main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which TCW Episodes Are Essential?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 26, 2015.

1. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    My wife and I are leading up to TFA with a movie marathon. We're doing the flashback order of 4-5-1-2-3-6, but I suggested putting some episodes of TCW between 2 and 3.

The question is which ones. You have different themes to pick from

-Jedi are fallible
    -Mythology of the Force
    -Obi-wan/Anakin are brothers
    -Anakin loses faith in the Jedi
    -Anakin/Padme relationship

We're trying to pick 4-6 episodes to keep it movie length. And we want to keep it in the feel of the movies rather than a side story. (I love TCW Darth Maul, Clone eps, and Duchesse Satine but they veer to far off the core plot.)

Suggestions?

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Well i'd just watch the Clone Wars movie honestly.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    bswb

I merged your thread with this one since your looking into specific episodes that are essential to make a 'movie'.

The Yoda episodes in season 6 get into the mythology of the force.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    My suggestion is to watch the 2003 Clone Wars micro series. It's available on YouTube for free, and the entire show is around 2 hours long. Bridges episodes II and III far better than TCW ever did too.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Micro series was overrated; which is why really no one outside this forum talks about it. There are many essential episodes in TCW. I'd recommend the episodes in the arcs featuring General Krell and the Clones (including Rex), the Mortis arcs, the Ryloth arc, the Mandalore arc, and of course the "Wrong Jedi" arc from the end of Season 5.

A Lovable Jerk likes this.
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Ashoka is overrated.

Don't blaspheme the awesome series that doesn't conflict continuity. Ah 2004 when everything made sense.

Krell is awesome though.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Ahsoka is NOT overrated. There wouldn't have been 5 (nearly 6) full seasons of TCW without her, and there CERTAINLY wouldn't have been a Rebels series if she wasn't so popular.

And don't mention about everything "making sense" in 2004. The PT that ended shortly before left FAR more questions than answers. And don't get me started with Anakin Skywalker before TCW.

And I'm not alone. http://411mania.com/movies/the-moviestv-8-ball-top-8-worst-star-wars-film-characters/

A Lovable Jerk likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin was awesome in TCW, but he was great in the microseries as well.

The issue with TCW and what the TS is looking for, is the lack of a continuous and consistent storyline between AOTC and ROTS. The microseries does a better job of that.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I liked TCW but it tried to cram too much in imo.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I kinda find it ironic if you're suggesting that TCW "crammed too much" through 5 and a half seasons as compared to the two-hour microseries. Not to mention giving the Jedi even more ridiculous superpowers in that cartoon than TCW and Rebels has ever conceived of. What I remember of that cartoon is that it exaggerated the powers of the Jedi that were borderline godlike.

CoolyFett and A Lovable Jerk like this.
  11. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

Then why didn't Mace Windu just poke his finger at Palpatine and just kill him? Why didn't Obi-Wan just deflect lasers with his bare hand? The microseries had the problem of contradicting the Jedi's powers and every other thing in the multi-media project and at least TCW was forward about it. Like Durge being some silent Akira reference instead of insane and sadistic mass murderer who enjoyed taunting his victims like in the comics. I once read somewhere that the guys at Dark Horse comics hated the microseries because it was so over the top and wanted Lucas to declare it non-canon, they even gave that kid from the two Windu episodes a fate where he ends up as a pro-Jedi propaganda film maker.

Also I can't take Ventress' introduction seriously. Just shows up out of nowhere and Dooku doesn't remotely question it, no 'who are you, where did you get two lightsabers from, how are you so talented with the force?' not even a 'what's your name?' just kind of accepts that this random lady is a dark jedi.

Also why did the micro-series make Sidious look like his teeth were rotten? Were they fake or not?

And then there's poor K'Krunk, being killed off by Grievous. Oh no wait, the comics say he's alive.

Ahsoka's Tano and cwustudent like this.
  12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    It's called stylized animation. K'Krunk never dies.

But ya know... gotta worship [face_cowboy]

I swear, I bet some of you guys didn't even like star wars before TCW.

spicer and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Asajj needs no introduction. She's Asajj. :D

I do prefer Nika Futterman's voice though.

And I'm not sure when this became the "bash the microseries" thread. The TS seemed to want a seamless lead into ROTS, which is why the microseries was mentioned.

spicer and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  14. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

The microseries was my introduction to Star Wars, I still have a lot of affection for it but I acknowledge it's flaws.

And if K'Krunk didn't die then why wasn't he on the gunship with Shaak Ti and Aayla? Why did the Clone Commander (Fordo?) say 'The others are all dead.' and why was K'Krunk's body the only one we saw? Pretty sure the microseries killed him off without realizing they weren't supposed to.

CoolyFett and cwustudent like this.
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

K'Krunk's "death" is a running joke in the EU :p

16. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

He and Shaak Ti are basically Kenny, Rory Pond, and Waspinator aren't they?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's happened with a few Star Wars characters, including Trench and Gregor.

spicer and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  18. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

They at least hinted that they'd come back. Anakin said that Trench had been thought dead for years in 'Cat and Mouse' and Gascon clearly thought that Gregor would survive.

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I like trench, but personally his survival makes no sense. I guess... he's not humanoid... or something like that? Missile/vacuum-proof skin?

20. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

He's a spider. Sometimes they refuse to die.

CoolyFett and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This arachnophobe knows that to be true. But it would have been nice if the show had not gone in that direction anyway. [face_sick]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah Spiders are awful.........ugh

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I couldn't pick. I would say that last season that appeared on Netflix was VERY good, a lot of plot points answered regarding Order 66 and Force Spirits. If you have time over a long period I'd do it all. It's just such a fun show and adds so much to the mythology of Star Wars.

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Just watch them all, I'm sure a lot of star wars fans are completionists anyway :p

25. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

Not as bad as Wasps though. I once saw a Wasp get hit by a text book and it acted like it was nothing. With spiders, at least you get where they're coming from even if they look like the spawn of hell, Wasps are just pure evil. Spheksophobia for me, I only take my Arachnophobia with Jeff Daniels and John Goodman.