main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which X-Wing series (i.e. squadron) did you like best?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CMR, Mar 13, 2002.

?

Which X-Wing series (i.e. squadron) did you like best?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Rogues

32.6%
  2. Wraiths

67.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
  2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Both were great. Wraiths were a lot of fun though, and they have a great re-read value. I've only managed to re-read Rogue Sqaudron from MAS's series. I've reread SoA, Wraith Sqaudron, and Solo Command of Allston's series.

Love 'em both though. You know, what with Wedge getting his pie and what not.

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Too close to call for me. I love Wedge & Tycho & Corran, but I also loved Wedge & Hobbie & Janson....

wk

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I agree. Very close. But the Wraiths are soooooooooo much more funny. And I like that. so I say Wraiths.

5. -Rhysology

-Rhysology Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll have to defy the trend and say I like the rogues better.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd have to say the rogues. They are the best
    !

7. Olmahk_DeathCommando

Olmahk_DeathCommando Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2001
    Alright, how about a new question: which main character do you like the best. Corran or Kell? Personally I like the Wraiths and Kell better...

8. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Definitely the Wraiths. I liked the way they were written better.

9. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    While the Rogues are the greatest pilots around (and Corran being my favorite character of all time), the Wraiths are more indicative of a typical squadron. They don't have a nearly 100% survival rate, they play practical jokes (Yub Yub), and are aort of superstitious (Elassar Targon, whom I have something in common with--figure it out). It has been mentioned (I don't remember where, I think I,Jedi) that pilots are supposed to be superstitious, but we don't see any of that until Elassar Targon (okay, both parts of his name were from diff characters in LOTR). Also the Wraiths had more story behind the characters. Riv Shiel was in the first four Rogue books but he was hardly mentioned. Ooryl was supposed to be Corran's closest friend, but we learn very little of him unil Bacta War. In the Wraith books, just about every character has a bit of the story told from their POV, so we get to know them better.

10. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The Rogues were better at kicking butt on six times their number of TIEs, but the Wraiths were just so much crazier and easier to like.

11. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Wraiths, easy.
    They were funnier. :D
    'Nuff said.

12. Crite Sculdren

Crite Sculdren Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
    One could include both the movie rogues and the comic rogues, but i doubt the movie rogues would get any votes(little coverage). However, given the option, i'd probably vote for the comic rogues because they have the character development and general backstory that i think the books lacked. and they had hobbie and janson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.