Which Yoda is the best?.......YOU Make the Call!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ferelwookie, Jun 24, 2002.

?

Which Yoda is the best?.......YOU Make the Call!

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
Yoda puppet from ESB & ROTJ 61 vote(s) 43.9%
Yoda puppet from TPM 7 vote(s) 5.0%
Yoda CGI from AOTC 71 vote(s) 51.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    CGI Yoda.

Realistic looking and can he ever move!
  2. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    Save a few shots here and there the CGI Yoda looked more realistic and expressive to me than have any of the other puppets... also he is not stuck to the floor and we actually get to see him walking around which is quite cool... in ESB, he seems to be stuck in the ground (for obvious reasons) during some scenes and he really doesn't move around all that much.

I mean, I think I prefer the ESB version of Yoda to the CGI Yoda in AOTC... but the AOTC Yoda was capable of so much more... you really have to hand it to Rob Coleman and the guys at ILM. Even Frank Oz likes the new Yoda alot. :)
  3. Kryatt_Dragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think the original puppet Yoda from TESB and ROTJ was the best, hands down!

I think that the ESB Yoda had a better range of emotions and did a better job of conveying emotions than the GGI Yoda. While it may be true that the CGI Yoda was very expressive, on an intuitive level, he seemed flat. I'd argue that conveyance of real emotions wins out over superficial, cartoon expressiveness any day. I have to wonder if the people who prefer the CGI Yoda are judging things by how they "look" versus how they "feel."

The Phantom Menace Yoda was an afront to the senses!
  4. haakun Force Ghost

star 4
  5. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Which one?

...just a real lame way of me up-ing this. ;) But, there's next to no polls left here, so I figured if you guys are bored you might wanna vote for your favorite Yoda.

:D
  6. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I prefer the puppet from 5 and 6. I really dug the lightsaber battle from AOTC but I still like the puppet.
  7. JADES_FIRE Jedi Master

star 4
  8. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  10. gwaernardel Jedi Master

star 4
  11. bedada3 Force Ghost

star 4
    I couldn't understand why Yoda had such a prominant jawline in TPM, and looked completely different in the rest of the episodes. Had he done steroids until QuiGon died?

I prefer the original, but he was still good in Clones.
  12. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you guys remember polls? :)

Anyway, if you're real bored, vote in this (surprisingly) close poll.
  13. Lady_Ex Jedi Knight

star 1
    ESB and ROTJ Yoda puppet! :) So he was stuck on the studio floor, he actually looked like a real thing instead of CGI. It's a weird thing with CGI, no matter how good the animation is, the movements just seem so fake. [face_plain]
  14. darth_obawan Jedi Master

star 4
    CGI Yoda! that fight scene was the only reason i saw EPII again. (and the death stix scene) if u ask me, AOTC would'v SUCKED w/o the Yoda vs. Dooku scene
  15. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8
    Yoda puppet from ESB & ROTJ. Simply because that's the way I will always remember Yoda.
  16. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    The little green tornado. :cool:

:D

Seriously, he was realistic (and a very well handled CGI) and showed much more emotion and activity.

I think that after AOTC, we all know why Luke was looking for a GREAT WARRIOR on Dagobah... ;)
  17. Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Ok ok, so I think simpler is better -- I much prefer the ESB/ROTJ puppet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.