main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which TCW Episodes Are Essential?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 26, 2015.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Guilty as charged.

2. CheckSix

CheckSix Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    Essentials:

Order 66 arc
    Landing at Point Rain
    Entire Umbara arc
    Rookies
    Clone Cadets
    Ryloth arc from Season 1

My favorites are all Clone-centric.

3. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    I'd say the Cad Bane steals for Sidious arc as it may relate to where the Inquisitors come from in SW Rebels

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Every episode that features battledroids.

CoolyFett and Shaak Ti like this.
  5. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    honestly? none, although every arc but the one about inhibitor chips work for me.

6. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    I was just discussing TCW with a friend who never got into it regarding how it creates a much stronger arc for Anakin compared to what we see in AOTC/ROTS (which is essentially act 1 and act 3 of a 3-act structure while missing the critical second transformation act). He said that he only remembered the "annoying" padawan from the TCW movie, which I get if that's all he saw.

So I wanted to put together an essentials guide for him that really focused on the Anakin/Ahsoka relationship -- not so much them individually, but the arcs or episodes that really show the interplay between the two and how they push each other to grow. (There are so many standouts when the two are apart but I want to limit to episodes with both of them simply for time purposes.)

The final season 5 arc is obviously an essential one. The one where Ahsoka gets stranded early on (can't remember the name) works, even though they're apart, because of their conversation at the end. Other Anakin/Ahsoka greatest hits suggestions?

7. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Storm over Ryloth. Anakin helps Ahsoka through failure and her ensuing lack of confidence.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    You really just need the episodes that help explain issues in Rebels. Clone Wars has a bit of filler. A lot of season 4 & 5 have some gems as episodes.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

TCW had few "filler" episodes. What some might consider a "filler" episode would've actually been part of a longer story; but it was originally aired out of order so you wouldn't have immediately thought it had any business being there.

10. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Ha ha ha This is a Good thing. A great thing. Filoniverse doesn't need Georges films or the Disney movies. Filoniverse is so solid it can and does stand on its own. David understands Star Wars. Many Star Wars fans don't understand not all of the fans love every aspect of Star Wars. There are fans that love everything and others who only like certain segments. If Filoniverse is what makes someone a fan I say good for them.

11. zchmrkenhoff

zchmrkenhoff Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2015
    Honestly all that can really be called essential are the story arcs of Maul, Ahsoka, Yoda, and Order 66. Given that TCW is canon now, those plots have actual implications upon the greater Star Wars universe. Everything else is self-contained. There are good episodes, but I can't really call them "essential." I personally like the episodes focusing on the clones. Ventress is also an extremely interesting character, but outside of TCW she isn't that essential. I would watch TCW from the film onwards and if you find it starting to drag, as I did, just read episode summaries and watch the ones that sound most appealing.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Order 66 arc is mandatory because it helps to address some of the issues in the PT and expands to the lore.

13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Yea, I suppose you are right, that post you quoted is somewhat old, I'm honestly not that bitter about the new ST, Rebels, TCW fans anymore, after all AOTC is what got me into star wars, so as long as something is there to bring new fans to Star Wars I can't complain.

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    I think because of Rebels a lot of the Mandalore and Rex featured episodes are important. Of all the 121 episodes of TCW, picking the most important is hard to do.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.