main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Which theatre are you people seeing EpII At On Opening Night In Calgary????

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBane93, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Hi!

I am from Calgary too. I watched EpI at North Hill when they had that theatre. That was one of the best memories I ever had. I remember waiting (for the tues midnight show) and there was that walkway across the road and when it got dark people with toy lightsabres were fighting on that catwalk! Man that was cool.

But where shall us Calgarians go for the best theatre in Calgary for EpII??

I will probably go to Sunridge. Maybe Colesium in the south but Sunridge is cool. All of us should go to one theatre on opening night and whoop it up big time! Whaddya say???

2. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Right on! I'm going with my bro-in-law and my 2 sis probably but they're not really SW fans like me (ok, so I'm a fanatic. So sue me). I think we should all meet up together too. I saw Ep I at the Coliseum, I think. I don't quite remember where, it was right after I moved to Calgary (I'm from Ontario0. I'll check my ticket--yes, I kept it. Speaking of which, do you know where I can get any Jedi robes? I want to dress up for it.

3. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    YES! Thats one! C'mon Calgarian Star Wars Fans! Lets all go to the same theatre and cheer the loudest! This is the 2nd last SW movie that we will ever see in the theatres!!!!!! Lets make it memorable!

Yeah, Colesium or the Sunridge one in the N.E. would be the best to go to. Both have THX theatres so we all must go to that show.

All my friends, my cousin, my sis, and my girlfriend will be with me!

Sorry, I dont know where to get Jedi Robes...I am assuming you have to order them off the net. I think I have an address somewhere bookmarked at my computer at school. I will check there next week when I am studying and will post it.

But I dont think you can get one here in Calgary, unless you make it yourself.

I would love to dress up in a Stormtrooper outfit...but I dont have time to make one nor money to buy one.

GL...make some more affordable costumes that we can purchase!!!

4. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Any Calgary fans out there?? CMON PEOPLE! Lets organize!

5. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah, I think dressing up would make it more fun, but my sister said she wouldn't go with me if I did. :(

6. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    Calgarians! Lets organize and be rowdy at the same theatre!! Which theatre do you really want to see it in?

7. Darthrobe

Darthrobe Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    C'mon guys! There really is only one choice for a theatre to see Star Wars! Sunridge Spectrum is the best, bar none!
    Think - captain chairs that lean back, space for your legs, THX the way is HAS to be, and a BIG SCREEN with Dolby 5.1!
    Unfortunately, the only one that could compare for sound is Coliseum which has DTS and SDDS.
    BTW: My wife was kidding that we should all get together for Star Wars trivia sometime, anyone game? No fighting allowed though :)

8. OnBehalfOf_Kasshyyyk

OnBehalfOf_Kasshyyyk Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    that'd be cool seeing it opening night...we should get our tickets a couple months early since Star Wars fans drastically increased since episode 1 came out.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Well I also saw Ep.I at North Hill. What a great theatre that was. Anyway, as for Ep.II, I haven't decided yet. Crowfoot is the closest to me but obviously not the best theatre. We should all meet up though, that would be fun.

10. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    probably at my favorite theater...the sunridge spectrum

11. Cantina-Busboy

Cantina-Busboy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 1999
    I saw Phantom Menace at North Hill for the Midnight Showing, as many of you probably did too. It was great fun.

I'll likely go to the Paramount Theatre at Chinook Centre.

12. Nerf_Rider

Nerf_Rider Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2002
    For me it will be the Coliseum since I live in the deep south. That's where I saw Ep1.

13. Sith1605

Sith1605 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    I wanna go. The closest theatre too me is the Chinook one.

14. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    Sundridge spectrum has a THX certified theatre. Definately want to see it there. Saw ET there on the weekend and the new trailer sounded/looked so good there. Can't wait!!!

15. Cantina-Busboy

May 12, 1999
    Let me know when tickets go on sale at the Chinook Paramount Theatre, and if they're going to have a Midnight Showing. I'll check back here often. Movietickets.com does not have them available yet.

16. DarthBane93

Jun 11, 1999
    I got my tickets for the midnight show at Sunridge. GO THERE PEOPLE!! Lets make it one for the books!@!

17. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Please inform us immediately when tickets go on sale at Famous Players theatres in Calgary. I would be very thankful, as I would like to get tickets to the 12:00 Westhills showing.

18. Cantina-Busboy

May 12, 1999
    I got my tickets for the Midnight show at Eau Claire theatres. As the Stampede folks would say -- yeehaw!!

It seems Odeon theatres started selling tickets last week, but Famous Players haven't got their act together last time I checked.

Screw Chinook Paramount theatre anyways - they charge too much for tickets and food ($13.50 admission + $10 popcorn & drink). When I called the Paramount theatre for info, they said their midnight show would be on Thursday pm/Friday am - which isn't accurate.

19. Gungan Din

Gungan Din Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 9, 1999
    Sunridge, midnight showing. My friend got tickets today and said so far they've sold 130 of 940 tickets for the two midnight showings.

I'll probably see it again on Thursday or Friday at the Paramount since I live within walking distance of Chinook.

20. Cantina-Busboy

May 12, 1999
    According to MovieTickets.com, I see no Midnight showings at the Chinook Paramount theatre. Then on opening day, it looks like only one screen is showing AOTC - I hope it's the Imax-sized one.

I don't think any of the Famous Player theatres are having Midnight Shows. I'll be at Cineplex Odeon Eau Claire for the Midnight Show. See some of you there!

I'm the guy that'll be wearing the Sio Bibble costume.

21. Gungan Din

Gungan Din Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 9, 1999
    I think Famous Players limits its presales to only a few showings.

Last week, I went to movietickets.com to check out Spider-man and they were only selling 4 or 5 showings on Friday, but when the schedule was released, they had it running 22 times.

22. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    im seeing it on thursday at westhills at 12 o clock. I'll be the teen with a dooku saber.

23. Cantina-Busboy

May 12, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.