main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 2, 2003.

?

Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A New Hope

12.1%
  2. The Empire Strikes Back

38.3%
  3. Return Of The Jedi

19.5%
  4. The Phantom Menace

16.1%
  5. Attack Of The Clones

14.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    ESB. Not only my favorite SW score, but my favorite film score, period.

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I agree that ANH is the "weakest" score of the saga. There are far too many moments with no music present.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    this signature blows!

3. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    Depends on what mood I'm in at the time. I feel AotC is the "weakest" maybe because it is the shortest, few themes stick out compared to the other movies (Cheap plug for UD set!!!). Leia's theme...Imperial March...Duel...all great, but I'd agree that the sheer scope makes RotJ the best overall. Luke and Leia, Han and Leia, the Emperor's theme, Yoda's death, Anakin's funeral and the list goes on well the music does for over 2 hours! Any movie you pick, gotta agree JW has easily cemented himmself as the best today and argueably the best ever in thematic scoring. (IMO only Wagner would have a challenge for Williams)

4. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    AOTC. It has the love theme, some duel of the fates, the imperial march, the sith theme. Its got all the themes playing off of eachother and it just builds the star wars movies and links em together. TESB may have some memorable songs, but as a whole the CD itself isn't as listenable.

5. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I love them all,and I think it's a tie
    between ANH and TESB,but I voted for TESB.
    The TESB is my favorite episode.

My favorite track is on the ANH special
    edition.Track 6 The hologram/Binary sunset 4:10
    That track is pure STAR WARS I LOVE IT.......

6. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The Empire Strikes Back

7. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    I choose ESB. The music that plays right at the ending is simply so sad, it makes an excellent finale for the movie.

8. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Definitely TESB. The combination of the Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, and Han & Leia's theme cannot be beaten. ROTJ is a whisker behind, and ANH, TPM, and AOTC are all a little farther back, for different reasons.

9. Darth-Mauls-Torso

Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    For me it's a toss between ESB and TPM. ESB has the the battle of Hoth, Imperial March, and Yoda's Theme in all their glory, but TPM has a kinder, gentler version of the IM in Anakin's theme. And Duel of the Fates, baby! I also like the R2 fixes the ship/Pod Race final lap music a lot. I know they doubled the same piece up for the two of these, but I think it fits both scenes very well.

I loves 'em both, I tells ya. I guess the one I prefer dpends on the mood I'm in. :D

10. Qui-Gon-Jinn2

Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2002
    My favorite score is the one w/ Anakin and Padme. Hopefully we will see it in e3

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I'm in smart-ass-mood today:
    We will definitely see Anakin and Padmé
    I just hope we'll hear the piece, too

12. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I voted for ANH. As TPM and ANH are the only two soundtracks I have. As for watching the movies I have only seen the end of ESB and ROTJ I don`t remember the music in it. Bad memory here.... I also saw TPM and AOTC but i didn`t really stay attached to the music of those two movies. Besides I`m always humming one of the tunes of ANH absently if not listening to it...

13. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I personally like AOTC best. I'm quite surprised that ANH is in last place! That would probably be my #2.

14. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    they are all great, actually. but 'across the stars' really got me. i listened to it 50 times in a roll.

15. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    ESB for me. I just love the "Imperial March" and seeing as this is the first film it was in it gets my vote.

16. HanSolo69

HanSolo69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2003
    ROTJ

When I hear that piece that plays in the background when Luke and Vader duel for the last time and all the anger is being let out of Luke (u know, right after the line about his Vader getting his sister)...that just sends chills down my spine. Now the dance music afterwards on endor really bit hard. But what can I say...williams is still the man

17. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yup, that final duel cue that so many people love is called The Dark Side Beckons. It's part of the track The Battle Of Endor II on the ROTJ:SE cd soundtrack.

:D

18. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Yup, that final duel cue that so many people love is called The Dark Side Beckons. It's part of the track The Battle Of Endor II on the ROTJ:SE cd soundtrack.

heh maybe that should be the forum announcement since so many people dont know the name.

19. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, at least in the FAQ...

20. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Korah Matah
    Korah Rhatamah
    *hums*

;)

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I had to go with TPM simply because Duel of the Fates is my favourite Star Wars song.

-sj loves
    kevin spacey

22. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I voted A New Hope solely because of one song, a certain song on Tatooine, you know which one. ;)

23. DjFoNiX

DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Wow.. amazing! I thought there would be more liking of ANH.. AOTC is beating it?!
    Well.. I voted for ANH.. Everyone has their own opinion.. but I know that mine is right! lol.
    Well, I think.. ESB comes in a really close second. Then ROTJ.. AOTC.. and, TPM would be last.
    ANH just has the best music. I love Ben's Death/ TIE Fighter Attack.. I love The Battle of Yavin.. I love the Throne Room.. I love The Hologram - Binary Sunset.. I really enjoy Leia's Theme.. I love Tales Of A Jedi Knight - Learn About The Force.. I love the one scene where Luke arrives at the Moisture Farm to find Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, as well as the Moisture Farm itself, fried.
    Granted.. the one track Rescue From Cloud City/Hyperspace really, really elevates my liking of ESB. But, ANH just has way too many good tracks.

24. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Yeah, it's too bad ANH is last... it is the second best... I'm more concerned with the absurdly low percentage ESB has gotten, though.

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I think the word 'song' is being thrown around in here a little too freely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.