main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which scenes in ROTS would you cut?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Mar 8, 2013.

1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    ROTS is my second favourite in the saga...despite the birth scene being not overtly convincing, however i selectively believe that the birth did not kill her or the loosing the will to live etc but Anakin's force choke did... this changes her character to noble and brave, staying alive long enough to give birth. I think people forget about the force choke and go on about her dying of a broken heart when maybe...maybe thats what a force choke does, breaks the heart metephorically.. She should look a lot nearer death and maybe a real midwife rather than a robot one would have helped...or just an established medical droid.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I know this sounds predictable but I would cut the Vader NOOOO! scene. I almost think you don't need any new dialogue from James Earl Jones. Seeing him in that suit needs no elaboration.

3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    The scene between Anakin and Padme on her balcony ("It's only because I'm so in love." "No, it's because I'm so in love with you." etc).

Horrible dialog, horrible directing, horrible acting.

AhsokaFan88 likes this.
  4. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Since people are talking about what they would have added, you know what I thought would have been a cool addition, that I was hoping we'd see? In E5, Vader tells Luke "you can destroy the Emperor, he has foreseen this."

I thought it would have been cool to see Palpatine having one such vision.... maybe he was meditating and having a vague vision of the events from the end of E6. Maybe present it in such a way as to mislead him whereas we in the audience know what is going on....