main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Simon is a hologram that only Leia can see and hear.

Just kidding. :)

He'll appear soon enough. Love the feedback though. I'll post more as soon as I can.

Thanks guys,

Stoned Rose

2. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Awwwwwww!!! Chewie you sweet mass of fur!!!! ::sniff sniff:: What sweetheart!:)

YEA!!! Lando's coming back!!!

But where is Simon?

Loved it!!!

3. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ok...::thinks:: she loves feedback...so maybe if i post again she'll post the next part sooner? :D

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm kicking this thread back to the top.

5. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Ah Vergere, you have figured out my drug of choice ;-) Love feedback!

Okay, here's the next part. I hope you enjoy!

The ex-general and once great hero of the rebellion, now sat slumped at a bar, his head swimming from the half bottle of whiskey he'd consumed. His eyes bleary with drink and fatigue were set on the empty glasses in front of him. He didn't dare divert his gaze from them in fear that the cantina might start up that incessent spinning again.

The bartender, an overweight bothan, stood watching Lando Calrissian with a wary look on his face. "Hey buddy," he finally said, "do you need a ride somewhere or something?"

Lando looked up at the bartender blankly, his eyes unable to retain any focus. //Did that guy just say something?// "Huh?"

"A ride?" The bothan gestured at all the empty ale glasses, "You sure can't drive anywhere by yourself. I could call a cab if you'd like."

Lando shook his head. "Nah, I'm not leaving yet." He tapped his hand against the bar impatiently. "Get me another shot of Correllian Whiskey."

The bartender stood there motionless for a moment, as if deciding whether he should really serve the man another drink. Finally he just shook his head in resignation and handed the gambler another glass. "Just don't throw up in here," the bothan warned, "I'm sick of cleaning up after you drunks."

Lando scowled at the bartender, tossing a credit in one of the empty glasses. "Thanks for your concern," he muttered as he pushed himself up from the bar. The husky bothan watched the gambler stumble to a table in the corner. He shook his head in disgust and quietly cursed the man under his breath. Sometimes he really hated working in this dive.

Lando slid into the empty booth, careful to not spill his precious drink. He lazily peered around the bar, but all the different species just blended together into one colorful blur. The ex-general shook his head in gruff annoyance and threw back his shot of whiskey. He was still pissed that the deal he had come here for had fallen through. He should've known better than to believe a tip from that two-faced Ithorian. What had he been thinking? Mos Eisley of all places! This spaceport was a dump! The people here didn't even have two credits to rub together, much less enough money to take some goods off his hands. Lando rubbed his forehead tiredly, cursing himself repeatedly for being so gullible.

And now he was going to have to drop by Coruscant as well. Lando's stomach tightened at the mere prospect of facing Princess Leia. He couldn't do it. The gambler groaned in frustration. Why did he have to go and promise the wookiee that he would try to smooth things over between them? The princess was obviously not interested in making amends. That much was obvious to Lando. Even though she had been perfectly polite the last time he had dared visit her, Lando could tell that she was really fighting back the urge to spit in his face. You didn't win a ton of credits in sabaac without learning to read people. And Lando could read the disdain Leia felt for him as clearly as if it had been printed on her forehead.

The ex-general closed his eyes and his shoulders sagged in self-pity. No no no no no, this trip to Coruscant was definitely *not* something to look foward to.

As Lando sat in the back booth of the cantina, head resting heavily in his hands, two men pushed their way through the front door. The older man smiled confidently as he scoped out the room. "I don't think we'll have a problem finding a spacer here willing to make a deal."

Xavier looked around the room nervously, his eyes darting from one alien to the next. "How do we know who to ask?"

"Leave that to me," Malcolm assured him, his eyes coming to rest on the slumped human in the back, "and follow my lead." The older man pushed his way through the crowded bar his gaze never wavering from the man in the corner booth. From his body language, Malcolm could tell that the spacer had had too much to drink, and although his clothes were wrinkled and worn, Malcolm coul

6. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    AUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH You love to torture us!!!! Great job though!

7. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    I know. :p

I can't help myself though.......:)

8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I am shamelessly kicking this fic back to the top.

Is that wrong?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

UP WITH YOU!

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    AHHH! Great post! I loved the way Lando has developed. Beard, put on weight from too much drinking, not looking forward to going back to Coruscant, able to read people and knowing that Leia disdains him--excellent characterization. Good description, too, of him being drunk in the bar and cursing the way his deal fell through. I also liked the way Malcolm and Xaviar recognised him, and the way that Han came into the conversation. But what a cliffhanger! Please post more soon!

10. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Aaahhhhh!!!! You can't end things there! (Well, actually, you can, since you're the author!) ;)
    I, too, loved the characterization of Lando and the way Xavier recognized him and then the conversation finally turned to Han, and then Malcolm realized that was who they had found in the cave.
    I hope you post the next part soon!!

11. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Ack! What wonderful torture, StonedRose!

12. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I love it! I find myself looking for this thread first thing in the morning!

13. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh, beautiful, quite, quite beautiful- and the best part of it is, Leia STILL wouldn't be pleased to see Lando even if he came back ith Han, 'cos of all the trouble THAT would cause! Hee!

14. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    When are we going to have the next post?

15. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!! PLEASE POST SOON!!! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!!!!!

Wonderful post! It takes a lot to get me really worked up and you did just that!:)

16. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Whoo-hoo! Leia's life is about to get VERY complicated... (better, but still complicated!)

I'm dying to know what happens next.

17. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Simon is a hologram that only Leia can see and hear.

