main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Which vendor choice to go with?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Jul 28, 2009.

?

Which vendor choice to go with?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2009.
  1. custom t-shirts (brown shirt - $15 per person)

41.7%
  2. vistaprint t-shirts (black shirt - $14.50 per person)

58.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    The purpose of the poll is to determine, really, which vendor is the better choice to go with. We could go with the black shirts (vistaprint), or we could continue with the brown shirts (custom t-shirts). The difference is only $5, collectively.

In other words all ten shirts (orders requested as of 07.28.09) that are to come from vistaprint will cost a total of $145 ($14.50 per person). The shirts coming from custom t-shirts will cost a total of $150 ($15 per person).

So, it is less than $5 collectively. The difference is .50 individually.

*I should point out that there doesn't appear to be a charge for image upload with custom t-shirts, but vistaprint has a set price per shirt. So if we had to do more runs in the furture, we aren't having to come up with a minimum order like with custom t-shirts. So that is something to consider.

Choose which version to go with. Majority rules this one. Which ever has the highest votes, that is the t-shirt we will pursue.

I will leave this poll up for two weeks.

- Bill

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Vistaprint is another term for basic monochromatic colors and custom is for something not white or black?

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    custom t-shirts has a wider variety of colors to choose from. vistaprint, not so much. In fact vistaprint only had three colors to choose from for shirts; black, white and ash ( a dove gray color). White is the cheapest, followed by the ash. With the black being more expensive.

Although, the upside to vistaprint is that they do more than just t-shirts. They do all sorts of swag - shirts, hats, pens, business cards, sweatshirts (I think), etc, etc.

Did that answer your question?

- Bill

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Way to go AramysStrael =D= [:D] :cool:

I like the choices. Let's get this moving so we can have our shirts and wear them with pride at any upcoming events.

-Eric

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We'll rock with our new shirts. :cool:

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    As soon as the poll concludes, I will move forward with this project!

- Bill

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey Bill, my mom might want a shirt (but only if it's black). She mentioned this last night.

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well then have her register an acount and vote for black... duh! :p

But duly noted. It looks like the black shirts are winning the in the poll so far, anyway.

- Bill

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I can use one of my alternate accounts to make a vote for her (since she's a member without actually being on here).

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Do whatever you need to do to get her voice heard. I am completely ok with it. Just don't go flooding the polls with a bunch of aliases just to get the black shirts passed. That will severely annoy me!

- Bill

11. Deciduous

Deciduous Jedi Knight

Sep 28, 2008
    This is the only alias I used. ;)

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Deciduous, huh? Is that like an evergreen tree, or something? :p

-Bill

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It was going to be "DeciduousJedi", but I accidentally forgot to add the other part before I hit "Register". [face_blush]

Yeah, I got the idea from the kind of tree.

14. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    That's awesome. Though I think it works better as a Sith name: Darth Deciduous. [face_mischief]

Oh, and I didn't vote, because I don't have a preference either way.

-IJedi

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Then flip a coin and vote that way. The poll gives me a solid number of how many shirts I am to be ordering this run.

- Bill

16. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Sure. No problem. :) I voted for the underdog.

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Great.... thanks, man!

- Bill

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Six days left for voting.

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Five days now..... :p

- Bill

20. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Bill, are you sure that ALL the people who voted on this poll will actually want to pay for a shirt?

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Too bad we can't see who voted. [face_thinking] And Crash has a point.

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, that is kind of the point. I am running on the assumption that those who vote are, indeed, wanting a shirt. If folks are voting, but aren't wanting to buy a shirt then the whole process was moot. The vote is to gauge the interest level in the shirts. Otherwise, I would have not bothered and went with whatever shirts we could get.

I have made it very clear the the price people are voting are very much contingent on people actually buying the shirts. Don't think for a second that I will fork out money for a run and just sit on it. That is not going to happen. I don't have the financial luxury to do so.

So, if you aren't serious about getting a shirt then don't bother voting. Voting should be reserved for those who are seriously committed to buying a shirt.

- Bill

23. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I would also hope that people you did vote are the ones that wanted shirts. This is a lot of effort on AramysStrael's part to do this. We came up with a logo finally, and here's the time again to share your voice on the T-shirt, having the correct numbers so that we have a good price, and that no one is having to shell out extra $. We are not buying extra shirts to sell.

Place your vote, and tell us how many and what size so we know how many to purchase when the order is placed.
    One for me, size large.

-Eric

24. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    You need to get the money before you place the order. This may delay the order a bit, but you need to protect yourself by getting the money FIRST !

25. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I understand that it is a catch-22, and believe me, if I could afford to go out on a limb, I would. But it is just not that possible. So once this poll is closed, I will take the final number of those committed and crunch the numbers one last time (in case the numbers committed have changed) and then I will roll out the payment information from there!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.