main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Which species do you want the new villain to be ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Tobi, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ewok Sith Lord: "Yub yub! Bwahaha!"

General Immodet and Count Yubnub like this.
  2. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    So there have been quite a few who have suggested the Mandalorians as the new villains.

One possible idea that seems appealing to me is to use Mandalorians as the main villains as a type of army for hire, led by a Jedi who has fallen to the dark side (or a Force user who embraced the dark side).

Then we could work in the great skills of the Mandalorians with the ominous presence of the dark side kind of behind the scenes. Not to mention the visual appeal of Mandalorian armor is pretty striking.

3. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Not human. Been there done that. What species was Xizor? His would b good. Or Wookie. That would b interesting.

That or maybe Ewok. :)

4. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    Xizor was Falleen. I thought about this and I think it could work. It would tie things to the EU (albeit indirectly) for diehard EU fans while portraying a new species (for most).

I would want a dark side element in there though, I think lightsaber battles are necessary for Star Wars to be Star Wars.

5. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    If not human, then something that can at least emote.
    As good a job as Tom Hardy did with Bane, not being able to see his face was a terrible hindrance.

6. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I would love to see Xizor in the ST but not as an main villain also he is dead and EU so there is no chance but i have to agree with you the Falleen species could work

7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I'm hoping human and not a bunch of random new alien cannon fodder cause I don't want kids thinking people are bad just cause they look weird or different.

Also I think it's important for kids to be able to look at Anakin and think hey that could be me if I made the wrong choices, or Luke could be Vader if he made some bad decisions.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  8. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Finally, someone gets it!

This x a zillion.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wouldn't mind it if it was someone who Luke had trained and that this apprentice later failed to teach his own student. As long as it isn't Luke's failure, I'd be down with it.

10. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
  11. Julius Vernon

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't see this as a problem. I think the films have done a great job of incorporating aliens who stood for that which is just and right and aliens who have stood for the wrong. In fact the OT went to the other extreme and showed the humans leading an evil Galactic Empire.

I want to see aliens on both sides of the fence in these new films, much more realistic.

12. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I think the main villian should be human for a couple reasons.

First, we identify and understand humans better. We are human, we pick up on and get facial ques, body language, motivation etc... Having the villian makes him/her more relatable and understandable.

Second, I think they'll go with human simply because its easier to have the main villian not have to sit through hours of make-up every single day or not have lots of scenes were people are reacting to things that aren't there yet

I'm sure we'll see side-kicks and henchmen who are aliens, but the main characters will most likely be human.