Which Skywalker Saves the Galaxy (legacy)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Loclown, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loclown Jedi Knight

star 1
    So Wolf has a vision that "a Skywalker" will unite the galaxy and defeat the One Sith. Gee, I wonder why they did not say Cade would do it. I don't think it will be Uncle Nat, so who do you think if the hidden Skywalker hero? Do you think Cade goes bad and breaks up the Sith, allowing others to clean up the mess?
  2. Volderon Force Ghost

star 4
    Impossible to see, the future is.

No but who knows? It could be a Solo who is a descendant of Anakin Skywalker that we haven't met yet. I don't see Cade becoming a Jedi Master let alone a Knight, he has too much anger for his own good.
  3. Loclown Jedi Knight

star 1
    I thought I had read in a letters section, that there would be more family decendants revealed, some big, but no Solo revelations, due to relationship with ongoing books basically. I just keep waiting for more Sisters/Brothers to show up or something. Or Cade could just get married. :)
    Maybe legacy will ring true, Cade will go bad and some illegitamate offspring will turn up, and turn him back to the light. :)
  4. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    Its gona look mighty stupid if we see the Force spirits of his father & Anakin coming back... to save the galaxy... that'd be just awesome

NOT!
  5. DarkScythe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Most likely scenario is Cade after he finally gets his act together.

I'd say second most likely is Nat

Then it'd probably be Gunn (if she's not really Yage's kid)

Third would be an unknown Skywalker we haven't met yet.

And the least likely would be one of Nat's adopted kids.

I'd personally love it if it turned out to be the Cathar adoptee of Nat's but since we can't even seem to get a human female Skywalker lead I think it'll be another couple of decades before a non blood non human Skywalker could ever be the hero.
  6. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    what a very twisted POV.
  7. Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there's a female Skywalker (no, not Marasiah) that will show up in a future issue. Maybe Nat and Kol have a sister out there or a niece. But it's about time for a woman, any woman, to save the day and show the boys how it's done.
  8. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    and your point would be? and no, Im not sexist.
  9. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess that girls rule and boys drool! :p

Seriously though, SW does an excellent job of featuring heroic and capable women who fill more than the damsel in distress role and it has been doing this ever since it his the big screen in 1977. Legacy is no exception.

"Someone's got to save our skins!"
  10. _Catherine_ Chosen One

star 4
    Bah, I think the Jedi Exile has met the quota for galaxy-saving women for this quarter-century. :p
  11. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Cade might end up saving the galaxy, but not willingly.
  12. Zvonko Jedi Knight

That's a very good point there, because he does good things, unintentionally. He would go on and save the galaxy, just to be able to remain living on fringe and for everyone to leave him alone.
  13. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    It'll probably be Cade. Then again, this is Legacy... and John and Jan are pretty cagey. It's much more likely that it's the legacy of Luke Skywalker that saves the galaxy: not just Cade, but the New Jedi Order, the still-fighting Galactic Alliance that he helped preserve, the reformed Fel Empire, all working together to destroy the Sith and restore freedom and hope to the galaxy. Will Cade be a part of that? Absolutely; there's a reason he's the protagonist. But he's not necessarily the hero of the story, just its lead and the primary window we get into this part of SW history. He's part of Luke's legacy, and will thus be part of the solution.

- Keralys
  14. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    Will Legacy really be this neatly packaged, or just keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny?
  15. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    that would be zayne carrick.
  16. Loclown Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gunn Yage is Kol's daughter, Cade's sister. I'm betting on a twist where we find out mommy was preggers when she left Kol, and covered it up as somebody else's kid.
  17. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I'll second the Gunn=Skywalker theory.

But my first choice Skywalker is Sia ;)

I expect Cade is and will remain important, but I agree that it would not be beyond Jon and Jan to give us another Skywalker to actively save the galaxy. An I'll agree that it would be great if it was a woman.
  18. Juken_Rukhan Force Ghost

star 4
    I dont remember him having a vision that a skywalker would save the galaxy. What issue was this?
  19. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Perhaps Wolf is wrong. Perhaps Cade is right to reject his Legacy.

Perhaps the galaxy will learn how to save itself at last.

Without "help" from Jedi or Sith or Imperial Knights, without "help" from a Fel or a Skywalker or a Solo, without "help" from any force-sensitive or family dynasty.
  21. FireJade Force Ghost

star 4
    Since when does that ever happen? :eek: Daala's statement about the galaxy not needing Jedi for peace sounds like wishful thinking to me...
  22. Loclown Jedi Knight

star 1
    Early on in one of the first issues, Wolf and Vao talk about it.
    I don't think it will be a Fel, because they would know who their grandparents are, and that they are related to Cade.
  23. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I'm with you on that, Hope. Much as I love the Skywalker menz surely, in a century, one of them has been able to produce a pair of X chromosomes. ;)

24. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    That would quite possibly surpass the awesomeness of the Roan Fel/Darth Kruhl brawl.

[face_hypnotized]

Actually, I'm getting a little 8-} just thinking about it...

CJM
  25. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    That was never stated. She is Nyna's daughter who, as Morrigam, had a relationship with Kol that gave us Cade. Nowhere was it ever stated that Kol is also the father of Gunner Yage. Gunner may have no Skywalker in her at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.