main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY which theater to go to

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by segmy, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. segmy

segmy Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    I believe there is 3 DLP theaters in NYC, which does everyone recommend(I will probably go on saturday or sunday, if I can get tickets)

2. Darth-Swede

Darth-Swede Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2000
    No question, the ziegfeld.

3. segmy

segmy Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2002
    what about AMC, how is it compared to Ziegfeld?

4. SilverJedi331

SilverJedi331 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    AMC in my opinion is the next best thing to the Zieg. First of all, the place is HUGE. They have something like 25 screens there. So it is easier to get tickets and do a little sneaking around between shows(although that will be harder opening week cuz they tend to check tickets at the door. After about a week or two its easier) =) The screens are a pretty nice size. Not as big as the Zieg. I went to see Moulin Rouge in each place and I was more satisfied with the Zieg. It was bigger.
    It also depends on which theatre they place u in at the AMC, since they have so many. Once I went there to see a screening for a crappy movie and the theatre was enormous and the screen was gigantic. Bigger than the Zieg.
    Hopefully I get to see ep2 in a theatre like that cuz I got tickets to the AMC for the first day.
    Its all a matter of chance and luck at AMC. So I suggest seeing it for the first time at the Zieg.

5. SanBaku

SanBaku Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I really don't like the Zieg. To me it is cavernous especially if your in the balcony. However, there really is no screen as the Zieg and of course it now has digital projection. The sound quality is slightly above average. I don't think it is THX certified but that could have changed. The Union Square United Artis theatre is THX certified which to me makes a huge difference. For Phantam I saw it once at the Zeig. and 5 more times at Union Sqaure just because of the certification. For Clones I've got tikets for the Zieg then I'm moving over to AMC then to Union.

6. Caligula_Calrissian

Caligula_Calrissian Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    i'm not a big fan of the zig.i find the seats way uncomfortable,but the sound is great.i would say kips bay and union square are the best theaters in manhattan

7. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    AMC Empire 25 has an excellent DLP theater. I saw Ice Age there and the quality was top notch.

Still, it's quite an experience seeing a Star Wars film at a venue like the Ziegfeld. See it at the Ziggy, just so you can say that you did see it there.

Other great choices are Union Square, Kips Bay, or the Loews E-Walk at Time Sq. (IF they're playing it there).

8. Sketchmaster

Sketchmaster Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    I believe that Loewes does not show Fox films so there will be no CLONES at any Loewes theater (including Kipps Bay, E-Walk).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.