main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Which theater should the Steel City Jedi Knights see Episode 2 at?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Apr 12, 2002.

?

Which theater should the Steel City Jedi Knights see Episode 2 at?

Poll closed May 12, 2002.
  1. Loews WaterFRONT

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. WaterWORKS

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Destinta

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Showcase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. South Hills Village

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    As long as there is no limit, I am going to try to buy a row in the VIP section. That way, everyone who came to the Celebration with me will be guaranteed two tickets if you want them.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    By the way, for those of you who like watching movies in a giant shoebox, I think that Showcase is now selling tickets.

3. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I just got my tix for Loew's. I got VIP for the 5 pm show. It's an odd time, I know. But the ones the offered me all seemed strange. There's a midnite showing but the girl said it was midnite on the 16, but she explained it to me as if it was Thurs/Fri, not Wed/Thurs. Oh well! At least I got mine.

Only eight more days!!!!!

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok, I called and they said they "do not know yet" about a midnight showing on Wednesday. I would have to imagine that there would be one becasue they almost filled three theaters for Lord of the Rings at mignight. Here are the showtimes for Thursday the 16th:
    10am, 1:30, 5:00, 8:30, 12:00

More will probably be added becasue they will almost surely get more than one print.

Thanks for the heads up DB, and keep us posted about a midnight showing on Wednesday if you hear anything!

5. DBJedi

DBJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Yes! Tix are on sale now!

I'm not positive of the midnite showing. I would call first. Lisa explained it to me as if they were showing it at 12:01 am Friday. She didn't ackowledge me when I asked her to clarify.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Dan if you buy any for any showtime get me two, I don't want to be out in the rain for this one. Even if you don't get tickets for the midnight show.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok, I went down to Loews to inquire about a midnight screening and of course was told something different then when I called, that being NO MIDNIGHT SCREENING on Wednesday night. Every one of the 312 managers probably tells people something different. The 8:30 screening is sold out in the VIP section, but they only have showtimes for the first print. When the other times come out I will buy tickets for about 8:00 (or midnight?) and then sell them back if we change or minds. I still think that there will be a midnight showing at Loews becasue they will lose money if not. Maybe Waterworks will have one? If they do, I say we go there at midnight.

EDIT: Talked to Waterworks and they said most likely tickets go on sale three days in advance and they are unsure of a midnight showing. So to recap, I will buy tickets for Loews for a showing around 8pm and if they have a midnight showing or if Waterworks has a midnight showing, we can talk about exchanging them.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If Waterworks is having a Midnight showing and Loews isn't I say we go there.

9. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm with you guys. Go with the 8 pm tickets, but if we find out that someplace is having a midnight showing, we'll jump there. Count me in.
    Chris

Edit: Is anyone going in costume, or with lightsabers or anything?

10. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    Wallace theaters in Washington Pa is having a midnight show and tickets go on sale this friday!

I be in costume walking around

11. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    o.k. time for me to chime in....if you guys are thinkin on goin to Waterwors (Fox chapel,right?)then I may be able to come see with all of ya Wed nite. Loews is a little too far for me to go. I was thinin of goin to Cheswick cinema. Really good theater. I went there to see Pearl Harbor & Monsters Inc. It's stadium-like seating,lighted isles,and all that kinda stuff,just a really cool theater,so if I can't hook up with you'ns that's where I'm concidering,and I'll be in jedi robes no matter where I'm goin,and my wife is wearin Leia's ANH robe/dress.

12. Darth_Colt_45

Darth_Colt_45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, just checked Destinta in Bridgeville and they have a 12:05 am showing on thurs the 16th (which would really be weds nite) and they have it listed on four screens....FYI

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Well, I have been thrown another curve ball by Loews. They added another showing at 9:30 and I was going to buy 10 VIP tickets for that showing in the hopes of exchanging them IF a midnight showing was added, BUT, "they are non-refundable and non-exchangable" so of course, I'm not going to risk losing $130. I think that they just don't want a line at the midnight showing on Wednesday evening, so they won't make anything official yet and thus are forcing people to buy tickets for Thursday. They are really starting to piss me off to the point that I might want to go to Waterworks even if Loews DOES get a midnight showing.

I am going to stop by after work to see if the regular tickets could be exchanged after I buy them, and if so then I'll be 10 for the 8:30 or 9:30 as a backup.

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    GOOD NEWS on Waterworks. Call their recording at 412-784-1406 to hear the details on Star Wars!!! There is going to be a 12:00 and a 12:05 showing and tickets go on sale at 10:15am on Sunday. I say that we change to Waterworks unless Hoews decides to actually TELL US about the midnight showing sometime soon. Anyone else up for lining up there overnight for tickets?

Also, they are having a costume contest too, call the number for details.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sounds good to me, I wanted to go to WaterWorks form the get go.

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I know, but I was really hoping Loews would do a half decent job for Episode II. I guess that was too much to ask.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The three winners of the costume contest get an autographed photo of someone from Star Wars.

18. Kirshia

Kirshia Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2002
    This is what I heard from someone:

Hello All,
    For those of us in & around Pittsburgh, the Loewes Theatre at the
    Waterfront in Homestead will be having a special midnight showing of AOTC,
    complete with a buffet that starts at 10:30pm. The tickets for this
    are $20.00 per person for the movie & buffet. You can call the theatre
    at 412-462-6923 & buy your tickets from a very nice live person with
    your credit card. They went on sale today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.