main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Which Star Wars era did you grow up in?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by basiloregano3004, Dec 9, 2016.

?

Which SW era did you grow up in?

1. 1977–1983: The Original Trilogy era

27.2%
  2. 1984–1990: The Calm era

11.7%
  3. 1991–1996: The Thrawn trilogy/EU jumpstart/pre-Special Edition VHS era

12.2%
  4. 1997–2007: The Special Edition/Prequels/OG Clone Wars multimedia project era

40.0%
  5. 2008–2014: The New Clone Wars era

7.8%
  6. 2015–present: The Disney/Force Awakens era

1.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    I was first introduced to Star Wars by the "Faces" VHS box set. Which i probably watched a hundred times in grade school.
    [​IMG]

But it was the games that really got me into the universe. Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Rebel Assault, etc.

2. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    My mom got that VHS set for Christmas back in 1995. Since I had already seen ROTJ on cable television, I asked to see ESB next. However, I still have not seen the pre-SE version of ANH to this day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

3. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I was born in January 1997, but didn't really get into Star Wars until I was about 12-13. I was introduced to the movies by way of the 2008 DVD release, which my Grandparents brought for me and my brothers after we'd seen the movies on TV.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Born in 1995. Faces VHS for me too. TESB just about every day after kindergarten. I would fast-forward through the interviews and still haven't watched them. I played with POTF and TPM action figures. The TPM promotion at Taco Bell was great.

Fandalorian likes this.
  5. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I suppose it was the prequels era for me, although I wasn't much into Star Wars at the time and actually didn't watch episodes 1-3 until last year.

6. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Wow, I'm always surprised at how young a lot of the members on here are.

7. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    First copies of the series I had were recorded on VHS when HBO was featuring them in the early to mid 80s.

Resic and B3 like this.
  8. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I was born less than a year before Star Wars was released. My childhood was pretty much saturated with it. I remember vividly my confusion and sadness at SW fading away and turning into Willow in the mid to late Eighties. Though I was aware of the role playing game and the EU, it wasn't until the PT arrived that my interest in SW was rekindled.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002

Just a little bit before the SE's.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  10. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    1977–1983: The Original Trilogy era

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Okay, I will give a hint.I am on the fringe of millennialhood, and I am probably too young for most of you to take me seriously. So for a more concrete answer than before, 1997-2007. I was in elementary school when TCW first aired and I was young enough to bring an Obi Wan lunch box to school.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  12. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I was born in the waning years of the 1970s and my first memory OF ANYTHING is going to see Return of the Jedi in the theater. My specific memory is the reveal of Lando as a guard in Jabba's palace.

When I was a kid of about 2 years old, as my mother still tells the story, I literally screamed when one year for xmas i got Luke Skywalker underwear. Now, more than 35 years later, it's still a joke in the family that whatever gift wasn't as good as "Luke Skywalker underwear" if there is no screaming involved with its unwrapping...

Sarge likes this.
  13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I have incredibly distinct memories of watching a DVD copy of the Clone Wars microseries as a kid, so i'd probably fall into the 97-07 era.

14. R2Sully2

R2Sully2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2017
    Born 1965.
    I was almost a teen when ANH came out. I've seen every movie on opening day since 1977.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Ooh, another greybeard here. Oct 27 '65. You know we're surrounded by children here, right?

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Clone Wars era. I grew up with the show, and it matured with each season too.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Kind of both the "Calm Era" and the EU/Special Edition era. It was the end of my Junior year of high school when TPM came out but I was in college for the other two PT movies - though in retrospect I still seem like I was a kid then too.

18. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998

Geez there is actually someone on this board older than me LOL--I was born December 1967, and SW was the second movie I watched in my life(funny thing a Disney movie was the first-One of our Dinosaurs is missing) as for the Air Force thing---yup guilty as well 12 years PER ARDUA-AD ASTRA--Motto of the Royal Australian Air Force.

Sarge likes this.
  19. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Got into Star Wars as a kid with watching the movies on VHS (I feel three times my age whenever I bring that up)

No idea if they were special edition or not, but I saw the PT in theaters and always walked out talking like Obi-Wan Kenobi for some reason

Thoroughly enjoyed the '03 Clone Wars and saw the Clone Wars movie

After that, I focused on school and maintained a mild interest in the EU, reading the Junior/Young Jedi Knight series before going on to NJO, LotF and FotJ, but never really got invested in the series overall

Now that I'm on my own, I went back and powered through the '08 TCW Series and am currently eagerly awaiting the resolution to Rebels and the Sequel Trilogy

mutley likes this.
  20. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998

Now that's the thing it does not really matter OT, PT, ST-------------------------------We are all just by being on this board SW Geeks-hell I can't believe I just typed that-------------that makes me SW compliant with EVERYTHING I've been brainwashed', for the record I was born OT but waited so long I loved PT, waiting for the next to decide ST.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  21. R2Sully2

R2Sully2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2017
    ha! Oct 21st here!

Sarge likes this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I saw the 20th anniversary re-release in 1997 when I was 12 and discovered the Thrawn trilogy sometime after I turned 13, which would have been early September. I was in high school when the prequels came out, so I could say I was a 20th anniversary re-release/prequel teenager.

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The special edition/prequel era.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why is the Disney era even apart of this poll? What do you count as growing up in?

25. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    I was born in 1994 and my parents played the OT on VHS for me on repeat until I learned how to change the tape. I can't even remember the first time I saw it, but I remember tons and tons of sick SW toys. I got to see TPM in a 'sneak peak preview' before all my friends and that was the coolest thing in the world for me. The Naboo N-1 Starfighter is still the sexiest ship of all time.

I adored AOTC when it came out, and seeing ROTS in theaters is THE highlight of my life. In high school I got began reading the EU and watching the TCW.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.