main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which way of turning someone down do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Skiara , Feb 8, 2007.

?

Which way of turning someone down do you prefer?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Just saying no

41.9%
  2. Giving a long explanation

29.0%
  3. Showing a ring on your finger (even if it isn't a real marriage ring)

3.2%
  4. Having a nice chat and at some point mentioning that you have another boyfriend/girlfriend

12.9%
  5. Saying you like your own gender

3.2%
  6. Other (please, tell us)

9.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I act very helpful and very dense. Most of these encounters are customers at work.

Stranger who is a Weirdo: Can I have your number?
    Me: Sure. (rattles off work number) That's the number to this store. I'm not here very often, though, because I work at different stores on different days. But any manager on duty can help you.
    Weirdo: I meant your HOME phone number.
    Me: I can't help you from home, though. I'd need to be able to see what's in stock. It's better if you call the number to the store.
    Weirdo: But I want to talk to you!
    Me: If it's an emergency, whoever is on duty here can page me at the other stores, but really, many of the other managers have been here longer and they can help you find merchandise just as efficiently as I can.

Eventually they give up and go away, probably either figuring out that I am being mean-with-a-pleasant-smile, or thinking that I'm so stupid that they don't want to go out with me anyway.

I haven't been hit on since 2004 by people other than drunk or at least slightly tipsy customers, one weird co-worker situation notwithstanding. And the '04 was a homeless guy with almost no teeth. I told him I was a lesbian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.