main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Which Theatre for ROTS?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by tuskenbmxer, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Anyone have plans for the first showing of ROTS here in the Richmond, VA area?

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    No idea yet...I have not heard which local theaters will have it. But I bet we will be at Commonwealth if they have it.

3. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I would think that just about every theatre would be showing it. :confused:

4. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    I'm sorry... I should've been more clear. What I'm wondering is if and where you all are going to line up and see the midnight showing of ROTS. I haven't read anything in the forums much for a Richmond line.

5. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    That's what I thought you meant, but amunet's post kinda threw me off.... ;)

One of my guy friends is contemplating camping out in line. We might make it a concerted effort. :)

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    If you guys want to organize a line (a little late to do so), feel free to start/continue the discussion. Personally, I can't stand waiting in line lol...and since no one had shown any interest in meeting or any other activity, I did not push the idea.

7. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Whoa, long time no posting on this board... [face_worried]

I went to opening night for AOTC at Carmike and it was sweet!!!! :D Not sure if they'll have ROTS though. Usually in the Midlo area, if Carmike doesn't get a film, Chesterfield Towne Center will.

8. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Geez. If the C'ville Carmike doesn't have ROTS, I'll be mad.... I hate the other theatre. :(

9. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Saw and trooped the Regal Cinema at Virgina Center Commons for Episode 2, doing the same for episode 3... it's going to be the place to see it =)

10. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    More than likely, I'll be going to a midnight showing in Raleigh. I know the neighborhood better. Believe it or not, it's 15-20 minutes closer (I live right near the border).

11. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Being new to the area, I have only found three movie theaters so far and only one that I like, the Commonwealth 20. It's about 15 minutes from where I live. I plan to see it as soon as I get off work the morning of the 19th.

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    There are about 8 or so theaters around but only a couple of good ones. On the southside, Commonwealth is one--if not the--best. that is where we will be seeing it, hopefully at midnight :) and then again all day lol

13. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    I live by ShortPump so that's the one i will be going to.

14. TK-6829

TK-6829 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I'm pretty sure I'll be at Virginia Center - but only because that is where Garrison Tyranus is going to be. My own stormtrooper armor should be done just in time for the opening.

I'm still waiting information on joining the Yahoo message board for Garrison Tyranus, haven't heard back yet.

I hope I don't miss anything!

TK-6829@comcast.net

15. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Glad to hear it trooper, I look forward to meeting you in person and seeing your armor and the costume your wife has.

16. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Short Pump said that there will be no midnight showing for Ep. 3. I just checked Fandango.com and Virginia Center 20 has three showings at 12:01am. You all probably already know this though!! :)

17. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    That's where I'm going! I think it's going to be a good show - looking forward to seeing you TFN people out there!

18. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Sadly, in the wait to find out if we had the day off or not, we have been religated to the midnight showings at either VCC, Southpark or Chester....

I guess if i am spending 9$ a piece for tickets, I might as well go see it in a good theater...So probably VCC is where we will be :(

19. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    It's a good theater - and you can pre-order tickets online at fandango.com -- just look for Regal Cinema 20 or something like that.

20. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah I know it is a good theater, just its not really in Richmond, its a 45 minute drive for us, and not really where I wanted to go :(
    Also, Fandango is where I was sent after I used Movies.yahoo.com to find out about the tickets that are left

21. glwSpook

glwSpook Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Yeah, you would think we would have had more options for the midnight showing (18th into the 19th) in this area. Still, I look forward to trooping it at the Commons (another Tyranus person here). It seems to be a nice theatre, though I feel bad for those who have to drive farther to see the movie there. Still, you know it's worth the drive...hehe

22. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    My husband and I doing VCC, because Tyranus is doing it and Freedom Base (Rebel Legion)m will do it, though before one of the members jumped the gun we were going to talk to the manager of C20. Thta is still the better theater-sorry, but been to them all. We have tix to see it Sunday there, with our son. But midnight will be at VCC.
    JMD

23. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah Comm20 is so much easier to get to and nicer...But seeing it with the group later in the day on the 19th there will have to suffice. :)

24. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Yea I'm a fan of commonwealth myself, but when we were asked by the manager of the same theater we were at for Episode II I couldn't pass that up, he was very accomadating, and the theater isn't *bad*. As for being far away, 45 mins to see it with a ton of fans and media and stormtroopers I think is well worth it, it's only 45 minutes. I'll be driving an hour and a half up from Va Beach area to see it!

25. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    I purchased mine on Fandango it's midnight at Virginia Center Commons [face_dancing]

I bought it after I returned from C3, and now there are five 12:01 showings.

Unfortunately, Short Pump doesn't have one for midnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.