main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    More Please!

2. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    What Jedi-Jade said!

--Mr. P

3. JeniWanKenobi

JeniWanKenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2000
    Wow, this is so enjoyable! Post more please!!!

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Please don't keep us in suspense! In the words of Claudia (Interview with the Vampire), "I want some more."

~*~Bria

5. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Sorry for keeping you waiting! The weekend gets hectic, but finally here's another post. I'm sorry, this one is pretty short, but I promise the next one is going to be really long so it all works out in the wash. :)

Here you go......

Malcolm and Xavier stood in the dark cavern, both looking up at the frozen man in uncertainty. Xavier had been right, the cave had been a veritable gold mine of goodies. Malcolm guessed that they were looting what was once the primary residence of a clan of Tuskan Raiders. There were the tell-tale gaffi sticks and abandoned sand masks. There were also piles upon piles of what were now considered dated Imperial weaponry and old uniforms. Xavier had also pointed out to Malcolm that in the back corner there appeared to be larger remains of the same ship they had uncovered a few days before. "Why, I bet we could practically rebuild the ship ourselves," he had exclaimed excitedly to the older man.

Malcolm smiled in satisfaction, while he wouldn't exactly go *that* far, there was certainly a great deal of worth now packed into their land speeder. He just hoped it was enough to finally get them passage off this desolate planet. They would find out soon enough, but right now the two men paused in indecision as they studied the stony apparition.

"What do you think we should do?" Xavier asked softly, as if worried that he might actually disturb the man frozen before them. "Do we leave him?"

He watched Malcolm closely, trying to gage what the older man was thinking. Personally, he was all for leaving the man right where they had found him. As they had spent the last couple of hours pillaging the abandoned dwelling it had felt as if the man's presence hovered over them. Xavier had felt watched, as if the stony eyes were staring down and casting judgement on them. And that expression. It looked so pained, so *anguished*. It gave Xavier the creeps if he was going to be perfectly honest about it.

Malcolm crossed his arms and peered up at the slab of carbonite with an inquisitive glare. His brain and his conscience were working overtime. "You checked out those life readings before?"

"Yes, sir."

"And they said he was alive?"

"Well according to them, yes-but they could be inaccurate..." Xavier swallowed, he could see where his boss's thoughts were heading. "And who knows how old that equipment is."

Malcolm sighed grudgingly. "Well....." He ran a frustrated hand across his chin, "if there's even a possibility that this poor sap is still alive, then I wouldn't feel right just leaving him."

"B-but sir, we don't even know who he is-" Xavier's mind was reeling, "he-he could be an Imp for all we know!"

Malcolm just shook his head in resignation as he looked down at the dusty floor of the cavern. His brain had been defeated by his conscience yet again. "Just wouldn't be right," he muttered softly to himself. And aside from that, there was something about that metallic face that tugged on his memory. But he couldn't figure out what it was.

"And what if this is his stuff? And he tries to demand it back from us?" Xavier seemed unrelenting in his arguing.

Malcolm chuckeled softly at this and gestured up at the carbon statue, "does this guy look like he's about to demand *anything* from us? Look at him for Emperor's sake!"

"I know," Xavier answered softly, his shoulders sagging with defeat, "but I...."

"But nothing," Malcolm returned sharply, "now let's load him up. We're taking him with us and that's the end of it."

*to be continued....*

Yeah, I know. Short. The next one will be longer. Happy Superbowl Sunday! (go giants!)

:)

EDIT: I should learn to use a spellcheck, jeez....

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    There is nothing wrong with a short post, as long as it was a good one. And, it was! Nice work!! ;)

7. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    AUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! What's going to happen????

8. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    A post! Yay! And a good one, another small cliff to hang from- never mind the length. Quantity is no reflection of quality. :)

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    That's fantastic, StonedRose! I'm glad your scavengers had consciences. :) I can hardly wait to see what transpires tomorrow.

10. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    yay! Han has been rescued!

now...i want more! :)

11. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    MORE!!!! (please?)

12. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    The return of the Solo!!! Yippie!!!!! More, please?

13. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes... short but sweet. Very intriguing. I'll join everyone else and say MORE please! :)

14. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Ohhhh.... *bites her fingernails* What happens next?!?!?!

15. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I loved the description of how Xavier felt about Han, and how he thought his expression was anguished.
    Short but sweet, right everyone? :)

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Sorry to drop off like that and disappear for a while, but my 'net connection has yet to be turned on after my recent move.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know what an excellent job you're doing. The inclusion of Luke and Bailey has added even more to the mix. And Xavier's commentary on Han...

