main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which was a more evil threat to the republic/rebels, the Empire or the Vong??

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by starwarssisterani, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarssisterani

starwarssisterani Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I just want to see what others think cus i cant decide.

2. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    maybe you should try a poll, that way, the results would be easier to moniter

i say YV

3. starwarssisterani

starwarssisterani Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm not too worried about monitoring. I come here often enough too keep up with it. But thanx anywho.

4. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I'd say Vong as well, they threaten extermination and enslavement. The Empire was just a different government, if an evil one. :)

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Well, the Empire was mainly oppressing people, taking their freedom away. The Vong aren't satisfied with just oppressing others, they are out to kill them, wipe out their entire culture, and "Vongify" entire planets (think of what they did to Coruscant).

I think that pretty much answers the question.

6. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I'd say Empire. True, they didn't kill people, only oppressed them, but i'd rather be dead then subjugated. Thus, i'd rather be killed by vong then enslaved by Empire. The empire also was controlled by dark Side powers, which has a corrupting effect on the people of the GFFA....

Besides, the Empire was in the Movies, thats got to count for somethin....

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Empire is most certainly not evil.

I believe you know my answer.

8. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I'd say the Empire.

~Inyri

9. The_Shadow88

The_Shadow88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2002
    The Vong.

10. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    The Yuuhzan Vong. The Empire was created by the persoanlt machinations of one person, and fell apart without him there after his death. The YV would fight to the last being to create their way of life, becuase it's not just about power over people, it's a religious imperative to destroy the 'infidels' and remake the galaxy in their image. You may be able to reason with an Imperial, but not with a zealot race like the YV.

11. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    The Galactic Empire was headed by the darkest and most evil being in time, Emperor Palpatine. He ran a strict dictatorship, but used his clever politician skills to keep the people happy. He wants to govern the people, he wants to rule the galaxy.

The Yuuzhan Vong, while not headed by a dark lord of the Sith, are a much, much more formidable and dangerous opponent. The only reason the entire galaxy isn't after them is because they think there's some hope for peace. The Rebel Alliance fought against tyranny and injustice when they battled the Empire. They fight for the right to live the way they want. The New Republic fights the Yuuzhan Vong for the right to live, period. End of story. The Yuuzhan Vong wish everything to be a shadow of themselves. They wish to rule entirely - from government to religion to the things you use to eat. They want to control every aspect of your life, and if you don't agree, you get sacrificed. You might get sacrificed anyway, though.

For these reasons and many more i won't sit and type :) the Yuuzhan Vong are a more evil threatthan the Empire ever could be.

12. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Ah...but you looking at it from a human perspective. For Non Humans, both are the same, wanting to destroy them. Also, have the vong made any virus's set to kill people specifically? I'm not talking about vongforming, i'm talkin real biological warfare, a la Kyrtos(SP) virus. Not to mention the emperor also had a virus made that speciffically targets humans.

13. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    True, the Krytos virus was a terrible weapon and there was a virus to attack even humans. But Didn't Nom Amor attempt to engineeer a virus based on the coomb spores that he infected Mara nd other opele with? If that had worked, I believe that the YV would have no qualms about using it on entire worlds to make the invasion go easier for them.

14. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Er, it did work, basically. It killed 199/200 people infected...If say, they put it in the coruscant water supply, the invasion would be a lot simpler.

15. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    non-humans and humans alike are equally persecuted under the yuuzhan vong. if anything, non-humans should like the empire more, since at least some humans can help them beat the empire without being persecuted themselves. with the vong, they go after everybody.

also, non-humans and humans alike have no chance at joining the vong. all you can do is be converted to their religion. you'll never be accepted in their social ranks.

don't forget...
    grand admiral thrawn
    admiral daala

16. Lank_Pavail

Sep 26, 2002
    It has too short a life span, IIRC. Too make it a good vrius for 'cleansing an infidel world', theyd want an airborne version, which they never developed.

17. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    true, but the imps released the virus just to kill non humans.

at the time, the empire didn't register as half the threat the yuuzhan vong do presently in the njo.

18. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    No...Nonhumans should like the Vong more since they get all the humans help fighting them. Also, Against Vong Nonhumans aren't singled out. The vong hate everyone equally....

and why would you even want to consider joining the VOng or the Empire? ?[face_plain]

edit: Except that empire actually had Basic control over the entire galaxy...

and things aint look'n to bad in the GFFA as of Destiny's Way

19. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    As Ysanne, definitely Vong. The Empire was great, remember? :p

As Claire, still Vong. Just a personal belief.

20. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    yes, we're finally winning...did you actually think that the folks at Del Rey would have the New Republic lose the war??????? no way. it was just a matter of how, and when.

21. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes, the point is, even at their worst, the vong still dont have as much control as the Empire did in the Galaxy...

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually, purely on oppresion vs. annihilation case, the Empire is as bad as Yuuzhan Vong. Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious destroyed the entire Jedi Order (save Yoda and Obi-Wan, of course) in the rise of the Empire because he could see that the Jedi were a threat. And the Yuuzhan Vong are doing the same thing, albeit for different reasons (a.k.a., on religious grounds + others).

If we look at the Yuuzhan Vong wrecking havoac, the Empire did the same thing as well. Afterall, the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed worlds for conquest; Tarkin blew up Alderaan just to make Leia tell him where the Rebel Alliance is (and to show the galaxy the power of Death Star, and maybe get rid of a "potential" threat while he is at it).

Aun

23. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    the thing is, at the empire's worst, billions of humans and non humans survived as long as they didn't step out of line. there were no 'invasions' of civilian worlds and 'refugee camps' and what not.

at the yuuzhan vong's worst, billions are left without homes, billions more are slaughtered.

yes, the empire destroyed alderaan. but the vong destroyed serpindal, and ithor...and killed many more than empire did.

24. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes, but its better to die free, then live under slavery, so in that case, the Empire is worse...

25. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    I consider the Vong to be the greater threat to the Rebels/New Republic HOWEVER a more "evil" threat would be the empire imo since the Vong seem to exist in a different moral and religious sphere and the emperor was the epitome of evil as far as the jedi and rebels were concerned. Not that the Vong are sweethearts...but i dunno...different situation. It's not about morality but survival with the Vong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.