main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which would you rather play?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Maarek-Stele, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maarek-Stele

Maarek-Stele Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2006
    My gaming group regularly has 2 campaigns going at once. At the moment, we're primarily doing Battletech, but I've been itching to run something in addition.

The last thing I ran was a Stargate mini-campaign (for any who remember this thread, I did end up doing the Paranoia->Stargate session, which went really well.) It's been awhile since we've run anything Star Wars related (been about a year, I think?) but we're still burned out on it.

My main ideas for running something would be:

1) A smuggling campaign in a homebrewed universe using GURPS, as a sequel to and using the system I devised for a short naval campaign I ran over a year back. Basically giving them free reign to run their own business flying around and making cash however they can.

2) Zombie survival game set in Washington DC. Probably just one or two sessions of them surviving an outbreak while quarantined within the city, but if they survived maybe continue it: get them to flee to a safe zone over in Baltimore. Probably also using GURPS.

3) Fallout, using the Fallout PnP rules to test them out. Don't have any specific ideas yet, but post-nuclear apocalypse could be rather fun.

Just curious as to which setting you think you'd pick given the opportunity.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I'd go the Zombie DC survival game, but I've always been a fan of the NIGHTLIFE RPG game by Stellar Games. Too bad Stellar went bankrupt. I thought they had a good idea.
    You could use the Zombies!!! boardgame as a basis.

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    2 and 3 are so similar, combine them. Especially if you've been playing Fallout and are familiar with the setting. Throw a zombie mutant virus in there

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    For the last 2 ideas there's a great book out for d20 called d20 apocalypse, which i had been using for my d20 Modern game before it fell apart. Excellent resource. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Zombies, all the way. Nothing like watching players slowly come to terms with the fact that even if they manage to kill ten zombies there are a hundred more following right behind.

6. Darth_Reese

Darth_Reese Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2009
    I would play the smuggling campaign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.