main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whie

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ForceSynaesthesia, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    how much of whie do we get to see in ROTS? I don't recall seeing him, was his scenes cut?

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    His dead body on the floor, and maybe one second of the duel he died in via small hologram. So, not much.

3. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    which dead body on the floor is he?

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I dunno.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    He was on that little Hologram thing Ob1 was watching outside of the archive room, right before he sees Anakin profess his allegience to Palpatine. Anakin knocks Whie off the screen, then chokes Bene (aka Scout) and fights Cin Drallig. It happens within seconds, so its hard to see exactly what's going on.

6. JediMasterNicolas

JediMasterNicolas Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Bene wasn't Scout. Bene was one of Cin Drallig's students, sparring with Whie when the Temple was attacked. They were both Padawans, but not Cin's. Cin's padawan was Serra Keto, who was killed by Anakin.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The duel was supposed to be a tad longer, but was edited out :(

8. ForceSynaesthesia

Jun 19, 2005
    yeah Bene is not Scout, Scout's real name is Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy. Which dead body is Whie, the one that Yoda pokes at?

9. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I wanted to see Bene.[face_tired]

10. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    i wish Lucas wouldn't have edited RotS of all these cool parts, who cares if the movie was 4 hous, people would have eaten it up

11. ASkywalkerFamilyXmas

ASkywalkerFamilyXmas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    So is Scout confirmed as being dead.

12. JediMasterNicolas

JediMasterNicolas Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Not that I know of, but basicly thew whole Order is "confirmed" dead.

13. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    The entire order is not confirmed dead in the last republic holonet news(which is an in universe new service in the magazine) in Insider which had a wanted list of several jedi includin Rahn(Kyle Katarns ghostly mentor) and Rannik Solusar(Kam's dad) along with several others. In fact I don't think that the entire order is confirmed dead until Vader kills the Dark Woman and that was closer to ANH then order 66, plus they know Obi-wan and yoda are alive.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Anyone think Bene's name is a nod to Dune, with it's "Bene Gesserit"?

(for the record, I hope not)

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy . . . Haunting-faced Arkanians called Ding.

If I wasn't Aust, I might have had a chance to sell this . . . book.

16. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I think at the end of the events of ROTS, about 60 or 70 odd Jedi, including Obi-Wan, Yoda, and technically speaking, Anakin, are still alive. Those three are the only ones actually seen in the movies that are known to be alive. 70 out of an Order that supposedly had 10,000 or so around the time of TPM and AOTC is pretty bad though.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^^^About that Bene/Scout business...

I originally thought they were 2 different people, but I heard since then that they were one and the same... I don't remember how, but there's a thread on this subject somewhere on this site that went through the evidence of how they were the same.

18. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i would consider the jedi order dead pretty much after ROTS. after that point, despite there being jedi survivors - they are separated, alone, and no longer an organization. while vader and palpatine continue to hunt them down for a while, eventually they stop because the remaining jedi are not a threat in their hunted-down exile status.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The Empire may have left a few Jedi alive on purpose as a justification for later actions, claiming it was necessary to hunt down the remaining Jedi traitors.

20. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i like it! if they claim to be in a perpetual "war on jedi traitors", they'd better leave a few jedi around to play the role of the boogeymen to justify the empire's draconian measures... if you don't accept these new laws limiting your freedom, you're letting the jedi win!

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    That would only be a valid comparison if Jedi were inclined to suicide bombing, or if CAIR had formerly handled the majority of law-enforcement and peace-keeping duties for the U.S government.o_O

22. Joser_Kyind

Joser_Kyind Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2005
    Bene and Scout are not, and never will be, the same person, unless Lucasfilm specificly says they are. I did not see Whie's body in the hallway/balcony area where Obi-Wan and Yoda examined the bodies. Besides, his corpse would have been nearby Cin Drallig's and Bene's bodies, which were also not seen in that shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.