main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Which theatre for AOTC- update

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I am going to be contacting the management at the Provo Town Center today and will try to set up an appointment for next week. I'll keep you all posted on what comes of it.

2. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    The meeting with the head manager went very well. We have been invited to come on opening weekend in costume, and all who participate in the activity will be given free tickets. Come one, come all, and let's put together something memorable!

3. Sprry75

Sprry75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    SUH-WEEET! Count me in.

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    You're kidding. Free tickets for coming in costume? Two questions.

1. Do they have to be Episode 2 costumes, or can they be from any movie, OR can they just be STAR WARS-ish?

2. Is there a limit to how many people can get free tickets like this?

-Corrin :D

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Is there a limit to how crappy the costumes can be? Cause chances are that half the costumes we own ourselves aren't gonna be as good as the fans lined up.

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    So all you have to do is show up in a costume? Thats cool!!!!!

7. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    You will need to show up in costume as part of our group and participate in whatever presentation the theatre manager, the group, and I can agree on. In other words...it ain't free. You'll need to earn it. ;)

I will be contacting the manager in a week and will start building plans at that time.

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    In those negotiations, make sure it's opening day :p
    But, thanks. This is way cool.

9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hi. I'm not exactly new, but the last time I posted was long ago enough that my username was lost when the board changed a long while ago. :)

Is there any sort of limit on the number of people allowed to participate?

Dantana

10. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    And can we get a little more info on what exactly they want us to do?
    Are they aware that these are just homemade crappy costumes, and they're probably worse than the ones being worn by the people in the crowd?

11. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I need a headcount for the AOTC event before I touch base with the theatre manager again. I know that my family (4) will be in costume and in attendance. How many others can commit to attend? Remember that this is for Opening Day- May 16, which is a Thursday.

Let me know by Wednesday so I can give the manager a rough count. Just post here.

12. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm planning on attending along with the person who is making my costume. I still need to talk her into coming along though.

13. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I will probably be there. If I know what time it will be at I will be there for sure, but my costume might not be a great one. Do you know what time you will be meeting? That would be helpful so I could get my schedule worked out.

14. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I can't give you a time- that has yet to be determined. If you are interested in participating, just sound off.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Cinescape magazine just said that ATOC comes out May *17*. What's up with THAT?

Dantana

16. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Cinescape had incorrect information. Everything I have ever seen says May 16.

17. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Everything I have see also says May 16 and it must be true if lucasfilm says that is the date

18. Ben_Sch-

Ben_Sch- Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey,

I am back through my back out in a training exersice. Anyways I will be able to attend the Star Wars premier in costume with you guys. I still need to make it though, I plan on making a Stormtrooper rifle and then probably jedi robes or something to that affect.

Ben Sch-

19. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Does anyone know how to make a jedi costume that looks okay? I could use any tips that you can give me.

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, it's good to know. I thought that was a mistake when I read that this afternoon. I did have a brief moment of panic about it, thinking I had to wait yet one more day. :) But, hey, the 6 and the 7 are ver close on the keyboard. I certainly make enough typos. :)

Dantana

21. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    _jedi-knight_,

I've made Jedi costumes for a few people of different sizes (from children to adult) and can help with suggestions on what you might need.

22. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I've got 4 or 5 friends interested in going. My friend Tim actually approached me today and asked, "If there was a way I could get him in on opening day."
    He says he's got access to a costume.
    I've got my Darth Vader costume.
    Some friends have Jedi Robes and stuff.

Here's a list.
    Me (Andy Myers)
    Tim Krumwiede
    Andy Thorne
    Kris Powell
    Kyler Stoneman

I'll have to double check on the last two.

23. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm in. I'm working on something else (I might be putting together a scout trooper by then) or if all else fails I'll use my sith costume. It's not too bad, but with a few touches it could be better.

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've got two friends who just joined today, who haven't yet posted, 'cause I haven't yet let them use my comp. :) But they're interested in coming and helping out. They can costume themselves. I don't think they have any extra costumes, though. You'd have to check with them. Their names are LeiaTygre and LiberalDrew.

Dantana

25. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Wow... we're gonna have like 30 people...
    How many people is the management expecting??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.