Discussion Which will be...the biggest bomb?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Most series of films, etc. have one or two that are really horrible bombs. Things you want to forget existed.

[IMG]

Disney, Pixar, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, etc.... everything has one. And although some people hate the SW prequels I don't think we've quite hit one that constitutes as a straight up bomb. They all have really redeeming factors to them.

[IMG]

So in all the future of Star Wars movies, what do you hope to see made as the biggest bomb? The one that no one speaks of after seeing?
  2. harpua Chosen One

star 9
    The first standalone character movie.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    Hope to see? Hope to see?
    Are we really that desperate for something to complain about that we're now making wishlists for what we hope will suck? Dammit people, what's wrong with appreciating what we're given - or at least waiting until we know anything before we start the hating?
  4. mes520 Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel it's way too early for this
    Last edited by mes520, Mar 24, 2013
  5. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    TigerCrane, don't take the internet so seriously - this is lighthearted, not hating.
    Last edited by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Mar 24, 2013
  6. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    You mean "Dud". A "Bomb" means box office failure. A "Dud" means creative failure. Star Wars is unlikely to ever have a "Bomb".
  7. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    The "Jar Jar and Friends" Spin off will out sell all three PT movies combined.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Not predicting this, but I agree that this has the potential to be it, depending upon the time it is released and which character is chosen.
    Darth Venator and DARTHSHAME like this.
  9. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Biggest bomb? I'd imagine it would be here when/if one of the OT3 is killed.
    Last edited by Darth Claire, Mar 24, 2013
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    See my vote for "When will the Biggest Battle happen?".:p
  11. DARTHSHAME Force Ghost

star 4
    You may be right. However, I fully suspect Han to be killed off heroically. Harrison Ford will be nearly 80 by the end of the ST and I do not think that he wants to be involved that long. I suspect he wants the opportunity to bring Han Solo's character to a fitting conclusion and to Ford that means a heroic death.
  12. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    The mass craze here will be beautiful. I forsee it being full of "Childhood=dead" remarks and people theorizing how he/she could have died better/not died at all *gotta love them "Look at this screenshot! It shows he's not dead" stuff*
    Darth Venator likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Oh, it's gonna be spectacular. I will be lurking with popcorn.
    Darth Venator and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Me too man. I can't wait. Its like the Jokers TDK quote *but like this instead*
    Its gunna be epic
    eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    And then they'll all blame George Lucas and he will simply say "Do I look like a guy with a plan"?
  16. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established canon, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!
    eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Personally I think someone should've died in ROTJ, but we all know who scuppered that idea.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
  19. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I'm still waiting for Holiday Special II: Death Day.[face_waiting]
    Padme501st and lbr789 like this.
  20. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    The Clone Wars theatrical movie was a bomb and boy was it awful.
  21. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Little do people know, there has been actually 7 Star Wars movies to be shown in theaters.

The Clone Wars theatrical movie... was awful both in quality and in the box office. That was our bomb.
    Last edited by KED12345, Mar 24, 2013
  22. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  23. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    Be fair now, TCW did make back it's budget so not a bomb. Bomb is where they spend more and don't make back enough cash. I'm guessing somewhere around the "phase 3" of the spin-off character movies (if you look at Star Wars like Marvel where they do "phases" culminating in Avengers movies. Change the word "Avengers" to "Star Wars Episode"). Like some ST-era or EU-character spin off. If they come out the gate with Han Solo and Boba Fett flicks, I think they'll turn a profit (Boba Fett will probably end up being the least-highest grossing Star Wars movie but I don't think the budget will be that high.)
  24. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There is no Star Wars bomb & never will there be a Star Wars bomb....quite right above TCW movie was a box office sucess concidering is was meant to be a t.v pilot that Georege deicded he wanted on the big screen , the budget was soacked up by the t.v budget so really it was all profit so percentage wisr it is one of the most sucessful Star Wars movies ! & it WAS GOOD TOO..............
    Last edited by chris hayes, Mar 24, 2013
  25. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Most of these hopes about a major protagonist dying in Return of the Jedi are just afterthoughts based on it being mentioned in interviews with Lawrence Kasdan and Harrison Ford. No one would have wanted it or expected it.
    It's hard to predict "bombs" now. Everything is so expensive and even the big hits don't last in theaters that long. Look at the list of films that have grossed over $300 million. So many left no impact whatsoever. Other popular movies surprisingly made very little at the box office.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.