*giggles* And so Leia finds herself, leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong (losing Han), and hoping each time that her next leap, will be the leap home (with Han)... right?!?! ;p

Sorry... couldn't help myself there. ;) Anyway... *bangs head on desk in frustration* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! What happens next????? I just love Lando... Leia HAS to forgive him and perhaps more importatnly, Lando has to forgive HIMSELF!!!! Not to mention the fact that Han needs to be found and brought back to life... I want- no, I NEED more now!!!! Please!!!!!

~*~Bria

18. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    LOL! I'm glad you got the QL reference.

Ah, Bria are you still around? I want to post my next section in like the next few minutes but I need a little help here:

What is the star wars equivalent of a telephone called?????

Hope that didn't "spoil" anything. But really, I am DRAWING A BLANK suddenly.

Help. :)

thanks,
    stoned rose

19. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    It's called a 'Comm-link' of 'comm' for short.

20. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Is it? for real? I thought that was just walkie-talkie things. Ah, well. If I get it wrong you'll forgive me right?

Okay, got it...I'm on the move....be back shortly........

21. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    I'll be here.:)

22. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Okay, sorry about the delay if you are still around. I swear, a chimp could work my computer faster....*grumbles* italics...*grumbles*

Okay where was I? Ah yes, I'll go with com link until further notice. thanks for the tip Ladycallie :)

Here you go, I hope you enjoy. Don't kill me.....I guess I should've warned you all first that this was going to be a long story huh? I'm babbling though so here you go for real:

The night was warm. Almost muggy. The bench felt cool and smooth beneath her. She looked up at him. His profile was striking against the black backdrop of the sky. He seemed to be struggling with something. His hand reached tentatively for hers.

//I love you........I just wanted you to know that.//

Leia sprung upright in her bed. The loud beeping of the com link piercing through the air of her bedroom. She looked around disoriented. "Han?" she called softly.

Leia blinked in confusion. The room was so dark. As her eyes adjusted she could barely make out the black shapes of her dresser and bedside table. Her apartment came into focus, and Leia felt a wave of despair as she realized that the park had been nothing but a dream.

The beeping was unrelenting, and the persistance of the shrill noise drove the last sleep from her. Leia shook her head in an attempt to clear her thoughts. //It's only the transmitter.// She rubbed her head tiredly as she sluggishly forced herself out of bed. Leia stumbled across the dark room, cursing silently as she stepped on something sharp. //This better not be work calling, // she thought crossly.

Leia slapped the pick up button in annoyance, uncaring about how she might appear to whoever was calling her. The transmission on the screen was filled with static at first, and then dissolved to reveal the sharp distinguished features of her husband. He smiled self-consciously, "Hello, Leia."

Leia momentarily averted her eyes in guilt. Suddenly she was afraid that if she looked at her husband long enough he might be able to read her thoughts. He might realize that she had just been dreaming of another man. "Simon," she answered nervously.

"Sorry to call so late. I forgot about the time difference."

Leia forced a reassuring smile. "That's okay. Sorry I look like such a wreck."

Simon grinned, "Don't be silly. You look beautiful-as always."

Leia swallowed guiltily at the compliment. She cleared her throat. "So how is everything?" she asked, trying to keep her voice light.

"Wonderful! I feel that I am really making progress with these people."

Leia smiled wanely, "That's good. I'm glad to hear it."

"We are setting up some real beneficial programs, and I truly believe that we will have New Alderaan up and running in no time." Simon was pleased.

"Wow, that's really great." There was a sudden silence between them. It stretched out just a couple of seconds too long.

"Sooo," Simon finally said, "how's Bailey?"

"He's fine. Chewie's finally back so that's got him real excited."

"Wonderful," Simon replied and he shifted restlessly in his chair. "I trust Chewbacca had a nice trip?"

"Yes, it sounded like it."

Simon gave a tight smile. "Good," he said simply. He was running out of conversation topics. Simon's eyes flicked nervously off screen, then his gaze returned to Leia. "Well....I'm glad all is well. I was just calling to let you know that I shall be home in a couple of days." He hesitated, "Possibly a week at most."

Leia nodded in understanding, a small part annoyed with herself for feeling relief that the conversation was ending. "Okay, well let me know when you're on your way."

"Of course. Give Bailey a hug for me."

"I will." Leia reached to cut the connection, but Simon wasn't finished.

"Oh, and Leia?"

"Yes?" she asked, her hand paused right above the hang up button.

Simon swallowed, "I miss you..."

Leia tensed, a wave of shame overwhelming her. She forced a small smile. "Me too," she replied.

Simon gave her another sad smile and then the transmission abruptly ended. Leia sighed, her shoulders

23. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Wow, StonedRose. That was an awesome look into Leia's emotions. It'll make it more interesting when Lando reveals what he's found. I also wonder about Simon. Maybe it's horrible of me, but it almost seemed like he wasn't eager to come home... like maybe someone was there with him? I'm bad to think that, just because I want justification for Leia to leave him for Han.

24. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Stoned Rose- Of course I got the QL reference. Quantum Leap rocks. I wouldn't have written a SW/QL crossover story if I didn't like the show. Anyway, that's beside the point. Yes, I got it. Funny, I read it, blinked, and then I could hear the QL announcers voice saying the words... I just added the Han bits to it. ;)

Yay, I'm here. I was looking at different stories and trying to work on a paper for college that is due tomorrow- though I'm not getting much of the latter done. Guess I'll go off-line and finish the darn thing.

BTW... what in the heck is wrong with Simon? What is he hiding? Can't he see how lucky he is?

I'll check back for more tomorrow!

~*~Bria

25. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Poor Leia, she needs Han to cheer her up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.