main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which villains do you want Indy to fight in

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Dubya_Fett, Aug 15, 2001.

?

Which villains do you want Indy to fight in "Indiana Jones IV"?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Nazis (again!)

36.8%
  2. The Soviets

31.6%
  3. The Japanese

3.5%
  4. The Communist Chinese

1.8%
  5. Other

14.0%
  6. Nobody. They should not make an "Indiana Jones IV"!

12.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Fett

Dubya_Fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
  2. Jango_Meerel

Jango_Meerel Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2001
    I voted other:
    He should fight Cuban Eskimos for the hide of Santa claus, which we all know holds mystical and dangerous powers...

3. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    Well, since the Nazi's are in my two favourite Indy movies, I'll go with... The Nazis :)

4. GaMeCuBe182

GaMeCuBe182 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    I want him to fight someone or something new.

5. Dubya_Fett

Jun 2, 2001
    I think it's time to retire the Nazis and give Indy some new adversaries. Personally, I would love to see Indy take on the Imperial Japanese Army in China, but most likely an "Indiana Jones IV" would be set after World War II and he'd be fighting the Soviets, which would also be okay. Just as long as he's not fighting aliens or giant monkeys!

-Dubya Fett

6. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nazis have been played out in the other Indy films.

Soviets have been played out in non Indy films.

I do think it should be a nation and not a band of mercenaries vs Indy. Hmmm let's see........Aborigines???

Tale of the Golden Boomerang??

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. rdsiam

rdsiam Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    Nazis of course. Is there a better bad guy, in any movie, than Nazis? NO!

8. Dubya_Fett

Jun 2, 2001
    The problem with the Nazis is that we've already been there and done that - twice! One thing that kind of bugged me about "The Last Crusade" was that it borrowed a little too heavily from "Raiders of the Lost Ark's" formula. If they do make an "Indiana Jones IV", I want to see new villains, new locations, and new artifacts.

-Dubya Fett

9. TimRoss

TimRoss Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2001
    I'm hoping that Indy lines up with the Tibetans against the invading Communist Chinese Army. Probably too political for an Indy film though.

10. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001
    Have him kick some Commie butt; they've been getting a free ride since the early 60's.

11. Dead Star

Dead Star Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2000
    I never get tired of seeing the nazies get beaten up ;) Besides, nazies are evil, everybody knowes that, and everybody hate them. If the enemy was some commie-army, ther would just be too much politics in it. No, let it be nazies!

12. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    After Schindler's List, Spielberg said he wouldn't do any more films with "Cartoon Nazis."

13. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Yeah, they should try something new. The real antagonists of RAIDERS and LAST CRUSADE weren't the Nazis anyway. It was Belloq, a Frenchman, and the American Donavan, respectively. They worked with the Nazis because they had greater resources and manpower.

14. ComicDude

ComicDude Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2001
    I say the Imperial Japanese Army. And short round could be in it played by Jackie Chan. He helps Indiana and also adds some humor.

15. Synecdoche

Synecdoche Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2001

"Well, since the Nazi's are in my two favourite Indy movies, I'll go with... The Nazis"

Considering the amount of time that's passed since 'Last Crusade', I don't think that's exactly an option (you really think that kinda aging takes place over the remainder of the war?)

Hell, neo-Nazis at this point, maybe...

16. Dubya_Fett

Jun 2, 2001
    The timeline is important. "Indiana Jones IV" will most likely be set in the 1950s, which means the Soviets are the most likely bad guys. I had an idea for a story where the villains were Nazis who fled to South America after World War II.

I have a theory, though, that due to Indiana Jones's hard life of adventuring he ages at a faster rate than the average person ("It's not the years, it's the mileage."). "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "The Last Crusade" were set only two years apart, but there was eight years between the making of the films! Thus, one "Indy year" is equal to four regular years. In that case, even though it has been twelve years since the last "Indiana Jones" film was made, only three years have passed in Indy's life, so currently it is only 1941 in his timeline.

Okay, that's stretching it. All indications point to "Indiana Jones IV" being made once Lucas is done with "Star Wars". That would mean 2006 at the earliest, which also just happens to be the 25th anniversary of "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Harrison Ford would be 64 by then.

-Dubya Fett

17. JJDF413

JJDF413 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2001
    other, USAMA!

18. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    The Nazis were getting tiresome around The Last Crusade. Should they make a fourth Indy movie, I wish for the villain to be something like an ancient cult (ala the Thuggee in TOD).

19. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    uhhh.........

20. Dubya_Fett

Jun 2, 2001
    I had an idea where Indy battles Nazi fugitives who fled to South America after World War II. They race against each other to find the lost city of El Dorado. Both Indy and the Nazis manage to reach the fabled City of Gold, only to discover that it is still inhabited by the remainders of an ancient Inca cult that practices human sacrifice!

-Dubya Fett

21. Paranorina

Paranorina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Nazis are stupid, and they speak funny.

22. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I voted that they should not make Indy 4. By the time it will get done, Ford will be too old, IMO.

But if they were to make Indy4, I would vote for moving Jones into a Commie fued with the Russians. The irony would be incredible if it was over a Biblical artifact, considering that Communism is generally an atheistic philosophy.

23. Cesar-Marzullo

Cesar-Marzullo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    The Soviets. Putting Indiana Jones right after WWII or somewehere in there. Add a new twist to the whole saga.

Cesar-Marzullo

24. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    the sith! or........... ORCS! THAT BE AWSOME!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.