Keep up the great work! :)

17. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Thanks for all the encouragement. You have no idea how much your feedback keeps fired up and writing. :) Okay, as promised, this post is a *long* one. So you know, grab a snack first or something and get comfortable. *Takes the usual nervous breath* All righty, here we go.....and for those of you who might wonder, yes, Leia has learned how to understand Wookiee....:)

Leia felt emotionally drained by the time she finally entered her apartment that evening. The day had been a trying one to say the least, and she was relieved to be home again. As the front door slid closed behind her, Leia could make out the giggles of her young son coming from the back room. The laughter abruptly stopped at the sound of the door clicking shut, and Leia smiled as she heard the sounds of padded feet bounding towards her. "Momma!" Bailey shouted gleefully, his arms outstretched for a hug. "You're home!"

Leia let out a small "oof!" as the child leapt into her arms. "Whoa," she gasped good naturedly, "you're getting to be a big boy. I can barely hold you!"

Bailey beamed proudly, "I *am* a big boy you mean."

"Of course, I mean you *are,*" Leia amended as she slid her son back to the floor.

"Guess what," Bailey said cheerfully, his broad smile revealing the gaps from missing baby teeth, "Uncle Chewie's back! And he got me this!" The boy thrusted a small model spaceship in Leia's face.

"Oooh, neat." Leia looked up to see Chewbacca appear around the corner. He gave her what could only be the wookiee version of a sheepish smile. He knew Leia hated it when he spoiled the boy. But Leia just smiled at him broadly and walked over to give him a hug.

"When did you get back on planet?" She asked, giving Chewie a tight squeeze.

<Just this afternoon.>

"Did you have a nice visit on Kashyyyk?"

<Yes, it was nice seeing the family.>

Leia gave the wookiee a knowing look. "You could have stayed longer you know."

<Princess,> Chewie said, his tone serious, <I had a nice time, but you know my place is here.>

Leia just gave him a small smile of understanding. They had had this conversation a thousand times before. So she just patted his arm lightly and headed towards the kitchen. "Are you hungry? Where's Threepio?"

And that was that. There was nothing else she could say to the wookiee really. Leia had maintained to Chewbacca that he could do as he pleased until she was blue in the face, but the wookiee was insistent. Han's last request was for him to take care of her, so that was exactly what he was going to do.

And he did. Especially in the weeks following the horrifying news. Chewbacca had stayed with the princess around the clock, attending to her every need and trying to help ease her pain in any way he could. The wookiee held her when she cried and tried to make her laugh when she felt depressed. And Leia appreciated his company. For if there was anyone who could understand her overwhelming grief it would be Han's best friend.

But as the weeks passed, Leia began to feel guilty for monopolizing his time. She tried demanding that he go home to his family. That she would be fine. But the wookiee wouldn't hear of it. He had a promise to honor and he would never break it. When Leia finally confessed that she was pregnant, it just served to further cement his resolve. Turning his back on Leia was hard enough for Chewbacca to imagine, but abandoning her and Han's cub was downright unfathomable.

So the princess found herself with a permanent shadow and houseguest. Not that Leia minded having the wookiee around. She actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Especially when Luke began immersing himself in his Jedi studies, which were a great demand of his time. Chewbacca hung around and kept Leia from feeling alone. In her very pregnant months, the two of them would just sit around and watch the holonet together. They made jokes and Chewie would tell her stories of Han from before she had met him. Stories that made Leia laugh, while at the same time causing her heart to ache in longing. The two became inseperable.

18. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    *Great* post, StonedRose!!
    I loved the relationship between Leia and Chewie! And Bailey is darling!!

Find Han, Lando, find Han.
    Maybe then Leia will forgive you.

Have I mentioned that was a great post??
    'Cause it was!!!! :)

19. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Wow, StonedRose! The domestic scene was terrific! I loved getting to see Bailey and the background into how Leia ended up where she is. Great forshadowing about Lando and how he's going to Tatooine. I hope he finds Han and makes everything better. :)

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Way to go, Bailey! If I had to live with Threepio all the time, I'd be switching him off all the time, too. Great conversation between Chewie and Leia. I liked the way you filled in some of the background story. I especially liked the way the relationship between Leia and Lando cooled to the point of freezing. She claims she's not mad at him, but now that she hears he's coming for a visit, uh oh. Hmm, I wonder if Lando's business on Tatooine has anything to do with these two collectors. Please post more soon!

22. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Yes! Excellent!! Lando will recognize Han and save him!!!!

YAY!!!!

/happy dance

23. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    "<Perfect size...for a wookiee sandwich!>"

Oh, I could just SEE him doing that! GREAT scene.

I've always thought Leia forgave Lando too quickly, so it's good to see that resentment and bitterness there, even if it's AU. :)

Anxiously awaiting MORE!

24. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Another excellent post. I liked the relationship between Leia and Chewie. In the movies, Leia always seemed like kind of an outsider compared to Han and Chewie's friendship...it's nice to see that you've made her part of the mix.

Eagerly awaiting the next post! :)

25. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    yes Lando will rescue han, right? right right right?!

he HAS to--its part of the obligation of being in the GFFA and a (has been) hero :)

good post, i like how chewie's stuck to his debt, but where IS Simon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.