main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    This story is great pls keep going can't wait to read more :)

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! He's alive!!! HE'S ALIVE!!!Hehe... sorry... just got a bit excited there. I would've seen this last night, but I got forced off my computer, just as I will be in a moment (class). I hate that. :p

Anyway... have them land on Coruscant for crying out loud. I want a reunion! :)

~*~Bria

3. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Yay!!! He's back!!
    And it looks like Leia will be getting some warning, too. Loved how Luke used the same phrase Vader used in ANH. :)
    Very realistic description of hibernation sickness after 7 years, I thought. Just like it was in ROTJ only much worse. And I liked how Lando didn't want to fill him in on what had really happened--I wouldn't want to either if I was him! ;)

REUNION!!!!!!!

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    This is so good, I can't wait for the reunion!!!! Hurry and post more soon! :D

5. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Oooh, that was great! I *love* how he doesn't remember Bespin yet. I wonder if he'll be more suspicious when he wakes up again.

I know there are different schools of thought on this -- that in the "canon" version carbon freeze was the "big wide-awake nothing," but I've always preferred to think that it was instantaneous -- that one minute he was being lowered into the freezing chamber, and the very next he was coming out, suddenly in a different place, without any idea of how much time had gone by. So I?m selfishly glad that this AU seems to subscribe to the latter theory. :)

COMPLETELY on the edge of my seat ? hope for another post VERY soon!!

6. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

YES!!!!! He's back!! All right! Now I'll walk around for the rest of the day! :)

Thanks!!!!!

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Somtimes I
    fantasize
    when the streets are cold and lonely
    and the cars they burn below me.
    Don't these times
    fill your eyes
    when the streets are cold and lonely
    and the cars they burn below me.

Are you all alone?
    Are you made of stone?
    ---The Stone Roses

Ooooh, *shiver*. So appropriate, on so many levels.

This was a very elaborate way to get this thread UP!!!!!!!!! :)

EDIT: Hey, it looks like my "up" wasn't necessary after all............:D
    ..still a cool quote though.......

8. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    That's pretty!! What's from?

9. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Ah, yes. That quote's from the song "Made of Stone" by the now defunct british group "The Stone Roses"

Which incidently, is what my screen name is a play on. :)

Heh heh, yeah I thought I was time to wake up Han, before you all boycotted my thread in mass protest.

Hee hee "mass".

I think I'm getting ahead of myself here....anyways, I'm glad you seem to like. :) More soon.

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Hurry! I've got to be at work in two hours, and I don't want to wait almost 7 hours before seeing more of this (assuming I am able to get on when I get home). I'm dying here! ^_~

~*~Bria

11. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
  12. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    That was great StonedRose! (Sorry, I've been offline all day) I loved seeing Han come out of the carbon freezing. :) I can't wait to see what happens next. Will it be Luke and Leia talking? Lando calling Chewie? The dreaded conversation between Han and Lando?

13. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    When I get home from cheering and seeing a movie, I expect to see a new post...or else......... just kidding! :D

14. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Once again V has recomended something amazing
    V=Veregre

awesome story StonedRose

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Ok, I'm back from work. Can we see some more? Pleeeaaassseee?

~*~Bria

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Very cool, waiting eagerly for more!! :) :)

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Awwww..... I saw someone else has posted and so I hoped... *sigh*

~*~Bria

18. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Wow, I actually got recommended?? Too cool. unfortunately, I am in no state to add on tonight (a good friend called me up earlier and was like 'I have to get drunk tonight'-- rough week) so I can barely find the keys on the keyboard. But I assure you, I have been dilligently plowing away at this story and you can expect another post VERY SOON. I appreciate all the feedback (but of course, you know I do!)

Thanks for reading,

Stoned Rose :D

P.S. set271-yeah, I like the instantaneous view too. It's too depressing to think of Han being semi-conscious during the whole thing.

19. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    I want a new post!!!!!!!!! :D

20. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

"I said maybe...
    Are you gonna be the one that saves me?"
    --Oasis

No, but I'll save this thread. Gah! Page three!! I can't have that.....:)

21. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    Aaah, okay. *winces at last night's post*

All righty, sorry 'bout that. Feeling much better now. I'm up, just downed a large coffee, and am feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I'm rearing to go. So I *promise* another post tonight. I'm off to go work on it now. Yes, the next post I leave shall be the real thing! :)

Thanks for your patience,

Stoned Rose

22. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    yay jade you're here!

of course you got recommended, stonedrose! this keeps getting better and better!

poor lando...if i were him i would've told han what had happened while he was still incapable of strangling someone. :)

awwww ::sings:: han still li-ikes Le-ia! Han still li-ikes Le-ia!

but what about simon...?

