main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which SW soundtrack is the best?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by trippinjedi, Jul 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trippinjedi

trippinjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    My personal fav is TESB. That whole movie was just brilliantly scored. It was powerful, moving and really dramatic. Especially when Chewie was trying to put 3po back together in that cell. Ahhhhh.....

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I also like ESB. The Rebel Fleet really gets me going and I also like the music where Chewie is trying to put 3PO back together. And of course I couldn't forget the crash of the End Credits.

3. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    I'll have to go with Empire also. I think the soundtrack is just so full of energy and there's a lot of memorable themes on it.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    TPM. It's just so fun and energyzing!

~Sithy~

5. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    ESB. The Asteroid Field. Woo-Hoo!

6. trippinjedi

Jul 11, 2001
    The End Credits were definetly the best in ESB. So much emotion. John Williams is brilliant.

7. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm goign with Sithy for this. Well sorta.

Ultimate Edition of TPM :)

Haven't gone a day without listening to it :p

8. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    I'm going with ANH. totally original material. Excellent, and it fit the Mood of the film brilliantly. Empire is great, and if you look track for track at ANH and Empire they both are great, but ANH was first. Without ANH the scene where qui-gon cuts through the blast door would be a bit less exciting without that force theme shining through. And Empire would not make as much sense without knowing what the themes meant.

9. trippinjedi

Jul 11, 2001
    I loved the 'Force Theme' in the scene when Qui Gon was cutting through the door! It was just, really Forcy.(?)

10. MusicJedi

MusicJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2001
    It was awsome. Actually it was my favorite part of TPM. It helped me link the PT to the OT, and made the film feel like Star Wars. then the music died. Crap.

11. MAROOTHDROOL

MAROOTHDROOL Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2001
    ESB
    I love that soundtrack, but I guess I'm alone on this one. [face_laugh]

12. Batya_Organa

Batya_Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2001
    My god,it's just SO TESB....The movie was briliant,the soundtrack is none the less!

I could die hearing the"astroid field"mmmaaann...

And the"Han and Leia theme"...so romantic!
    also "attacking A star destroyer"was fantastic...the march [face_devil] and come to think of it....is there something there I DONT like?? :)

I'll go with that,it's certinatly my number 1.

13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Huh!!??

ROTJ of course! Not only does it have it's own scores but many scores from the previous two films so of course it would be ROTJ.

ESB has Asteroid Theme, Han/Leia, Yoda and Imperial theme so it's a close second

TPM theme is wonderful for Anakin's theme and Dotf

ANH is a classic as well.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
  15. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    "Empire Strikes Back", because the "Imperial March" is just so powerful. (And let's not forget the various Force themes, and Boba Fett's nifty musical themes.)

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm a rogue; mine will forever and ever (unless Episodes II and III are even better) be Return of the Jedi. The Luke and Leia music, the incorporation of various themes, and oh my gosh, the death of darth vader, when he has a lone harp playing the Imperial March. Very few soundtracks actually make me cry, but that harp does.

17. star_wars_dude

star_wars_dude Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2001
    my favorite has to be ROTJ because of luke and leia

18. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    ESB. because of the Imperial March and Han & Leia's theme. my favorites.

19. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    [Sorry about the double posting]

20. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's been enough time now that TPM is no longer the new exciting thing for me. Now I can honestly and objectively say my favourite is definately TPM. It has such a wonderful variety of themes, old and new.

John Williams over the years since ROTJ has learned to lean less and less on the main themes for every single moment of score. Listen to the difference between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade. In Raiders, every 10 seconds it's the Raider's March. In Last Crusade he uses it like 3 times, using new themes and non thematic material to score much of the film.

TPM is the same way. As much as I like the CT scores, they are truly brilliant, it does get a little wearing for the Imperial March to pop up every 10 seconds in Empire, or the main Star Wars theme and the Force theme to pop up so frequently in ANH.

Also the skill with which Williams weaves together new and old themes is simply breathtaking. My favourite moment? "Anakin is Free." The way the score swells into the Force theme as Anakin walks away from his mother after saying goodbye brings a tear to my eye. SO emotional at that moment.

21. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001
    A lot of people will say ESB, but there's no denying that "Star Wars" is the greatest score ever written...

ESB is just "The Imperial March" repeated ad nauseum...

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Jenk I agree with you and disagree some as well. His use of the Imperial March is a bit much in my tastes but one has to admit, every single time it appears, the arrangement is slightly different. It never sounds the same twice. And TESB has SO MUCH other great stuff. Han and Leia's theme is awesome and so is Yoda's theme.

23. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I love the score for ROTJ. The music for Vader's death and funeral pyre is simply beautiful ."Luke and Leia", "Into the Trap", and "The Dark Side Beckons" are wonderful. Plus we have all the returning themes and, of course, "Yub Yub"!

24. sw1138fan

sw1138fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2001
    ROTJ SE Disc 2...

'Nuff said.

25. Gonzonaut

Gonzonaut Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2000
    For me, it's all about ESB. I was never quite take by the TPM soundtrack unitl I bought and listened tothe Ulitmate Edition soundtrakc. TPM has a great soundtrack but it was poorly used in the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.