main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi , Jun 2, 2003.

?

Which Star Wars score is your favorite?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A New Hope

12.1%
  2. The Empire Strikes Back

38.3%
  3. Return Of The Jedi

19.5%
  4. The Phantom Menace

16.1%
  5. Attack Of The Clones

14.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jEdI_kEnObI80

jEdI_kEnObI80 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2003
    I personally like Attack of the Clones soundtrack. I love the Across the Stars music, it's nice and gentle.

2. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I prefer TESB soundtrack. I really like Yoda's theme, and the I listen to these scores the most, in comparison to the others.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    EDIT: Double post

4. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I like the AOTC score, it has a little bit of every movie and the music fits perfectly with the movie

5. Obikon

Obikon Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    I'm going ot have to go with AOTC only b/c when I hear it it takes me to a mood where all i want to do is watch Star Wars for hours. Now don't get me wrong there all great peaces of music and it's so hard to just pick one. But like i said there's just something about AOTC that puts me in that great Star Wars mood.

6. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Obikon, I have that mood all the time. And not just from AOTC.

ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM...

even Meco and Weird Al...

:D

7. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    AOTC. Why?
    1. It's the only one I have. *wince*
    2. The love theme is so haunting!
    3. The battle scene music is a memorial to my beloved Jango.
    4. The mini "Imperial March" that sounds while Anakin is whining. Foreshadowing, I love you!
    5. I like the Coruscant chase scene. It's so random!

8. Obikon

Obikon Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2003
    Really like it was said the love theme is haunting. Return To Tatooine with it's mix of Duel of the fates is one of the resons i would have to say it would have to be one i like at. But lets not forget the bonus disk you get with the OT soundtracks. There is a really good song out there if you haven't heard it.It's by DJ Mystik-Star Wars (trance Mix).

9. sethnakht

sethnakht Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2002
    TESB. It's multilayered, far more complex orchestrally than the other scores, with smart, clean action, the brilliant prominence of Imperial March, and a fantastic love theme. Of all the scores, it's one I don't find myself skipping through (in ROTJ, I always listen to Sail Barge Assault, Dark Side Beckons, and Darth Vader's Death, in AOTC, Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale and Love Pledge, etc.)--I'm compelled to listen to the entire thing. Plus, there's beautiful dissonance and quite a bit of musical exploration. Of course, all the scores are excellent, but musically, TESB strikes me as particularly rich.

10. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    I chose ESB because that's the film where the bulk of the classic themes first appeared. They're also played more dramatically in ESB to boot.

11. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I voted for TESB, but AOTC is right behind, actually it's so close that the difference isn't even worth referencing.

'Across the Stars', 'Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant', 'Yoda and the Younglings', 'Anakin and Padme', 'the Tusken Camp', and 'the Finale' are all fascinating works, and my often-listened-to tracks on the soundtrack.

'Yoda's Theme' is my all-time favorite Star Wars composition. It's hauntingly entrancing, and fills me with hope and spirit.

12. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Anakin & Padme's love song made me want to open up my wrists! :(

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Meaning it's sad and poignant?

14. skyy38

skyy38 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    "Shadows of the Empire" can only be best viewed as a noble experiment that went absolutely nowhere and fast..
    Joel McNeely spent way too much time trying to prove he could cut heads with the master instead of composing quality music that would've supported the concept better.
    And what would you do with the soundtrack?-Have it blaring in the background while you were trying to read the book? I don't think so.

15. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Anakin & Padme's love song is just depressing!

16. skyy38

Aug 26, 2003
    Episode IV...now and forever.
    The perfect textbook example of what every composer should aspire to no matter what their style.
    Also a keen example of textures and sections working hand in hand with the rest of the film soundtrack.

17. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    What are you on, skyy38? If ANH was so great, then why did JW dump most of it for the far superior ESB themes?

18. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I liked the Imperial motif from ANH. I even think in some parts it fits better to the Empire than ImpMarch - because that one is so Vader.
    *shrug*

19. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    All of them. Hard to choose since every score has great stand-out tracks.

20. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I'm surprised ESB is so popular, as there are large sequences that are not used in the original score.

Myself, whilst I do love the ROTJ score, I have to give the vote to ANH, if only as the original and having the Main Theme, Force Theme, "Here They Come" and Leia's tune, most specifically when used for Obi-Wan's death.

Damn I love that moment.

UKS

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I vote for ANH...because it was the first.

TPM was great...and "Duel of Fates" alone almost pushes it to the forefront.

?...how come Shadows of the Empire's score was not an option? Is it because it was not a film?

22. skyy38

Aug 26, 2003
    For your information,John Williams did not"dump" anything.
    He wrote the score that was needed for "Empire",plain and simple....

23. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Yeah, I know some folks like SOTE's score, but I didn't include it because:

a. it's (mostly) not John Williams
    b. It's not a film.

The idea of a musical score for a book is interesting. I'm sure that other "EU" ficiton could have score written easily, based somewhat on the JW film scores.

24. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Up for newer users.

25. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    I love the TESB score. Three of my favourite themes - Han & Leia, Yda, and the Imperial March - plus the Asteroid Belt and the battle of Hoth, which is absolutely \m/!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.