23. StonedRose

Jan 20, 2001
    I'm back. Sorry for the delay. Here you go guys, I hope you enjoy! :-D

"Momma?"

Leia snapped her head up with a start. The fierceness of the morning light caused her to quickly cover her eyes. "Bailey," she gasped in surprise. "What are you doing up?"

The boy tugged at the bottom of his lip nervously. "It's breakfast time."

Leia squinted in confusion. The sunlight reflected brightly through the kitchen windows and cut sharply through her sleep-induced haze. Leia rubbed her eyes tiredly and the room slowly came into focus. A quick glance at the chrono on the wall showed that it was indeed early morning. Leia rubbed the cramp out of the back of her neck as she noted her mug still sitting in front of her; the tea long gone cold. "So it is," she conceded. She looked back at her son, standing there in his 'Space Racer' pajamas, his hair still disheveled from sleep. "Are you hungry?"

The boy nodded slowly, his gaze still questioning. He was no doubt curious as to why his mother had been sleeping at the kitchen table. Leia gave him a comforting smile, "Why don't you go tell Threepio to fix you something," she stifled a small yawn, "Momma's got to get ready for work."

Bailey gave another small nod, but did not move. He stared at her imploringly, his eyes wide. His fingers still tugged thoughtfully at his bottom lip. Leia gave her son a questioning look. "Honey," she asked, "what's wrong?"

The boy didn't answer.

Leia's eyebrows raised in concerned. "Bailey?" She took the boy's hand, and gently pulled it from his face. "Is something the matter?"

Bailey shrugged, his gaze shifting to the tiles lining the floor. A moment of silence passed. Slowly he looked up at her again, his hazel eyes gazing thoughtfully at her. Leia's breath caught in her throat. She turned away abruptly. //Gods, that is so Han.// Leia barely made out her son's next words. "What?" She asked him, her mind distracted.

"Is daddy coming home now?" He repeated anxiously.

Leia turned back to her son, her expression softening. She smiled in relief. So that's what had the boy all upset, he missed Simon. "No sweetie," she said lightly as she stood up from her chair. "Not until the end of the week." Leia ruffled her son's hair affectionately and started to head off towards her bedroom.

"No," Bailey said impatiently. "I don't mean *Simon*."

His tone stopped the princess in her tracks. Leia turned back to her son. Bailey gave her an eager look. "I mean my *real* daddy. Is he coming home?"

Leia suddenly felt light. She leaned back against the kitchen counter to steady herself. "What?"

Bailey was oblivious to his mother's turmoil and pressed on. "You know, my *real* daddy. The one in Uncle Chewie's stories." Bailey's little hand once again reached for his lip. His voice became almost a whisper, "I think he's coming back now."

Leia swallowed. "Sweetie," she began softly as she made her way back to her son. She kneeled down in front of him, her voice almost cracking, "your real daddy is with the angels. You know that."

Bailey shook his head adamantly. "No," he insisted. "He's coming back. I saw it."

Leia bit her lip as she tried to tune out the sudden ringing in her ears. She felt dizzy. "Bailey," she began gently, "what do you mean you 'saw it'?"

The boy shrugged his shoulders in frustration. "I don't know-I just *saw* it. Like a pitcher in my head."

Leia felt her stomach tighten. Her eyes combed over the boy's face as if searching for something. Maybe she was. It had never occurred to Leia that Bailey would have talent in the force. Well, it had *occurred* to her, but she had furiously dismissed the notion from the moment she had first laid eyes on him. There was no way, she had reasoned upon looking down at the sweet innocence that was her son, that he could have even a touch of Darth Vader in him. It just wasn't *possible*.

And that's what the force represented to Leia. The evil of her biological father. She refused to believe that her beloved little boy could be cursed with the same affliction that

24. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I think it's safe to say she'll be surprised!!! Fantastic post, StonedRose!

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Excellent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.