main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which summer 2003 movie do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Apr 25, 2003.

?

Which summer 2003 movie do you want to see?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. X-Men 2

25.0%
  2. The Hulk

12.5%
  3. Matrix Reloaded

50.0%
  4. Terminator 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Freddy VS. Jason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pirates of the Carirbbean

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Sounds good Chris and I will be there. Send out a group message so everyone knows who dosen't frequent this thread. What time should be meet?

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    X2 was fun!

3. Qui-Gon-Was-Right

Qui-Gon-Was-Right Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    At first I wasnt that excited to see Matrix Reloaded...but I just saw the trailer for it and it looks awesome.

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Now THERE's an understatement. Matrix Reloaded will be a summer juggernaut on par with Star Wars. Watch for an opening that will blow Spiderman out of the water. This is a phenomena, people. Watch it unfold.

5. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I agree, I will not be surprised if it breaks some major box office records, I will be more surprised if it doesn't. I have heard several people say they havent been this excited about a sequel since Empire Strikes Back! It is going to be AWESOME!!!

Chris

6. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I saw x-men 2 last week! awsome!

7. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Will Matrix Reloaded beat X2 at the box office this summer? No, I don't think it will. Mainly due to its R Rating. X2 is still such a popular movie with everyone, it's something parents can take their kids to see and everyone have fun. It's also something parents can send their kids into without having to supervise them. Hence repeat business with a wide variety of ages will produce more money. Also, X2, I think, will be a sequel looked at by critics and audiences alike as one of the best sequels ever.

Don't get me wrong - that trailer for Matrix Reloaded got me really pumped up to see it. However, the storyline of the Matrix has always been of a simpler nature - the characters as well. Although we all love them. The big thing about the Matrix, and what will always be the big thing about the Matrix is the amazing visuals an audience is shown on the screen. The Matrix movies are a style of filmmaking we rarely see in the US, and even something a little new for our Asian counterparts.

So, in a way, comparing X2 and the Matrix is a bit like comparing apples to oranges. X2, has the depth (didn't look half bad either), Matrix has these amazing visuals attached to an interesting sci-fi concept. But in the end, it will be the mutants not the humans who will win the box office bout - at least until the fish come along.

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    The future was as I fortold - Matrix rocked the party and kicked X2, good as it was, out of the throne.

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Chris and I are going to see Bruce Almighty tonight. Should be a funny movie :) . After seeing Final Destination 2 and Matrix Reloaded I thougth it was time to see a comedy.

10. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    "Bruce Almighty" is a wonderful movie. I previewed it last night. Unlike other comedies, in which Jim Carrey's are thrown into the same category (i.e. Adam Sandler's movies), this one has heart. When those serious moments happen, they're believable, because Carrey unlike Sandler can pull it off. And those moments don't happen just at the end, they happen throughout. There are some seriously funny parts. One scene had me laughing so hard I was crying - even after the scene had ended. I definitely recommend this movie to anyone willing to listen to me.

11. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    But there are some serious momets in big daddy. Not many but a few.

12. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I plan on seeing Bruce Almighty tonight (Saturday) as well. I am looking forward to it. Its time for a good comedy, I havent seen a good one in awhile. Anger Management had a few funny moments, but it wasnt nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

Chris

13. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, all of Sandler's movies have a few somewhat serious moments, but he doesn't have the acting skills to pull them off. I'm not completely downing him - I love Happy Gilmore.

Enjoy "Bruce Almighty"!

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I was seriously dissappointed in Anger Management, a very unfunny movie. I'm hoping Bruce Almighty will turn the tide, cuz I'm so waiting for a belly laugh movie, and I'm hoping it'll fit the bill.

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Bruce Almighty was great!!!! Actually at one point the screen shut off and the sound kept going. This lasted for about 10 minutes where nobody including the Crossroads people had any idea what was going on. All in all after 10 minutes our movie was back up and we got free tickets upon leaving the theater :) . Buy it was great - Jim Carry can be a very serious actor when he wants to though and then turn around and be absolutely hilarious.

16. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I saw Bruce Almighty on Saturday night, it was hilarious! Much, much funnier than Anger Management, which was a disappointment to me. Its one of the better comedies I have seen in awhile. One scene had me laughing so hard I could barely catch my breath! Go check it out, I dont think you will be disappointed at all. Happy Gilmore was definatly one of Sandler's Best.... "just tap it in, tappity-tap-tap."

Chris

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Gee, I guess I need to see that one, its getting great reviews.

18. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    now all thats left for me to see is T3 and my journey towards the dark side shall be complete.

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Finding Nemo was shrimply irresistable.

20. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    I saw finding nemo last night. It was o.k.

21. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Finding Nemo was great. Me and Natalie saw it on opening night and I thought it was hilarious!!!

22. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Any thoughts on Hulk, you guys? Want to get together for that one? Sunday's crowds should be thinner.

23. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Anyone up for Hulk this weekend?

24. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I really want to see Finding Nemo this week, before Hulk starts this weekend. I am really looking forward to it as well.

Chris

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I heartily recommend Finding Nemo. Go sea it. I understand there's a run on clown fish at the pet stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.