main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which versions of the OT do you watch the most?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Oct 8, 2005.

?

Which versions of the OT do you watch the most?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Originals

11.1%
  2. Special Editions

11.1%
  3. DVD Editions

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yesterday I started watching the original versions of the OT for the first time since the Special Editions came out. I've some to the conclusion that the only Special Edition that is superior to the original is Empire. The songs added to Jedi are horrible (don't even get me started about adding Hayden Christensen) and as for Star Wars, well, do I even have to say it? HAN SHOT FIRST!!! But the added bits to Empire (the wampa and seeing more of Cloud City) really add to the movie.

So, what versions do you watch, and why?

And can a mod or someone add "Mix and Match" as a fourth option? I kinda forgot. :oops:

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Unfortuantly, Once a poll is posted...I can't change the options listed (sorry)

I picked the DVD editions, mostly because I go for the digital quality picture (VHS tapes wear out after a while). Add to that the fact that I like dthe changes/additions made in the SE, and they IMO just make the movie better for us fans.

The scene with Jabba and Han, while the quality and likeness of Jabba to his earlier puppet version are under debate (I like the DVD one better), I think it's great that they could revive a scene originally filmed in the 70s and finish it using CGI technology. It's not like the scene was something shot in the 90s, using all new extras and non-characters...that was Harrison Ford, back in the day!

CGI starfighters...just make the DS battle scene even better!

ESB (I agree with Don) got the best of the SE edits/additions. The new Wampa looked great, and the extended Cloud City background just opens the scenery more then ever possible.

"Jedi Rock"...I love that song [face_dancing] (dorky...yes, but fun) and I like the new victory celebration (with the addition of Naboo). Did the Sarlacc need a head that reaches out and swallows people?...that's not up to me (it worked?)

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001

Nuts.

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I always like the newest versions...DVD rocks my socks!!!!

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yeah, but, forget the quality for a second. If a movie theater was showing all the versions of the OT on the big screen and you could only attend one screening of each movie, which ones would you go to? I would go to the originals of Star Wars and Jedi and the SE of Empire.

6. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001

I guess I just like to think like Lucas on this one...the newest version is what it was meant to be so I will go with that one...the originals were good, but they were more like a rough draft of the real movie....

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'd still go with the DVD versions; so far all the changes made in the SE and DVD (IMO) have been improvments. Even though I think Han shoots first (and alone) I like how they worked the timing out quicker between the tiem Greedo fires and Han blasts Greedo.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
  9. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That is a hilarious page!

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I voted for the DVD OT.

Thread Status: