main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I'm glad this is a long story!

2. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    "tequila drinking, oh,
    our minds will wander
    to wonderous places..."

Dave Matthews and I want to move this thread to the top of the pile.

So we will. :)

3. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Hmmm, it does seem like something's up with Simon. I feel for the guy -- he's a nice man, ;) but Leia's never been able to completely give him her heart.

It'll be so interesting (understatement, I know) when Han comes back -- to think, time has stood still for him and he hasn't aged in 7 years!

As usual, can't wait for the next post. :)

4. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Woo, hey, I'd forgotten that Han wouldn't have aged!

Anyway. Stoned Rose, that was a supurbly moving post. You really captured Leia's thoughts and feelings, not just in the mental voicing of what she was thinking, but also in her movements and actions. Well done. :)

5. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Poor Leia. It's so hard to see her cry. She's always so strong.

I can not wait till she sees Han again!!!

Great post!!

And you're welcome.:)

6. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Thanks guys. I'll try to get another one up tonight. We'll see.............and I'll try not to keep you hanging *too much* longer..:)

7. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I'm feeling suspicious of Simon, too. What *was* he looking at while he was talking to Leia? Nothing...or something?

Poor Leia. I hope she doesn't have a nervous breakdown or something when Han returns--she already seems to be (justifiably) on the edge!

8. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    More tonight would be fantastic! And I agree with juwannajedi; long stories are great! :)

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Sorry for the double post. Stupid computer!

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Okay, it's night now! Where is it? Not here? Hmmm... I'll check back when Dawson's is over. :)

~*~Bria

11. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    This needs to be up'd!!!

12. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999

MORE!!!!!!!

13. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    oooooooo great job! i'm so excited--what will Lando say to Leia?

but is bobba fett really dead?

14. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Aw man, *bites nails*, I had reservations about posting this one tonight. But I can revise this until my fingers bleed and not be happy, so I'm just gonna cut this loose as is. I hope you enjoy.

And thanks again for all your comments. Seriously, one of the main reasons I am just going ahead with this one is because you're all so nice that I don't want to keep you waiting. :)

Awright, enough out of me. Here you go you ol' pirates :)

Half-way across the galaxy from the weeping princess, Lando Calrissian was pacing his ship restlessly; fruitlessly trying to walk off the shock and amazement that emcompassed his body. His mind was reeling, all signs of alcohol pushed away by the adrenaline now pulsating through his body. //Han! Alive!// It was all too unbelievable. No, more than that. It was a *blastin' miracle*.

The two other men sat in silence, patiently waiting for the spacer to calm down. Malcolm quirked his mouth in amusement. He had never seen a man so thrown for a loop before in his entire life. Calrissian's sudden turn of face had been an amazing thing to behold. When Malcolm had first told the ex-general that he just may have some information regarding the whereabouts of his dear friend, Lando had scowled at him in disbelief. But he had been intrigued inspite of himself. Malcolm eventually got the skeptical gambler to follow him. The spacer was wary, and didn't waste any time in reminding the two men that he *had* killed before, so they had "better not try anything funny."

But it was that look on Calrissian's face when he first rested his eyes on the slab of carbonite that Malcolm would never forget. Lando's face had drained of all its color; his mouth gaped open in shock. He had rubbed his hands against his head in disbelief. "How-?" was all he had managed to utter at first.

When the men had been loading up his ship, Calrissian had been reluctant to even touch the carbonite. It was as if he was afraid he would reach out and it would dissolve before his very eyes. And after his initial shock wore off, Lando seemed to have trouble even looking at it as well. "Just put him with the med unit," he had requested softly.

The spacer's peculiar behavior had even continued during the negotiations, when Lando had abruptly gotten up from his seat and went into the backroom to sit with his friend. Perplexed by his odd departure, Malcolm had approached the doorway and saw the ex-general silently sitting vigil by the cold slab of carbonite. He looked pained. Remorseful. But what surprised Malcolm was that he also looked *scared*. It was then that Malcolm had realized that he had the upperhand in this situation--and the older man had every intention of taking advantage of it.

Calrissian had since returned to the room. His energy and disbelief were once again radiating from him. Lando's brain was having a hard time processing what had occurred this evening. It was obvious to Malcolm and Xavier that the spacer was beyond shocked. Lando looked over at the two men responsible for this astonishing turn of events. His face was still wide-eyed and stunned. "What-what should I do now?"

Malcolm's mouth tugged up in amusement. "Let him out? But only after you have finished dealing with us of course."

Lando's gaze automatically strayed in the direction of the med room, where the cold carbonite slab of his friend was presently stowed. "Do-do you think I should? I mean is it safe?" Lando resumed his pacing. "I mean, maybe he should have special medical attention. Oh-gods!" Calrissian's mind was spinning at a million parsecs per minute. "What about Han's friends? Should I call them?"

Malcolm smiled. "Yes," he said evenly, "they might be interested to know that the person whom they have been mourning for several years is actually alive."

Lando paused mid-stride and turned towards Malcolm. "But what do I tell them? I don't even know where to start."

Malcolm crossed his arms and leaned back in his seat. "To be honest General Calrissian, how you work this out does not concern me. What I am

15. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry with the new post soon!!!!!

16. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    This is truly intense, StonedRose! I'm glad you decided to post it tonight; I for one think it went very well.

I can't wait for Leia-the-emotional-wreck to be reuinited with Han-the-physical-wreck. :-D Just Kidding. But their reuinion is a much anticipated event. (That would be a nice way of asking you to continue your tale at your earliest convenience.)

17. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    -- As long as there isn't a ship-wreck!

Awesome as usual!

18. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Awesome!!!! Can't wait until Han is returned.

See ya Simon! I hope!

19. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    OH!!!! WOWSERS!!!! Wonderful post!!!!! Han's coming home!!!!! I can't wait to see Leia's face!!: )

Lando was perfect! I've never seen him better written!! Great job!

Hasta Manyana Simon!!!!! Boy Voyage!!! Sianira!! All Vetzay! Adue!!

Next post please!!!!!!!!!!

20. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    So I wonder how Lando will handle it? will he make sure Leia?s prepared by telling her in advance, or will he just show up with Han one day? SURPRISE!! That would be SO dramatic.

Enough of my speculation ? obviously I absolutely can?t wait to see what happens!! Great job (as usual), StonedRose. Hope for more soon. :)

21. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    That was great! The best fan fiction description of Lando I have seen. Can't wait for more. How does he tell Leia? Or does he get the credits from Chewie, with the promise not to tell Leia until they were absolutely sure Han was alive?

Ohhhhh.... the suspense!!!!! Please post more!

~*~Bria

22. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm making like Indiana Jones and digging this thread UP!!! ;-)

23. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    I want a Han/Leia reunion!

24. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I loved the description of Lando's reaction to the news that Han is alive! The turmoil was very well done.
    Well, I'm going to go with what everyone else has already said and say: POST MORE SOOOOOOOON!!!!!

25. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Ah, sorry this is pretty late tonight. But better late than never! So here you go. As always, I hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think. :)

Luke's eyes snapped open as he was abruptly pulled from his Jedi trance. He felt a disturbance in the force. A rippling presence he had not felt since.......Luke took a deep breath as he gazed inwardly at his thoughts. Yes, the presence was strong. As if a light that had once flickered out had been magically revived to all it's glowing brilliance.

Luke opened his eyes in understanding. He needed to speak to Leia--fast.

Everything was black. And cold. Muted voices echoed in the distance.

The captain jerked violently. Suddenly his lungs burned hotly as he sucked in a desperate breath. //Air!// He gulped at it greedily. //Real air!// His mouth tasted like metal. And it felt dry.

Han Solo reached out blindly, his hands trembling too violently for him to grab onto anything. //Why was it so dark?//

His left hand came in contact with cool metal. Suddenly he could make out the steady hum of a hyperdrive engine. //It was working again?. Where was he? The Falcon?// No. The engine's never sounded like that. //But weren't they on the way to Bespin?//

Han flicked his eyes around frantically, straining to see something; *anything*. "Leia?" he called hoarsely, "Chewie??" //What the hell was going on?//

"....Captain Solo...." A muffled voice answered, "...hear me?"

"What's-" Han clenched his teeth as he suddenly felt his muscles cramp up in agony. He bit down hard to fight back the scream in his throat, his body jerking in protest.

Lando watched this in panic, his eyes widening, "What's wrong with him??"

Xavier shot him a quick look, his hands busily working to get the syringe ready. "This is to be expected," he said in a rush. "I'll, uh, just give him a shot of this and it should be fine."

Han's shaking was uncontrollable now. He could barely get out a coherent sentence. "Wha- where..am.." Solo tilted his head, his eyes wide as they rested on the ex-general. Lando felt a quick chill course through him. For that one fleeting moment he felt like Han was looking through him. But then he realized that Han's eyes were not wide in recognition but in fear. And they were eerily blank, registering no acknowledgment of anything around him.

Xavier leaned over the trembling captain, "I'm just giving you a muscle relaxant. This should ease the cramping."

Han turned his head towards the voice. "What? Who are you?"

Xavier gave Lando a desperate look. The kid was obviously waiting for the ex-general to step in as the recognizable voice and calm down his friend. Lando averted his eyes from Xavier and swallowed. It was time to step foward, even if it meant Han Solo would kill him. "Han," he said smoothly, "it's me, Lando."

Han's expression was incredulous. "Lando?"

"The man with me is Xavier Ross," he continued, "he's going to give you a shot for the pain and tremors. But it's okay, you can trust him."

Han's mouth gaped open in shock, and he hardly flinched when Xavier plunged the needle into his arm. "Lando, but what are you doing here?" Solo tried to keep the nervous edge out of his voice, "Wha-why can't I see?"

Lando gave Xavier a questioning glance. The young man spoke up, "You have hybernation sickness. Your blindness is only temporary."

Han relaxed for a moment, but then his face visibly tensed. "Where's Chewie and Leia?"

Lando opened his mouth to answer, but then abruptly shut it. Han didn't seem to remember what had happened. Not yet. And now Lando didn't know what to tell him. Where would he start? Back on Cloud City when he had turned his friend over to Vader? Lando licked his lips nervously. "Han," he began, "what do you remember?"

"I...we were in the falcon." Han reluctantly leaned back on the med bunk, his gaze fixed vacantly up at the ceiling. "The hyperdrive's busted," he grimaced self-consciously, "those damn imps.....you know how that is."

"Sure buddy," Lando said with encouragement, "I know how that g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.