Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi, Jun 2, 2003.

?

Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
A New Hope 18 vote(s) 12.1%
The Empire Strikes Back 57 vote(s) 38.3%
Return Of The Jedi 29 vote(s) 19.5%
The Phantom Menace 24 vote(s) 16.1%
Attack Of The Clones 21 vote(s) 14.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
  2. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    They all have their brilliant moments and subtleties.

But start to finish, ESB is the one I like the best and listen to the most all the way through.
  3. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    TESB, for more or less the same reasons than you stated. Plus, the Themes are great. I always loved TESB most, although I'd probably find just as many reasons for any other of the scores.

didn't you forget SotE? :p
  4. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nothing beats Carrie Fisher singing for the holiday special, but Empire's score takes a close second. ;) :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    this signature blows!
  5. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    didn't you forget SotE?

Yes, I did.

And on purpose.

:)
  6. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
  7. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    C'mon, folks, explain your votes!

:)
  8. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I voted for ESB, because it is my favorite film and the score is emotional like the film. I'm wondering though why the Shadows of the Empire CD wasn't included? The title says SW score not film score.
  9. Ekenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I only have TPM and ATOC and a OT soundtrack of collection of tracks I will go with AOTC. New in my hear right now. listen to that more. Would listen to TPM when that was out and loved DOTF. But right now it is AOTC. When I get The SE OT soundtrack that may change. My fav is always lastest one I bought and AOTC right now is the lastest one.
  10. Leia_Fanatic Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I own them all and I like A New Hope the best. Leia's theme is so beautiful.
  11. DARTH_CHINA Force Ghost

star 5
    The Phantom Menace for me.

It had it all. Beautiful emotional music (Anakin leaving Shmi, Qui-Gon's death...) , exiting action music (DOTF, droid battle track, Naboo invasion, Flag Parade...). Many great themes: TF, Anakin, Shmi, Qui-Gon, DOTF.

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    The Phantom Menace. I have a personal "favorites" CD list composed of various SW scores, and out of the nineteen scores I could fit on the CD, 10 scores were from TPM. I think the scores from TPM are the most beautiful and amazing pieces of music I have ever heard. Right behind The Phantom Menace is The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones, then A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.
  13. spacelady Force Ghost

star 5
    AotC! I [face_love] the love themes used then I like the battle themes!
  14. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    Return of the Jedi - SE

It´s full of wonderful, emotional moments with Luke and Vader, Luke and Leia(their theme is the most beautiful I ever heard), Luke, Vader and Palpatine.
    It also has the most grand of all battle scores - The Battle of Endor. The battle lasts about 45 minutes of the film and there´s just no end to the magnificence of it! It has everything: the lightheartedness of the ground battle, the ferocity and greatness of the space battle, the darkness of the duel between father and son.
    And as I said earlier, Luke and Leia is the most beautiful theme ever composed for film. This just can´t be anything less than number one in my book!

And don´t forget Jedi Rocks, which rocks ;)
  15. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    I also liked The Return of the Jedi SE soundtrack. For one, I love the Victory Celebration song. But I did feel the "Jedi Rocks" thing kinda 'lacking.'

But, The ESB soundtrack will always be my favorite. Gotta love the Imperial March. :D
  16. BriaTharen Jedi Master

star 4
    Pretty much my favorite pieces that they have go in this order:
    -Imperial March
    -Duel of the Fates
    -Across the Stars

In ESB is where Imperial March was first used. It made a really big impression on me and have ranked ESB and it's scores at the tops of my favorites lists.
  17. Blast Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll have to go with RotJ.The way JW expands some of the themes is wonderfull and I love "Luke And Leia".I must say ANH comes close though since it has such good variations of my favorite theme,The Force Theme.
  18. OBIX1 Force Ghost

star 6
    I'd probably go with TPM! :D DOTF is the greatest!!!! :D
  19. myself_me Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTJ

- The best of all, Victory celebration.
  20. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    A New Hope.

The original by far. I grew up on that two record album. :)
  21. Dark-Vador Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd have to say ROTJ. I like it the best because it has the most variety, e.g. Jedi Rocks :p, Jabba's Baroque Recital, The Forest Battle (wow), Victory Celebration, Dark Side Beckons, Light of the Force... it just goes on.

The tracks differ from each other... you have powerful Imperial score, sad score, dark score, happy score, fast-paced action score... just soooo excellent :D Great, now I have to go listen to it. Gotta love all SW tracks though.
  22. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    ROTJ hands down. Dark Side Beckons and Sail Barge Assault to name but two of the greatest cues ever
  23. dehrian Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ESB, easily. It has the best flow. From moment to moment, the entire soundtrack feels as if it was born of nature.
  24. Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    ESB only has 40%? What's wrong with you people?
  25. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    ANH only has 6%? What's wrong with you people?! :p
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.