Which Yoda is the best?.......YOU Make the Call!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ferelwookie, Jun 24, 2002.

?

Which Yoda is the best?.......YOU Make the Call!

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
Yoda puppet from ESB & ROTJ 61 vote(s) 43.9%
Yoda puppet from TPM 7 vote(s) 5.0%
Yoda CGI from AOTC 71 vote(s) 51.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
  2. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Which Yoda do you think was the most realistic looking and had the greatest range of emotion? Please explain why you voted for your choice!
  3. Quasar Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wasn't too crazy about Yoda being completely CGI. It worked beautifully for the ending fight scene, which was freakin' awesome by the way, but throughout the entire movie, it just seemed like he wasn't there. Looking at the puppets of the OT and from TPM, I get a sense that he is truly a pysical presence, which technically he is. CGI, well, he is put in later. Just my opinion. I picked the puppet in TPM.
  4. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to be old school myself. I still think the ESB/Jedi puppet was the most convincing. Interested in hearing what you guys think. Thanks for your votes!
  5. JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Master

star 3
    I rather liked the CGI Yoda, as he could do more expressions. Even know you knew he was CGI, he didn't really look fake, even though you could tell he was. And I'm sorry, but that lightsaber fighting scene kicked some MAGOR BUTT!!!!!!!
  6. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    i'm really torn. i think old school yoda is the most realistic, but i do think cgi yoda showed a much greater range of emotion. arrggh!
  7. Kun2112 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Have to go w/ the original. Frank Oz did a magnificant job. Mark Hammil realy made us think Yoda was there. Overall I think that ESB was the best interaction between an actor and an "effect" in movie history. These scenes are why we love Yoda as an audience. The CGI Yoda was very expressive IMHO, so second place for that. The TPM Yoda, for the first time looked like a puppet in every scene. Something about his ears bothered me too.....so third place.
  8. AdrianCoyote Jedi Knight

star 2
    I picked Yoda from TPM. I think personally he was just the more real looking...and sexy looking...yoda. I wish he had a bigger part in TPM though...He didn't even use the force in that movie! Not once! All he did was say stuff about anger leads to hate and suffering...I wanted some force!

~AC
  9. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    CGI for myself. More movement gave him more life for me. :)
  10. BKK Force Ghost

star 3
    CGI was okay for the end fight scene in AOTC, but I gotta go with the puppet. Looks more realistic overall.
  11. Tayschrenn Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the puppet, I guess it is because when I first saw Yoda that was what we looked like. The CGI one just seems 'fake' (if I could use that word) in comparison to the original. :)

Tayschrenn
  12. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I certainly wouldn't say the cgi Yoda was "fake", just not as real-world(ish) as the puppet. The TPM puppet is definetly the worst in my opinion.
  13. Sandjo_Koharr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I voted CGI Yoda.

TPM puppet just didn't look right.

The only reason CGI Yoda got my vote over ESB/ROTJ puppet is how faithful they made
    him look. I'm the first to criticize a bad CGI effect (Scorpion King at the end of Mummy
    Returns anyone?). But a well done CGI effect (most of TPM/AOTC and Jurrassic Park)
    can be great (it's the little thing's like Yoda's "ear bounce" to make him look more like
    the classic puppet). That, and he had more range with mouth movements.
  14. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Most realistic? ESB and ROTJ puppet.
  15. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For too many of us, the original puppet just is Yoda. TPM Yoda looked like something out of Blue's Clues and CG Yoda looks ...flat. I'm not sure how else to describe it.
  16. Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I realy liked how we could see what was going on in Yoda's mind with the CGI ability to animate his face. I just wish GL had used him in the TPM because the Yoda from that one and the Yoda from this one don't look a thing alike. I watched TPM on DVD again the other night and it was painfully obvious.
  17. SkywalkerSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is no topping the OT Yoda. He is always will be Yoda, no question!
  18. JFettG Jedi Master

star 4
    The originals are the best.
  19. Scout_Trooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Definitely Yoda in ESB & ROTJ, the Puppet is much more realistic, natural and believeable IMO.
  20. annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    5 days left to vote. CGI Yoda and puppet Yoda from ESB are neck & neck! Get you're votes in!

This is a not so subtle way of uping this.
  22. DimensionX Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoda CGI from AOTC

I love CGI

Anybody who doesn't like it, is a number 1 in my book
  23. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I didn't care much for Yoda until AOTC. I thought his character showed WAAAY more emotion than in the OT. He was also more lifelike. Seeing him walk around was great and the animation was incredible.
  24. Rogue-Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    The OT Yoda is the best in my opinion.
  25. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    i would say cgi because he is green, and moves better. and is definately not blue

AXL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.