main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Wow! THis is really good... I thought that they had found the Lars' homestead, not Han, when I was reading it... and boy, was I surprised when I found out who it was...

This looks like it'll be really good; I'll keep my eye on this fic.

--Mr. P

2. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Keep going we need more Han/Leia stories and so far this is worth reading :)

3. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Seven years! Makes the title all the more intriguing. Can't wait for the next installment!

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    All I can say is WOW! Please post more soon!!:)

5. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Yay, I'm soo glad you guys like it so far. Your feedback keeps me going. Thanks. :)

I'll do my best to post more tonight, if not, then DEFINITELY tomorrow. "You have my word!"

Thanks again,

Stoned Rose

6. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    This is interesting!! I wish Luke was in it though.

7. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    so its been 7 yrs...has Leia found another guy? what about Chewie? and Lando...and Luke, yes i want to see luke too!

[(am I the only one who gets butterflies doing this??)]

--when i first started posting, yes. now i just get butterflies when i read, "that was soooo great!" :D

and it was so great! this is going wonderfully. the thing with tatooine...now that suggests the EMpire wasn't defeated, or at least not totally or as quickly. so what happened to Vader?

i think maybe Jawas might have moved Han into the dwelling...or maybe Bobba Fett LIVES! :)

8. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Okay, here's the next part. And don't worry, Luke finally makes his first appearance :)

Thanks for the responses, guys. It's nice to know people are reading. :)

The former princess of Alderaan sat before a desk swamped with paper work, the heal of her hand pressed firmly against her forehead as if to physically ward off the headache she knew was brewing. While working directly beneath Mon Mothma in the building of a new government was often a great honor, and a position she usually occuppied with aplomb, it could also be completely overwhelming. Leia cautiously eyed the precarious stacks and piles, as if nervous that they might actually come to life and literally engulf her. She bit her lip in frustration, it honestly felt like they might sometimes.

Suddenly her intercom beeped and Leia stifled a groan as she reached for it. She didn't know if she could take any extra demands at the moment. "Yes?" She asked warily.

"Master Skywalker to see you Princess."

Leia immediately perked upon hearing this. She could use a good healthy dose of encouragement from her brother right about now. "Oh, by all means, send him in."

As the door slid open, Leia sat up straight, trying to regain some of the regal composure for which she was famous. Luke made his way across the room and Leia gave him a genuine heartfelt smile. It never ceased to strike her how distinguished her brother looked in his jedi robes. So noble. Yet serene. Leia stood up and offered him a hug.

"So," Luke whispered as they embraced, "how are you feeling?"

Leia backed away and looked up at him with a curious expression upon her face. "What do you mean?"

Luke gave her a knowing smile, "I mean how are you? I had a feeling you were a little stressed so I thought I would stop by." The jedi eyed the stacks of papers on her desk. "And from the look of things, I would say my hunch was correct."

Leia rolled her eyes at his use of the word "hunch". She was pretty sure she knew what *that* really was. "A hunch, huh?" She said as she made her way back to her desk.

"Yeeaaaah," Luke said cautiously as he slid into the chair across from her, "so what's going on?"

Leia smiled weakly at her brother. She appreciated his concern. She appreciated having *anyone's* concern these days. "Just feeling a little overworked."

Luke raised an eyebrow, "A little? I would say from your appearance you haven't gotten much sleep either."

She gave the Jedi a pointed glare, "Oh, so now on top of things I look horrible too?"

Luke stifled a chuckle. "Hey, I didn't mean it that way. But seriously, you look really tired. Are you sleeping okay?"

"Yesss mother" Leia answered in mock annoyance, although it secretly pleased her when he fussed over her. She was about to add another smart remark, but faltered as the events of last evening came back to her. "It was just, well, last night I had some trouble. But I don't normally."

"What happened last night?"

Leia shrugged and feigned a sudden interest in straightening all the piles on her desk.

Luke suddenly widened his eyes in alarm, "It's not Bailey is it? He's not sick is he?"

