main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While watching the movie "Touch"....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by CuppaJoe, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    So, while my sister and I were watching the movie starring Christopher Walken, "Touch", my sister joked with me of how the main character, who could heal people by touching them, was a "failed Christ". So, I said something similar to how Anakin was more of a failed Christ than he was, and how much more symbolism was put into his character, which could either be coincidently similar to Christ, such as the fact he was conceived by MidiChlorians (Immaculate Conception), and how he would bring balance, but he eventually fails and becomes the evil Darth Vader (failed Christ)....which eventually had my sister and I discussing the Force, and I had to describe it to her (she really doesnt know much about star wars, not a big deal), so in describing the Force, and it's similarities to God, (which also could be coincidently). Ultimately, I confused her....unfortunately had her say that it was sort of a failure of the story, and how much she liked the original explanation of The Force in A New Hope. But now she says that it's making everything too confusing, that it shouldn't have been done, yet, I actually LOVE how all this was done, and shows how much Lucas has planned out the story (especially with the stuff I've read about Episode 3 which I shouldn't go into), but, simply, I love it. I think it's genius.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I like the way the Force is. It has a spiritual side but it also has a little biological explanation. The Midi-chorlians are really there just to tell everyone "hey Anakin is the best of the Jedi." I really think that is there only purpose in TPM.

I also love the "Chosen one, the one who will bring balence" idea.

Seldon

3. TheFury

TheFury Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2003
    The midi-chlorian idea has never bothered me. It's a tiny part of the overall story.

4. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I think it all leads up to the "dissapear trick".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.