main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Star Wars movie is 'yours'?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthcaedus1138, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    "Return of the Jedi", definitely. It always represented much more than a film to me; It has an almost God-like status compared to the drivel that floods the theaters these days.

2. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    ROTJ as well.

That's the first one I was really craving to see, that got me deeply fascinated with the story. I started to buy Science-Fiction movie magazines to get some news on the upcoming film. I was 12 at the time and I had seen ANH and ESB, had my share of figurines and models for ESB, but it didn't mean something special to me then, other than the pure fun and excitement of space-opera for kids, as far as I can recollect. It sort of remained in limbo for 2 years, until I heard about ROTJ in the media and saw those magazine covers by the summer of 83. Actually, to me, that's really when the main focus began to shift from Luke and his friends against the Empire to Anakin/Darth Vader tragic arc, themes of fall and redemption, and raising much interest and fascination for the backstory.

Thereafter I bought the soundtracks, resaw the other 2 movies couple of times at theaters, and became so anxious to see the "prequel" trilogy about the Old Republic, the Clone Wars, and the fall of Anakin Skywalker. I remember When I came out of the theater, a friend of mine and I were already beginning to envision what the next films would be like, which characters would be in etc...

3. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I would have to say that there were three: Episodes 1, 5, and 6.

In 2005, when I heard wbout ROTS, I wasn't a fan yet. I simply wanted to see it because of the hype. I was watching FOX TV when a commercial for a marathon of the movies came on. I had seen the last five minutes of A New Hope, but the first Star Wars film I watched all the way through was TESB.

After seeing that, I wanted more. I watcdhed ROTJ a few days later. I then rented TPM at Blockbuster.

Because they introduced me to SW, these films hpld a special place in my heart.

4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
  5. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    For me, episode I. I was 7 when it came out, I had seen 4, 5, and 6 previously in the 97 re-release and even before that. So I already loved Star Wars even though I was very young.

But episode I is what started my love for star wars, being only 7, of course i LOVED jar jar. i was obsessed when it came out ahaha, and i had a crush on anakin... my parents say that was the first time i admitted to thinking a boy was cute. lol. I remember being all excited seeing billboards going down the freeway of episode 1. "COMING MAY 1999!" i remember getting books, and action figures. That year i was a padawan for halloween. it is what really got me hooked. i loved the OT before that came out, but they were just movies to me. Episode I is what started my passion for star wars.
    I continued to follow episodes II and III loving them just as much and buying merchandise , etc.
    To this day, i still LOVEEEEEEE Episode I, i think I and II are extremely under-rated. I don't get why fans only look at the negatives, all three of the prequals are awesome movies.

Now clone wars, i am NOT a fan of. I just tried watching the movie again on saturday and i just don't like it....

Even though my favorite star wars is tied with Episode III and Episode V, (I can't pick) i still love I becuase that is what really got me hooked to the trilogy.. :)

6. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010
    im stuck between esb and rots honestly.

7. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Screw the movie. Treat it like a clunky pilot for a TV show you just might LOVE.

For me, ROTJ has always been MINE. And strangely enough, while I think AOTC is the most flawed, the fact that I saw it 19 times in the theater gives me a strong attachment to every moment in that flick.

8. eukaryote

eukaryote Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2008
    For me it was episode III. I watched the series in chronological order, started with episode I, then episode II, and then I saw episode III in theaters. I enjoyed the first two, but was still kind of blah toward SW. I read the RotS book version before I went and saw the movie opening night. The book really started to hook me, but after I saw the movie I really became a fan and have been ever since.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    For me AOTC in 2002 by accident!:p My dad saw the original at age 17 back in 77' I was only 7 when I saw the AOTC. And I remember begging my dad not to take me!!![face_beatup] Chills... man what a horrible fate that would of been. My dad hated it and was confused. Being the working man for all his life he did'nt have time to remember ROTHJ and ESB were already made. And just assumed it was a sequal to ANH. Eventually we figured out the confusing concept and to this very day me, my brother and to a much lesser extent, my dad are now hardcore fans havng seen ROTS on opening day.

10. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    My god ! You're dad was really living in a galaxy far, far away....:eek:

11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    He's 50 and counting.:p

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Double post sorry.:oops:

13. Yodasbadgirl1

Yodasbadgirl1 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2009
    TPM- I was second into the midnight screening in my home town.

14. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    Heh, all of them.

I love them all but I have to pick one:

Episode II-it tells us how and why the Clone Wars began and it documents the start of Anakin's downfall.

15. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    For me, ROTS. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the prequels as a whole, but I had high hopes for the final act. I followed all the webdocs and trailers and production notes. I was a kid when TPM and AOTC came out, but I wasn't up to date with the hype. ROTS I followed all the way through.

16. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    It's a tough choice for me between ESB & RotS.

ESB holds a special place for me bc I saw it when it first came out.

RotS bc I can identify with Anakin.

17. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This is a hard question for me to answer because I am attached to all of the movies. I was born in 1977, 7 days before Star Wars was released, so I always felt extra attached to it for that reason. TESB used to be my favorite movie overall but the End of ROTJ was my favorite part of the saga. I remember waiting years for TPM. I was obsessed with it! It was the film I was waiting my entire childhood and teenage years to see, so I feel extremely attached to it. However, I suppose with all that being said, ROTS is "MY" Star Wars movie. It is my favorite film of all time because I followed every bit of info for years before it was released, I honestly predicted the Title because I knew ROTJ was originally called "Revenge" of the Jedi, and the movie has everything I always wanted to see ever since I was a kid.

Revenge of the Sith is my greatest movie of all time.

18. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Episode 6, Return of the Jedi. I was just 11 years old when this movie came out. I was looking forward to Luke Skywalker's second confrontation with Darth Vader, seeing how easily Vader defeated Luke in their first contest. I was also looking forward to Han Solo being freed. What I didn't expect was Anakin Skywalker reemergence at the end of the movie, which gave the film a all new meaning(Return Of the Jedi).

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I too have to say ROTJ. I wasn't born when it was released but to me it is the most memorable. Luke and company saving Han. Lando blowing up the second Death Star. Oh, and who can forget the Ewoks joining the fight against the Empire. "Short helps better than no help." Over all though it's the happy ending and the good guys winning. I always return to ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.