Leia smiled absently at the thought of her six year old son, her eyes automatically flicking over to the holocube of him sitting on her desk. She warmed with pride as she took in his appearance. In this image he was beaming crookedly up at the camera, his hazel eyes squinting in the pleasure of the moment. His expression was so endearing. So adorable. *So familar*. It was enough to make Leia's heart ache. In the boy's right hand he clutched his favorite worn wookiee doll. A present from Chewbacca on his Name Day. "No, Bailey's fine," Leia sighed, "thank gods."

Luke's shoulders sagged with relief. "Good. So what....is it the stress? Did that keep you up?"

Leia turned back to the task of re-organizing her desk. She tried to convey a sudden lightness in mood that she did not feel. "Yeah, I guess that must've been part of it...."

"Part? Part of it? What else was it then?"

Leia let out an exasperated sigh as she looke

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Oh wow. It'll take a minute for me to digest all that. So Leia had Han's child after he "died" and later married someone else? Wow. This will make for an interesting reuinion. For some reason I'm having visions of the recent movie "Castaway" but I'm sure your story will evolve in a different direction. The piece was very well written and I think you captured the characters well.

10. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    You've definately got me wanting more, Stoned Rose! So how will this situation work itself out, I wonder? I do like the way you've portrayed Luke. Kind, insightful, but quite capable of being forceful and making a point when he wants to. Yup, nicely done. :)

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Fascinating! I loved how you described Leia saying it wasn't that she didn't think of Han, it was that she never stopped thinking of him. And Luke might well be right with his guess of a force vision. It was also very powerful, the way we heard Han's voice echoing in the conversation. "I'm a nice man." Well written! Now I'm looking forward to finding out who this other nice man, Simon, is. Why did Leia marry him--where did she even meet him at all?

More soon, please!

12. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    sigh. this is getting complicated! Why is life never simple?

How is this all going to end up? Poor Han..... Poor Leia. Poor Simon.

Phew. good post.

13. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Good! More! So Simon is from Alderaan... ?

--Mr. P

14. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Whoa. Ditto what everybody else has already said.
    I also loved the way we kept hearing Han in the conversation (that "I'm a nice man" scene is one of my faves).
    I'm also wondering about Simon and how Leia came to marry him when she obviously still loves Han.
    And how everyone will deal with the news that Han is still alive, assuming they find out.

15. Jole

Jole Jedi Master star 3

Dec 12, 1998
    Great story.

I'm a Han fan and even though we haven't seen him in the story yet, you have the characterizations down great. I feel so sorry for Leia.

Can't wait for more.

16. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    "Leia cautiously eyed the precarious stacks and piles, as if nervous that they might actually come to life and literally engulf her."

Ah, paperwork. Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! :)

I just loved the way that scene played out. REALLY fascinating. Loved her thoughts about Han, and great job with the Luke/Leia interaction, too. Hope for more soon!

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Ooh, let's keep the posts coming.

UP!

18. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    i have a bad feeling about this...

this isn't gonna be an angst fic is it? i don't know if i, as a reader, could stand them just being friends...

and i already hate simon. i thought you'd want to know :D but he's going to come between Han and Leia, and so he's now the bad guy ;)

19. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    WOW!!!!!! Great post Rose!!!

Bailey. What a cute name!! After Bail Organa right?

Please, I need to know more about Simon and is Han really gone for good?

Up, up and away!!!

20. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    *jaw drops* StonedRose... I'm... speechless... this is incredible... I am going to continue to keep an eye on this thread, that's for sure.

And I agree with Marie_Jadewalker, this reminds me of Tom Hanks new movie castaway. I don't want to ruin it for the people who are visiting this thread that haven't seen the movie, but lets just sad the ending, while realistic, was painful for me. I hope the exact opposite of what happens in the movie happens here. I can't bear the thought of Leia with another man. :(

~*~Bria

21. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Yay, thanks for the feedback.

As for those of you who are worried out there I will just say this:...nah, I don't want to spoil anything. ;-)

I'll try to put up another post this weekend.

Thanks again,

StonedRose

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, the boy is named after Bail Organa. :)

22. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Han better come back and get that Simon out of the picture! Keep up the great work, and I can't wait to read more!

23. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    oh wow i didn't even connect Bailey with Bail Organa...

24. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Neither did I, Vergere.
    More story!!!

25. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I hadn't made the Bail connection either, but it's cool. We'd love to see what happens next!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.