main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which teams do you hate the most? (any sport)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by timmoishere, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The Detroit Red Wings. And any team with Todd Bertuzzi on it. Right now it's a double-whammy.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Naturally, you picked the 2 titles from the 3-peat in which the Lakers beat Portland in the playoffs (Portland choking away game 7 of the 2000 WCF, having once a 15 point 4th quarter lead, and then getting swept in the 1st round of the '02 playoffs).

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    NHL: Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Red Wings
    MLB: Boston Red Sox
    NFL: The NFC South except New Orleans! WHO DAT!, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles
    NBA: Any Team with Vince Carter, so right now Orlando.
    UEFA: Manchester United, Barcelona
    FIFA: France, France, France, France.

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    So why is it so inconceivable that your Lakers can choke away a deciding game too? I know you think every season is a disappointment if the Lakers don't win all 82 games, sweep the playoffs and win every game by 50, but let's be realistic here. The Lakers are not the epitome of an NBA team. They can lose games, just like every other team can.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Now, now. I am not one of those airhead Laker fans, believe that. The Lakers haven't choked in the playoffs recently?: The 2003 Western Semi's (though, looking back, San Antonio was the better team obviously, but if that Robert Horry shot had gone in game 5, the Lakers would have taken the 3-2 series lead instead of San Antonio- game 6, when the Spurs ended the 3-peat by eliminating the Lakers, was here in La La Land. The 2004 NBA Finals: The last season of the Shaq/Kobe era, plus Malone and Payton as co-stars. Had no answer for Detroit in that series, they played better team ball, and had incredible defense. Lakers lose the series in 5, and would have been swept if the Lakers didn't go on a little run at the end of game 2 to win that game. 2006 playoffs, 1st round: the season that included Bryant's 81 point performance against Toronto, the Lakers took a 3-1 series lead against a heavily favorite/superbly talented Suns team, lead by Steve Nash. Having already won one game in Phoenix before that game 4 in L.A., Kobe hits a pair of incredible shots- the 1st to time the game with around 0.7 seconds left to go in regulation, the other to win it at the buzzer in OT. Naturally, the Lakers unfolded after that, having no answer in OT of game 6 in L.A. after Tim Thomas hit a 3 to tie it in the 4th, and getting blown out in Phoenix in game 7 (in which Kobe didn't score/take a shot, I believe, in the 2nd half). Last season's playoff run wasn't smooth, and it looks like this year's maybe the same. I like close games, actually.............................don't take me for some sort of blind fool when it comes to the Lakers.

6. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Any team that was relocated: get your own team, don't steal it away from other people (of course unless the fan base doesn't exist anymore).

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I really don't like the Devils right now. Or anyone in the Atlantic Division, really. Except the Pens, of course.

8. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Here goes

NFL
    1. Packers
    2. Jets
    3. Saints (until the Vikings whip thier ass)

NBA
    1. Denver Nuggets
    2. Utah Jazz
    3. San Antonio Spurs (even though seeing Eva Longoria in the crowd is fine with me)

NCAA Football
    1. "The" Ohio State any team that needs to have a prefence before thier name just reks of arrogance
    2. Wisconsion (from Minnestoa so go figure)
    3. North Dokota State Bison

MLB
    1. Yankees
    2. White Sox
    3. Braves

NHL
    1. Dallas Stars
    2. Caunucks
    3. Any of the teams taken from the NW or Canada to warm climites hockey belongs in Canada or NW States not in California or Florida where there is no ice except in freezers

I dont really have a NCAA B Ball hatred alot of it is shared with my NCAA Football teams. That said I am tired of Duke alawys being in the NCAA Tournament yes I respect coach K but damit they need a few off years

9. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    1. The FN Braves, as I call them. THAT CHANT AND THE ARM CHOP! :mad: Give it back to the Florida Seminoles where it belongs - on a football field, NOT a baseball field!

2. New York Yankees*

*the only time I was a fan was when they beat the FN Braves in the World Series TWICE!! =D=[face_dancing]

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    You realize Kansas has a longer streak of consecutive appearances going? And Arizona's was considerably longer than that, until this year.

11. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I do but for some reason Kansas isnt always in the spotlight where Dicky V speaws his manlove over them. This year may be the exception

12. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Ok, I really hope you're not suggesting Tim Tebow is anything like Lebron. Because the last time I checked, Lebron has earned his coverage, recognition, and "hype". Whether you like him or not, he's an amazing athlete & one of the best in the game.

My teams?
    My greatest hatred lies in the Pittsburgh Steelers. I hate EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS TEAM.
    Baltimore Ravens
    New England Patriots
    The Kobe Crybabies [oh wait, the Lakers]
    New York Yankees
    Boston Red Sox

And I wouldn't say hate, but I really do not like the Minnesota Twins.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Arsenal.

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    lol @ Arsenal

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I seriously can't believe it took two pages to get a lol @ Arsenal.

16. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    But practically none of the regulars in the JCC football thread post in here.

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yeah, for better or worse, the Arena seems to be more focused on North American sports. I would like to see some nice soccer/futbol/football discussion going on here, though.

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm sure there will be plenty of that once the World Cup draws near.:(

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Silly Tunick. :p

Can't wait for World Cup. :D

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I might watch the USA/England game. Beyond that, who knows.

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm particularly looking forward to that one. I think that that's the first game of the tourney.

22. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Then we can all hate on the Mexican national team

23. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Dallas Cowboys
    Atlanta Falcons
    New York Yankees
    Clemson Tigers
    North Carolina Tar Heels

Also, honorable mention goes to the Washington Redskins. Very ironic since I'm a lifelong fan of that team, as is my entire family. But let's not mince words--they carry the most offensive, racist name in all of professional sports and as such are a shame to the nation's capital and to the NFL. [/soapbox] (The Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians are in a similar category too, even if to a lesser extent.)

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Dallas Cowgirls.

25. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I don't hate UCLA. It might be because I didn't grow up in LA or that the rivalry has been completely lopsided during most of the time I've been out in LA. So I am mostly ambivalent towards UCLA.

As to Rutgers, I mostly hate the school itself and their damn bandwagon fans. When I was there at school in the 90's, the faculty and over 70% of the student body wanted to either disband the football program or go back to the Colonial League. Then in 2005 when they started winning, all these people came out of the woodworks like cockroaches being Rutgers fans. I can't stand fair weather bandwagon fans.

As to my list, I really can't stand bandwagon teams and they dominate most of my list, which is as follows:

1) Dallas Cowboys
    2) New York Yankees
    3) Atlanta Braves
    4) New York Giants
    5) Washington Redskins
    6) Los Angeles Lakers (although my stance has softened on them, as being a resident of Los Angeles, I want to see good things happen to the City. However, I still don't like the Lakers and could never cheer for them. I just don't hate them as much as I use to).
    7) University of Florida
    8) Notre Dame
    9) LSU fans for being so damn stupid that they can't realize that it was USC that was screwed in 2003 and not LSU. USC was number 1 in all the polls and didn't get a chance to play in the title game. LSU should be thankful because USC would have demolished LSU in the title game if they weren't screwed over by the computers. LSU barely beat a weak OU team in the title game. USC the next year completely dominated the same OU team that didn't lose any of their key players and actually got better because they had AP in the year USC completely owned them. LSU should be happy that they got half a championship, as they would have gotten smoked by USC.
    10) SEC football: get over yourselves already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.