main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Which theater should the Steel City Jedi Knights see Episode 2 at?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Apr 12, 2002.

?

Which theater should the Steel City Jedi Knights see Episode 2 at?

Poll closed May 12, 2002.
  1. Loews WaterFRONT

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. WaterWORKS

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Destinta

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Showcase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. South Hills Village

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not saying your wrong since you know someone that works there but Fluke just called me and the theater told him that they aren't going on sale that day and they don't know when yet.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Yes, that's what I was told, but then again he was just one person who may not have been informed yet and sounded like I may have been the 50th person to call and ask him that very question. I hope the manager is wrong. It wouldn't be the first tim... or second... or 100th.

3. DARTHSURPRISE

DARTHSURPRISE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    does anyone else get the feeling that loews doesn't want people lined up there at all.
    i have the feeling that they aren't going to give more than a two day notice to those who want to buy tickets.

4. Darth_Colt_45

Darth_Colt_45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    I seen TPM at the waterworks theatre in fox chapel last year cause it was the only place i could find tickets for the midnite show. Got lucky and ended up on the news in my stormtrooper outfit. The carmike is nice but really small and sold out really quick. Havent been to loews but heard it is the xxx.

Edit: Dude you can't swear on these boards. It's a family friendly place.

5. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    yea...
    Lowes is really pissed from everyone calling... i dont think they really want anyone knowing

Gohan

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Well, I don't see how the story hasn't broke by now so I am doubting that tickets will go on sale that day.

7. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I've got to work on Tues from 10-5 @ D&B, so I'll go to Loew's and ask the GM what's actually going on. They may be a little more free with the info face to face. As far as a midnight showing goes, I heard a couple of months back that Lucasfilm didn't want any midnight showings. Loew's will probably have tickets go on sale at least a week before the premiere. At least that's how they worked it with Spiderman. I'll let you guys know on Tuesday night. Fluke I was one of the opening bartenders there

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    When you say GM do you mean the Managing Director, or did they add another management title to the 50 that already exist?

9. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm talking about Brian Kmetz. He remembers me from when I worked there and I still work with his wife.

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok, I remember him. They seemed to have a thing for Dave and Busters at Loews, so maybe he will tell you straight up when tickets are going on sale, if he knows, which I doubt. Good luck.

11. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    We were slow yesterday at D&B so asked someone very, very, very close to the top to get some information for me whenever she called home. I was informed that Loew's didn't have any information on tickets yet because they don't know how many prints they'll be getting, so they don't know how the show times will run. As soon as they know they'll start selling tix. That's all the info I could get for now. As far as the pre sale being on the third, I can't imagine theatres being happy with that because of the crowds Spiderman will be bringing in. They may not start selling them until after Spidey weekend.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    DBJedi,

If tickets happen to go on sale this weekend while I am at the celebration , can you buy me one as well, preferably in the VIP section?

13. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    Fluke... I'll see what I can do. Leave a post on what showings you want. It's already Wednesday and there's no word yet so I wouldn't worry about it. But if they do I'll pick them up.

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The first midnight showing in theater #12. I am assuming that you would also want tickets for that, so that's why I asked.

15. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    Fluke...

If they have them I'll get them. As for me, I going for an evening show(8:00-9:00). My girlfriend's never really been apart of something like this and since she works in a hospital would never be able to sit through a midnight showing.

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok thanks, but if there is some type of huge line that forms early, then don't worry about it. It's possible that their digital marquee will say "Star Wars Tickets on sale now" out of the blue, like they did for Lord of the Rings, and that's what I am worried about.

17. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    Lowes should know tomorrow how many copies they will get. Fox is releasing that information, thursday.

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I really wish Fox would tell the theaters not to sell tickets until after this weekend, but I am now officially worried.

19. DARTHSURPRISE

DARTHSURPRISE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    looks like fox really dropped the ball this time around

20. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    It is 8:30 and I just got back from getting my tix for Spidey @Loew's. They're expecting sometime next week for tickets to go on sale. My guess is that it will probably be next Thursday or Friday since it's one week before release and there are no major openings. I don't think Fox dropped the ball, they just don't want to overhype this like TPM. Remember, with TPM they said "jump" and theater owners said "how high". It's not like that this time.

21. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Thanks for the report DBJedi. By the way, since you work at D&B, I have a question. Why aren't there any older games (80s and early 90s) or any pinball games there??? They don't even have Pacman for goodness sakes. Are there any knew Mech Warrior type games that in the works to replace the outdated one that they have now?

22. Matty_Ladd

Matty_Ladd Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Fluke,

If you're into old arcade games, you can get them for your PC. MAME is an arcade emmulator (free) and they have ROMs out there that are reverse engineered games (also free, but hard to find). I can point you in the right direction if you like.

23. DBJedi

Apr 26, 2002
    Fluke...

D&B(or the 8th ring of hell) has a Ms. Pacman/Galaga anniversary model and we have just two pinball machines. Invaders from Mars and the EpI pinball machine.
    Every store is set up differently. Some of them do have a "Hall of Fame" section.
    Now that I think of it we do have 'Ultracade'. It has 80's games from Capcom and some other companies. Games like Commando, Gunsmoke, the first three Street Fighters and Joust. It's pretty cool.

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Fluke could you get my ticket for me and Nick, it's to far a drive for me to just fly over and get them? I could pay you that night.

25. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Fluke, you think you could grab one for me too? I'd enjoy seeing it with all you guys. I'll give you the money for it that night. Jut let me know the date and time. PM me if you need to know anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.