the others could escape.

Luke staring at the twin sunset in the first film. That always touches me.

5. Darth Maaliss

Darth Maaliss Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2014
    I didnt cry but the the Ewok crying over his buddy after getting shot by an Imperial Scout-Walker makes me feel sad for the little guy.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  6. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
  7. Thiazzi

Thiazzi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2015
    I'm torn between two, so please let me list them both!

1) Shmi's Death in AotC - This was such an emotional scene. Everything about it was well done: the grief in Anakin's eyes that gradually evolve into a menacing rage; Shmi's struggle to utter the words that her son has longed to hear for years upon end. I used to think that Shmi never really cared for Anakin when I was younger, and that she chose not to say she loved him instead of being unable to. Dunno. I still nearly cried though.

2) Padme's Funeral/Emperor and Vader overlooking the Death Star - This scene made me cry. I've near bawled each time I watch it. Padme's sad, yet beautiful face as she's pulled through the streets of Naboo with thousands of mourners missing her, but one man perhaps missing her more; the necklace Anakin gave her. And then the shot changes to one of an Imperial Star Destroyer with Vader and Sidious overlooking the construction of the First Death Star. I cry here too, but the tears are mostly outrage and despair at knowing what Anakin could have been. His life, free of Sidious and enjoyable with his wife and children. I LOATHE Palpatine for this reason. Great portrayal, but I hate the character. The score is very powerful in these scenes, and eerily despondent as Padme's Funeral (Quin-Gon's funeral music, but without the chorus) morphs into the odious Imperial March.

I dunno, I'm too emotional I guess. It's also pretty sad that a hot guy like Hayden gets all his good looks burned off. :(

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Order 66

How can you not cry at that?

9. BrodyBruce84

BrodyBruce84 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2015
    Anny you're breaking my heart.

AniLukeRey likes this.
  10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Beautiful description of those scenes. Yep, both also make me cry. Trust me, I guarantee I'm likely a bit more sentimental.... others have joked I could cry over a table. Doubtful.... unless I REALLY cared for that table....

Shmi's death is done so well. Pernilla August is, in my opinion, possibly the most underrated actress in the entire saga. She manages in that scene to sound like a corpse brought back to life for one final moment with her grown son. Some people criticize the moment her head goes limp and she falls back dead as being a bit overdone, but that's a detail that speaks sort of that she sort of was already dead, just going back to that natural state (key word: natural - something Anakin cannot accept) after she had at last become complete

Ah.... the entire ending of ROTS. I could go on and on about it. It's funny. As a 7 year old watching ROTS in theatres and then nearly obsessively on DVD, I could only think of how cool the ending was, how awesome the duel was and the epic way it was presented. Now it's an emotional rollercoaster. Perhaps it's maturing and seeing things as they're presented. Or perhaps I'm a paradox who becomes more sensitive with age. Either works

And yes.... Hayden's pretty attractive....

AniLukeRey and Ananta Chetan like this.
  11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    This scene always manages to tear me up. Ewan completely sells the heartbreak he and the audience is feeling. The tragedy of it all.

13. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    None. Very few movies have moved me to tears, and STAR WARS is no exception. Here are the movies that elicited tears from me:

CITY LIGHTS
    STAR TREK: THE WRATH OF KHAN
    SOPHIE’S CHOICE
    SCHINDLER’S LIST
    THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING

That’s it.

Alienware and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  14. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Vader burning/entire ending scene of Return of the Jedi :_|

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  15. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Obi Wan walking off into the sunset at the end of RotS.

16. Hilal

Hilal Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2015
    I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

AniLukeRey likes this.
  17. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    1. Anakin and Shmi say good-bye to each other in "The Phantom Menace".
    2. Shmi's death in "Attack of the Clones"
    3. Anakin's death in "Return of the Jedi"
    4. Luke sees Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda as Force ghosts in "Return of the Jedi"
    5. Padme's funeral in "Revenge of the Sith"

18. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    You win. I agree with all of those, but if I had 1 over the others....Obi-Wan vs Anakin. the entire thing with the score makes it so emotional. And Obi-Wan pooring his heart out....my god it's a tear jerker.

AniLukeRey and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Padmes Ruminations
    Padmes Funeral/Death Star Construction
    Obi Wan delivering Luke
    Luke and Anakin, before he dies
    When all the ghost spirits appear

What a beautiful saga

20. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    It's not always (or actually often) outright tears but the sight of a few star fighters heading towards the Death Star in ANH always brings a lump to my throat. It's almost Shakespearean, the band of brothers facing terrifying odds with no regrets. For similar reasons Han and Leia's parting just before he goes into the tank in ESB. It's more understated than the dramatic end of the Kenobi/Skywalker duel but that works for me.

Sarge likes this.
  21. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Luke pondering his future and staring at the 2 suns with John Williams emotional score playing always bring a tear to this tough nuts eyes. :)

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Order 66

Sent from my R8 unit

23. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    For me there are two places - both from ROTS. One is Order 66 and the other is when Obi-Wan last talks to Anakin on Mustafar...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!
    Darth Vader: I hate you!
    Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you.

24. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I want to add that the Order 66 sequence from "Revenge of the Sith", which featured the deaths of many Jedi Knights and Masters, also brings me to tears.

25. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Luke and Darth Vader on the shuttle ramp in ROTJ.