main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which side of the Force would you be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Feb 6, 2003.

?

Which side of the Force would you be?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Light Side

35.5%
  2. Dark Side

45.2%
  3. Gray Side

19.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Lightside. The darkside just goes against everything that I stand for.... Although it is fun! [face_devil]

2. ReconSEAL

ReconSEAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    a graysider.

i'm surprised that the light side got as many as the dark side. Its usually the baddies that get the vote.

3. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Lightside of course, my heart would choose nothing else.

You people are evil! :eek:

4. DarthVader15

DarthVader15 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    I am all for the dark side. The power of the dark will overcome that of the good.

5. ChristopherWilkins

ChristopherWilkins Jedi Master

Apr 27, 2002
    The Gray side. I am not really sure though both dark and light have their advantages and weaknesses. I go with gray for now. I think the gray side has a better understanding of both sides of the force

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    If the Gray Side means that you are not specifically choosing one or the other but can harness Force powers from both sides, then that's what I would choose.

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    yeah for the light side!

8. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Grey side is just another name for "Evil for Light Siders afraid to change or commit".

9. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Definitely dark. [face_devil]

10. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    The Dark Side I choose.

After reading a post by Dark Jedi Princess I've changed my views on the Rebublic/Jedi Council. I'll see if I can find it again and post it here. [face_devil]

Can't wait to meet some of you guys/ladies.

11. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Found it....here ya go.Who's to blame for Anakins fall to the Dark Side?

I blame the Jedi and their refusal to grow, adapt, change and embrace the Force, as a living thing.

Yes, it is true, Anakin did start his training too late by Jedi standards. Based on his life experience, both good and bad, his young psyche had already begun to form. He was not the blank slate that the Jedi were used to starting with.

Now, don't get me wrong, Anakin had to trained or destroyed. He was simply too strong in the Force to leave untrained and sitting out there in the Galaxy for the Sith to discover. It would be like leaving a loaded weapon, with the safety clicked off lying in plain view.

Since the Jedi are the 'good guys', they are certainly not going to destroy a child. So train him, they must. Yet, they also refused to change their training to better suit Anakin's special needs. Anakin knew his mother, he loved his mother. His mother was the center of his universe for over 10 years. It was ridiculous for the Jedi to think that influnce would not affect Anakin.

The boy saved Naboo, one would think that might get one's mother freed for performing such a task? Why didn't Naboo/Amidala buy his mother for him? Why didn't the Council? Why didn't the Jedi? Why did the Jedi, constantly dismiss the vanity, the anger, and the fear in Anakin? Why did they not take his dreams serious? If for no other reason other than the ultimate damage he would suffer if his mother did indeed die and he had done nothing to stop it?

The Jedi make poor foster parents. Given a child with no baggage, no damage, they are usually successful. But Anakin, because he had seen the world colored by something other than Jedi tan & browns, did not recieve the upbring he needed to be able to cope with loss and failure and his own humanity. Therefore he fell, and all the galaxy suffered for it.

DJP

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I wouldn't say that I'm afraid to change or commit. I think it would be great if you could harness Light Side powers like Heal and Mind Trick, but also be able to utilize some of the Dark Side powers like Grip and Lightning when you find yourself outnumbered and need to even the scales a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.