main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which video game do you want turned into a movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Soontir-Fel, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Planescape: Torment.

Of course, people will just think it's ripping of Memento. [face_plain]

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    After the burn of so many games ruined by hollywood, I can honestly say I want none of my favorite games butchered in such a way. If it could be done right some would be okay, like Halo, or Metroid but I just know it would be otherwise

3. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Zelda, Metal Gear, Castlevania and Vice City

4. The_Phinzx

The_Phinzx Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    i think serouisly think that they can make a super smash bros movie, i mean have bowser and gannondorf joins forces to try and conquer all of nintendo land, they can use the warp pipes to travel each and every land in nintendo as they appear, they can also have bowser kidnap peach and gannon kidnap zelda, thus bringing link and mario together
    ,other characters can join and stuff like that of course,

but aside from that i think they should make a movie out of metal gear but have a whole different story/timeline but have characters from previ=ouis games like octacon, ocelot,the ninja would be a badass character in this one and meryl, depending on when the game takes place and or which ending you believe in at the end of MGS1, i like to think that meryl died so i would like to see some emotion coming from snake about that sort of failure.

i also think that it would very friggin funny if they made a tony hawk pro skater movie, they could do wire fu on skateboards, hey it worked for soccer,

of course there are others i can think of but these ones are just but a few

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    WARCRAFT!

6. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I think a Chrono Trigger/Cross movie would work, perhaps a sequel to Cross or a prequel to Trigger.

An Eternal Darkness movie would be cool, but I'd rather it be about what happend after the game.

7. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid. Not remakes of the plot from the games but original plots.

8. The_Phinzx

Nov 15, 2002
    a robotech or gundam movie would rock, even those games were based on anime series and i guess they would bare much resemblise to the Evangelion movie that they are working on, even though they might not be the same thing but they belong in the same genre

the F-Zero movie sounds cool as would a Wipeout movie

or how about a Uniracers movie! that would rock! watching these different unicycles race each other with their different personalitys and all!

Earthworm Jim would be cool, the cartoon was cool,

9. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Hmmm, how about BIBLE BLASTER 3D!!!!!111!

10. The_Phinzx

Nov 15, 2002
    dude, that movie would rock, since it would be another lash at nintendo, since it was the only game that was not licsenced by nintendo on the SNES, :)

11. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Halo would be cool. I was just thinking about that last night actually.

The Legend of Zelda would be cool too. If they would do it like Lord of the Rings.

12. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I would have to go with the Zelda idea, being a big Zelda fan myself. I really would hope that they wouldn't screw it up though. ALso Perfect Dark would be awesome, same with Halo, I think a Conker movie would be hilarious, lol. I for one am super excited about the Metroid movie! thats another one that I wanted to see turned into a movie, and now it is going to!

Forcebewitya!

13. The_Phinzx

Nov 15, 2002
    well, the metroid movie is being produced by the same people who brought you american pie and final destination, not bad but since they made some what of a better movie out of FD2 then it looks like fun, but so it seems that they want to add a group of marines along with samus which i think would kill the whole mystery around samus aran, as someone had pointed above about the scientist in half-life, never seeing his face, which is what would not work in a metroid film

EDIT:although you got to see something that was revealing at the end of a special at the end of the game of course, and or during some glares during gameplay in metroid prime :)

14. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Actually, Aliens vs Predator was recently announced as a go-picture.

That's great. Can you point me to any info about it 2ndQ? Last I read it was in limbo.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll dig around, it was a few weeks ago, maybe a month or two, that they announced it. Paul Anderson will be directing (which is a good or bad thing depending on your perspective- I think it's good, since I think the main complaint of Resident Evil was that it was more of an Aliens-ripoff than a RE movie [face_batting] ).

It'll be set in present day, in antarctica, and a Mr. Wayland Yutani will be involved.

16. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    I'd have to agree with the sentiment that since movie adaptations of video games tend to suck, that it's almost better that nobody try to make the silly things and end up spoiling some good, established video game franchises.

Someone mentioned Planescape: Torment, for example. Brilliant game, easily one of the best CRPGs I've ever played. Exquisite storyline, extremely well written and executed. Now if they could transfer that adquately to cinematic format, then great. But I won't hold my breath. Seeing as how the novel was mostly atrocious, I don't hold out much hope for a good movie translation.

Personally, though, out of the major D&D franchises founded by Bioware (The Baldur's Gate series, Torment, the Icewind Dale series, and Neverwinter Nights), my favorite would have to be the BGs. I have a soft spot for the Forgotten Realms, it's true, but more importantly, I adore the BG cast... even more than I like the Torment cast...

Which kinda leaves one on the horns of a dilemma. Would I like to see a Gate movie? Maybe... but I'm convinced that it'd suck hard. Yet again, the novelizations were SO unbelievably bad, that I can't imagine a movie version being any better.

It's a crying shame.

17. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    DOOM!!!

18. Darth-Jango

Darth-Jango Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto

19. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002