main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which versions do you prefer watching when viewing the SAGA in order?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by BobaFrank, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm with Stryphe. However, I would like a chance to see them in order, and in their original form. My old OT VHS tapes are almost dead, so I haven't seen the original OT in a looooooong time.

No DVDs, have you?

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I haven't sat down and watched the movies in one sitting, but I have watched them over six consecutive nights and this was the order in which I did it;

Episode I DVD
    Episode II DVD
    Episode III DVD
    Episode IV 2004 DVD Edition
    Episode V 2004 DVD Edition
    Episode VI 2004 DVD Edition

I haven't watched the Original VHS or 97 VHS version's of the movies in a very long time, and infact I've got no desire to watch the 97 S/E again. But I'll always keep the original VHS versions, because these were the movies I originally fell in love with.

3. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Yeah, i saw Star Wars in 77 and have dug SW ever since, and I completely love the PT and watch it the most, and dig the 2004 box set. i dont have the OOT on disc, because I dont need it. Ive got all I need in the set that's out plus the new DVDs of the PT. An no, the OT was never complete without the PT, just as the PT isnt complete without the OT. I am a Saga fan.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    When it comes to order, as I said earlier, it doesn't matter for me. I recently watched ROTS, before that the last SW I saw was ESB. However, for preference, I prefer the theatrical cut on all six films (well, ROTS the difference is so minimal that it's one-half dozen to the other). However, since the PT theatricals aren't on DVD, I settle for what they have. The DVD cuts don't ruin anything for me. Only with the OT (and even then not until the 2004, I like the 97s OK).

5. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I think the PT DVDs are better than the TRs.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Though I have only sat down and done the Saga in order once, I used the 2004 DVD's and the PT DVD's. Watching in the order of 1-6.

7. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    As my "saga" consists of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, that is the order I watch them in. Then I read my friend's fan fic Episode VI alternate where it turns out Vader was lying about being Luke's Dad and the Emperor is not a force user, there is no DSII, etc. I think it is a far better "saga" this way. I'll see if I can get my friend to post his fan fic alternate to Return of the Jedi. I wish he could get it made (though Hamill, Ford and the gang would be too old by now).

8. Boba16

Boba16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2006
    Poppy there is always hope, the Superman II: Donnor Cut is coming out November 28th, and by reviews, it adds 50% of the cutting scenes left on the floor from the original shoot, and takes out all the slapstick that Lester put in his version. Maybe Donnor someday could do ROTJ: The Donnor Cut!

Or better yet, Christopher Nolan can redo the PT like he is now doing with the Batman Series, and has totally dismissed any Batman movies from 89-97.

9. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    Emperor is not a force user

But is still Master of Vader? [face_thinking]

10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Poppy there is always hope, the Superman II: Donnor Cut is coming out November 28th, and by reviews, it adds 50% of the cutting scenes left on the floor from the original shoot, and takes out all the slapstick that Lester put in his version. Maybe Donnor someday could do ROTJ: The Donnor Cut!

Well considering what there isn't much ROTJ-OE cut footage, and considering the direction GL has taken the SEs, I doubt you'll see anything remotely different than what we have now.

Poppy, if you dislike Vader being a Skywalker I guess I can really see why you'd be unhappy with the PT.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Superman's situation was entirely different from Star Wars. Donner had control taken away after completing 70% of the film. Lucas was involved from day one on ROTJ. Thus the attempt at humor here doesn't work. Going with Batman was a better attempt.

12. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    If you want the best of both worlds:

O-OT
    PT
    OT SE

You get both the order of release and the chronological order.
    (and you only have to watch the PT once)

13. Fettist

Fettist Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2006
    I watch them starting by skimming through episode 1 (only part I liked was the battle between
    kenobi,Jinn and Darth Maul) then in order, 2,3,4,5,6.

14. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    All DVD's.

TPM
    ATOC
    Clone Wars 1 & 2
    RTOS
    SW
    ESB
    ROTJ

15. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Or better yet, Christopher Nolan can redo the PT like he is now doing with the Batman Series, and has totally dismissed any Batman movies from 89-97.

Why? Why on earth would Christopher Nolan redo the PT? And why in the hell should he?

16. Jamiebacca

Jun 17, 2003
    I second that.
    What the hell does Batman have to do with Star Wars?
    How about no?

17. Darth-Erevos

Darth-Erevos Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2006

TPM
    AOTC with deleted scenes
    ROTS with deleted scenes
    ANH DVD
    ESB DVD
    ROTJ DVD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.