main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Star Wars Game do you think had the most potential, but ultimately sucked?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mr_Sith, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I think Jedi Outcast is one of the most boring SW games I've ever played. The lightsaaber duel option is more fun than running around huge, empty rooms.

2. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    Rogue Leader, with Bounty Hunter a close second.

3. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    How can you say JO was boring!? it's like the ultimate in SW FPS fighting and saber dueling! It seems to be as good as it gets for that genre, at least for Lucasarts games, since JA was not improved on at all, just a clone of JO. :p

4. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    I would say it has to be JA. While I am a fan of the game, it really didn't bring enough to the table to merit the cost most people had to pay. My job allowed me to get it at a discount - probably the only reason why I wasn't really disappointed. It really should have been treated as an expansion pack to JO. Mysteries of the Sith was basically the same to JKII as JA was to JO, and it was an expansion pack. I liked being able to customize my character a bit, but the game itself wasnt even a new plot line!!!

5. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    All in all, my recent Lucasarts disappointments, were Jedi Academy, Clone Campaigns, and Star Wars Galaxies.

6. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Jedi outcast was anything but boring! It had one of the best storylines and the gameplay was great.It's second only to KOTOR.

7. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Jedi outcast was anything but boring! It had one of the best storylines and the gameplay was great.It's second only to KOTOR.

Go buy Deus Ex. It's not too expesive, having been out a few years. Play it. Then reconsider JO's storyline.

While JO was an excellent game, the story was nothing special. Don't ever think it was.

8. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Force Commander

er, Roger Roger!

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Obi-Wan sounded pretty boss when it was first announced for PC, but it ended up being pretty darn craptacular.

10. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Super Bombad Racing

11. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Star Wars: Obi-Wan. I enjoy the game well enough, but the graphics are horrible. And the fighting controls are both enjoyable and difficult at the same time.

I had been looking forward to this game for a very long time, but was ultimately dissapointed by it.

12. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Galatic Battlegrounds.

wolf

13. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    STAR WARS GALAXIES FOR SURE!!!

It failed to deliver...if anything, developing your character became very tedious and in the end, you don't feel like you achieved anything.

Exploits ruined the game within the first 6 weeks (such as item and credit duping) and there were so many rich players, that the economy was inflated 110%!

The main three things SWG is lacking...

1.) "Star Warsy" feel. I never felt like I was in the Star Wars universe. Lack of Imperial Control.

2. Galactic Civil War and Combat System. The GCW has supposively made a huge upgrade recently, but I haven't seen anything that changed the game dramamtically (IF AT ALL). And the combat system...well, it all depends on what skill level you're at, how fast your weapon is, and the order of moves you use. There is nothing tactical in combat except for your aiming meter (having to do with if you're moving, what stance you're in, and what other skill mods you have).

3. Space Craft. Yes, it is coming with an expansion pack, but this will either make or brake the game. If this falls short of what people are hoping it to be, people may lose interest very quickly (I already have) and quit the game.

:(

I thought this game would have been much better. I could go on ranting for hours, but I gotta go. :p

~XackAttacK

14. Grand_Moff_Qorl

Grand_Moff_Qorl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    force commander

15. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Hopefully Republic Commando and Star Wars Battlefront won't suck.

16. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Obi Wan (XBOX)
    Star Wars Demoltion - (Playstation) - Awful
    Bounty Hunter (Gamecube) - Awful

Havent played that fighting game Masters of, but heard also it was awful.

17. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think Masters of Teras Kasi sucked. It was just a plain vanilla fighting game.

It never had much potential in the first place, so it did not ultimately fall short of its potential.

I'm just hoping Battlefront is done right allowing land based AND air based vehicles. All I want to do is zoom around in a snowspeeder on Hoth and trip AT-AT's piloted by real players!!

18. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I thought Force Commander sucked. BUT REBELLION is simply the most addictive Star Wars game ever. I have probably wasted twice as many hours in my life playing Rebellion than any other game ever.

19. Flojomojo

Flojomojo Jedi Master

Apr 27, 2002
    Star Wars Galaxies is definitely a disappointment, especially since it was hyped as the online game that newbies and casual players could enjoy. Then again, it's not really finished ...

Flight of the Falcon for the Game Boy Advance really ticked me off. This could have been decent -- not great, but decent -- with a little tweaking and tuning. Pocket Studios must die for what they did to this and Midway's Arcade Classics for GBA.

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Clone Wars - could've been a really memorable game but it's graphics were even below N64 standards and it was a shoddy attempt at a cash in on AOTC.

Obi-Wan - it had the potential to really explore Obi-Wan's characters but it's boring storyline, boring controls and tragic voice acting ruined EVERYTHING.

21. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It's hard for me to decide which was worse, Clone Wars or Rebel Strike, as I found them both to be virtually unplayable. Yet they both had huge potential.

However, given the huge undertaking that would've been needed in order to make Rebel Strike a good game, I can somewhat understand what happened. I mean, it seems that they actually intended to make the best game they could, it just didn't work out. So I'm going to let this game off the hook.

Clone Wars? Who knows what the hell was going on when they made that game. It's so watered down and dull, the music was the only thing causing me to remember it was a SW game. The graphics and gameplay were way below average, and it just wasn't even remotely fun. Given that it wouldn't have been hard to make a passable AOTC game that was fun (ala TPM or JPB, but with next gen graphics), I have to say that this was the most craptacular given the potential. Especially considering that many people compare the movie itself to a video game. 8-}

22. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i'm gonna have to say jedi academy. so much potential for two sabers and the saber staff, but it just didn't turn out that great.

23. Darkgloom

Darkgloom Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    Jedi Academy

24. ivaj

ivaj Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2004
    I'm going to say Rebellion.

25. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    How do you feel about the two-player Rogue Leader included with the Rebel Strike game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.