main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Which season(s) of a particular television program do you ignore (other than The Simpsons)?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , May 29, 2015.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I hope this thread doesn't get locked, for everything else thus far has been about the movies! :p

Family Matters, about when nonsense like this began to occur:

The transformation chamber!

I believe it was around season 5 or 6, maybe a bit earlier, but nonetheless the damage was done... time-traveling, transporting to Europe & something with a pirate ship. What had been a great, grounded-in-reality sitcom, gets transformed into a silly farce. What a shame.

Entourage, seasons 1 & 2... I began watching this during season 3, and despite enjoying the series immensely, I've got little-to-no-interest in ever catching up on those first couple of seasons. I feel that I know enough about the characters, and thus not much would really be gained by going back.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I haven't been too crazy about catching reruns of the fifth season of Archer (the Archer Vice season), not because I hated it, but just because I am rather "meh" about most of those episodes in general. (I knew the creators wanted to do something different, and I don't begrudge them that, but that's just how I feel).

Season 6 was a nice return to form to them returning to spying (despite the fact that real-life circumstances meant they couldn't use the ISIS name), but with Archer and company now blacklisted by the CIA from the espionage game, it seems like next season might be another Archer Vice, only with them as the A-Team or getting into some other criminal underworld shenanigans. Hopefully, they learned from Archer Vice to make it better.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Cosby Show after Raven Symone (sp?) showed up.

TCW season 5.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    All of them.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I haven't watched Dexter after Season 5 because everyone told me I should stop there.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was going to mention dexter. honestly i feel that everything after season one is a steady decline. but yeah, by the time you get to the last two seasons it becomes unwatchable. i think i made it three episodes into season seven, and people swear that season 8 is even worse but that seems impossible.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The U.S. Office after Michael left (as in, "Goodbye, Michael" is the series finale). Roseanne season 9 (though the couple seasons before that weren't great either). And I would like to eventually be able to ignore Game of Thrones after season 3. :p

Debo and tom like this.
  8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Dynasty after the original red wedding

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

It's my opinion that Roseanne's final season gets a bum rap... of course there was a lot of stinkage (Jim Varney as a foreign prince, the episodes with the train hostage stuff & when they visit that rich family's house), but there was still some interesting happenings: the revelation & fallout of Dan's affair in California; the episode where Debbie Reynolds plays Dan's mother; Darlene's baby being born premature.

And of course...

I don't have a problem with that ending... I find it poignant in some respects, and I've never liked the argument by many that it invalidates so much of the show previously, meaning that "none of it ever really happened". So what? The whole show "never really happened", obviously.

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's just a weak version of the Newhart masterstroke.

beezel26, Rogue1-and-a-half and Sarge like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    TNG, season 1. "Shut up, Wesley" is cool, but the rest is garbage.

Andromeda jumped its first shark when Trance stopped being purple and Rev Bem left halfway through season 2. Then it jumped about 3 or 5 sharks per season until it was finally put out of our misery after season 5. I had mostly quit watching by the end of season 3. I'll still put the first season and early second season DVDs in from time to time, but nothing after that.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Duly noted. :p

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Simpsons after season 10.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Yeah Dexter tanked quick after season 4. But really... where do you go after seeing John Lithgow nude?

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I could do without the last season of How I Met Your Mother, or at the very least, I ignore the final episode and count the alternate ending one as the real one.

16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    The Office Season 7 and on.

vin likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Precisely. I mean, it's "interesting," but it's such a tonal nightmare.

I can't believe no one's said The X-Files. I actually liked Robert Patrick fine and there were still occasionally decent episodes in the last two seasons, but really, the finale of Season Seven is exactly what we needed for the series finale. It's just the perfect mixture of ambiguous and yet fulfilling. Seasons eight & nine are the reasons I'm really nervous about this new X-Files coming up. I would be completely on board with getting more X-Files if we could just pretend 8 & 9 (and that last dreadful movie) never happened. But if this new show is going to work in everything from those two seasons (and that GODAWFUL last movie) then I don't know how it can possibly be any good.

18. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I would have said The X-Files, but I stopped caring about it as soon as the alien plot took over, and have consequently blocked the entire series from my mind.
    So yeah, The X-Files after whenever the aliens took over.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The Unalaq season of Legend of Korra.

20. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    TNT more or less ignores the seasons of "Law & Order" that star Michael Moriarty.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Season 4 of Buffy.

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sons of Anarchy. I gave up when Gemma became the lead, so what was that, season two?

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

A mess perhaps, but a nightmare? That might be too harsh.

24. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Cheers - I tend to ignore Season 6, wherein Kirstie Alley's Rebecca is introduced. They didn't quite know what to do with her character that year. Thankfully, they refashioned her into a pathetic neurotic (which Alley played beautifully).

That's more of a quibble, though. Cheers is the rare, long-running comedy that never, ever faltered.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Prison Break after Season 2. There's a good argument to exclude 2 as well, but I love the on the lam theme of the season. But once Scofield escapes from prison and escapes the country the story is over. No, you can't just put him in another prison and throw more "government conspiracy" at it. It's done.