main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which U. S. presidential candidate do you favor?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Apr 24, 2004.

?

Which U. S. presidential candidate do you favor?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. George Bush

41.8%
  2. John Kerry

49.5%
  3. Ralph Nader

4.4%
  4. Other (please specify)

4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    George W. Bush

I might actually vote for Kerry before I vote against Kerry. :p (Aw, c'mon, it's not like none of you has ever made fun of something Bush has said!)

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Joe liberman and then Wesly clark. I sort of like bush put I am not happy about what he did after 9/11 when he would not ground the Saudi Royal Family and the Bin Laden family. All Flights where grounded except those two. I like Bush as commander in cheif. So there for I vote for Bush.

3. MasterWilkin

MasterWilkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    Wait a minute -- I voted for Kerry but my vote didn't register! Why you hanging chad, non-registering little toad of an internet poll, you! I'm gonna call my lawyer! <J/K> hehehehehehehe

4. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Kerry speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
    He voted for abortion, and tries to make himself look pro-life.
    He critacized howard dean for being pro-gun, but says we have the right to own guns.
    Bush works to fight terrorism
    It's not his fault the intelligance was false, but he had the right intention for going into Iraq. If the war in Iraq was over oil, we'ld have more oil and lower gas prices
    Kerry voted against abortion.
    Abortion is murder. Any one considering abertion should put there baby up for adoption.
    Bush is pro-life.
    Bush is for thefederal marriage amendment.
    Marriage is meant for a man and a woman.

5. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    i favor dennis kucinich
    i would vote for kerry to get bush out though, like some folks said, he's the lesser of two evils (though his supporting the war bothers me)

6. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    "bush is plain evil"

How do you determine "evil?" Between Kerry and Bush, Kerry represents the party for whom good and evil don't exist - "it's all relative."
    I can understand your rage against Bush, but how can you make an absolute statement about him?

7. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    If I was an American, I would vote for anyone but Bush. I think the leader of a country (especialy a powerful one) should have a higher IQ than a frog.

8. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    kerry we need fresh blood in office.

9. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    [immature teenager] hehe...69th vote [/immature teenager]

I put Kerry.

10. bedada3

Jul 9, 2002
    Interesting.
    Where are their IQs documented?

11. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    I do like Nader...but Kerry has my support indefinitely.

12. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    Bush works to fight terrorism
    It's not his fault the intelligance was false, but he had the right intention for going into Iraq.

he fights terrorism when it suits his interests. remember that every politician has personal motivations; bush going into iraq could be well-intentioned, but who can say for certain. bringing war to a country shows a lack of compassion for that country's people, so how can you assume that he has the same compassion for you and me without calling him a rascist who favors americans to other people of this earth?

If the war in Iraq was over oil, we'ld have more oil and lower gas prices

not if texaco and arco stockpiled the oil and kept supply consistant with demand.

Kerry voted against abortion.
    Abortion is murder. Any one considering abertion should put there baby up for adoption.
    Bush is pro-life.

there is already a disgusting overpopulation problem on this earth. why bring more unwanted babies into this world, when that potential life never had to exist in pain?

Bush is for thefederal marriage amendment.
    Marriage is meant for a man and a woman.

there is a difference between seeking to keep a blessed union holy, and imposing your will on others. i hope you know the bounderies of these intentions.

How do you determine "evil?" Between Kerry and Bush, Kerry represents the party for whom good and evil don't exist - "it's all relative."
    I can understand your rage against Bush, but how can you make an absolute statement about him?

aboslute statements define what exists. without absolute statements, you couldnt say "the winter is cold" without leaving room for error.

my feelings about bush are not a statement about his actions, but his motivations. If he invaded countries, ran down the economy, and oppresed individual freedoms with the pretext of helping the masses, and protecting the world from harm through the end results, then i might favor him. i, however believe that he(like many leaders before him) act in accordance with what will help sustain his own wealth and power. those are the motivations that i recognize in what is "evil".

JOHN KERRY FOR PRESIDENT

13. bedada3

Jul 9, 2002
    So you believe in absolute truth?

"my feelings about bush are not a statement about his actions, but his motivations. If he invaded countries, ran down the economy, and oppresed individual freedoms with the pretext of helping the masses, and protecting the world from harm through the end results, then i might favor him. i, however believe that he(like many leaders before him) act in accordance with what will help sustain his own wealth and power. those are the motivations that i recognize in what is "evil"."

So are you saying Bush personally ran down the economy, not inherited a recession from the previous administration? And what personal freedoms have been oppressed? And you don't think any of the decisions he's made over the last 18 months have put his position of power at stake? Do you resent that hospitals and schools have been built in Iraq, and mosques rebuilt, at US expense since the invasion?

14. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Nothing like having a Bush vs. Bush-lite election.

15. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    John Kerry creeps me out; that smile seems too ungenuine. [face_plain]All though I support the Republican party, I do not believe--judging from his credentials--that George Bush is the right man for the office of president out of the pool of possible canidates. :) My girlfriend would whack me for saying that. 8-}

<[-]> Saber

16. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    So are you saying Bush personally ran down the economy, not inherited a recession from the previous administration?

there was a surplus before bush came in.

And what personal freedoms have been oppressed?
    two words: patriot act.

And you don't think any of the decisions he's made over the last 18 months have put his position of power at stake?

maybe he has, but he has more wealth and power to gain from invading countries. thats why he did it.

Do you resent that hospitals and schools have been built in Iraq, and mosques rebuilt, at US expense since the invasion?

no. but why should it be at the American people's expense, with Halliburton profiting off this? the war was started under false pretense, and the american people havent benefited from it; we've just had our soldiers killed, while our economy suffers.

if you want to play the sympathy card, then why not invade china, india, africa, north korea, saudi arabia? there are starving, hungry, oppressed people there.

the suffering of iraq has been popularized and exploited for bush's political gain. killing terrorists only inspires more terrorism and costs money. peace is what we need.

17. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    As I stated at the start of this poll, this is not the place for discussing the candidates in depth.

Simply indicate who you chose, and perhaps a brief positive reason why.

Please take everything else to the Senate.

18. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Bush - least of the evils.

19. bedada3

Jul 9, 2002
    OK, I'll PM a rebuttal Fosh-bantus88.

I'm voting for Bush.

20. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    No real American would vote for Bush. Doing so is one step short of all-out treason against the United States.

It is the duty of every American who is eligible to vote to do everything in their power to ensure that Bush and any other traitor/anti-american/terrorist/occultist/pathological liar/mentally disabled/reactionary/neo-nazi/communist/ and/or supporter of the Bin Laden family presidential candidate does not under any circumstances take office.

Between Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, and two Bushes, we've covered nearly every one of those previously mentioned classifications. Let's all do our part, and make sure that we don't beat the lame horse any more. I think America has suffered enough.

I don't like Kerry or Nader, but as an American, it is my duty to vote for the one who has the best chance of beating Bush. I take that oath to protect my country every time I say the pledge of allegiance, or go to church, and I intend to stand by it.

21. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Kerry.

I not going to go into why I hate Bush anymore, it?s enough to say I do.

22. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    George W. Bush.

I'm no liberal! LOL

23. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Anybody but Bush 2004.

24. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Kerry

25. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Kerry. It's past time that President Stillson and his Texas Rangers rode outta town.

~R~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.