main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

While You Were Gone (Han/Leia AU) Updated 7/10/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by StonedRose, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    OH!!!!!! Leia's reaction is PERFECT!!!! Way to go StonedRose!

Can't wait for more!

~*~Bria

2. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    EGADS!!!!! Wow!! I loved how you handled Lea's emotional reaction there, a very heart-felt post, the reactions were spot-on!!

I can hardly wait for the next installment. :) :)

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    awesome
    wow

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    i want more(its selfish aint it?)

up

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I am going to "up" this.

Okay?

UP!

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Oooh. Stall her, stall her! Bailey obviously knows Han is about to show up, and you need to be there when he comes, Leia!
    On second thought, if the *idea* of Han being alive makes her that emotional, I'm not sure what actually seeing him will do to her. But I really want to find out, so--
    POST MORE SOON!!!!!!!!

6. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Fantasitc! I have to agree with everyone else. The emotional reactions were amazing. Leia was dead on (although I feel sorry for Luke.) Bailey is quickly becoming one of my favorite fanfic characters. Stall her, Bailey, stall her!!! I can hardly wait to see what happens nest.

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oooh, I got it! You know what this thread needs? (what?) The perfect 'UP' quote, craig!

Came in from a rainy Thursday,
    on the avenue
    thought I heard you talking softly.

I turned on the lights, TV,
    and the radio
    still I can't escape the ghost of you.

..But I won't cry for yesterday,
    there's an ordinary world,
    Somehow I've got to find,
    and as I try to make my way,
    to the ordinary world,
    I will learn to survive.
    ---Duran Duran

Yeah, I know 'duran duran' but *soo* fitting don't you think???? :)

...just trying to keep the 'UP's interesting. Don't mind me........

8. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    Oh my stars!!! WONDERFUL!!!!! I loved Leia's reaction!! Wish she hadn't yelled at Luke, but it fit the moment.

I wonder what Bailey is up to...

Please post soon!!!

9. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Bailey knows his daddy's gonna come by the park--that's what!!! :)

great job with Luke and Leia,but I really like Bailey now...he seems so *cute*...and he has the force too!

10. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    I *know* that!!! But which daddy?

11. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Han of course! he doesn't *feel* Simon because Simon's not as special! :D

12. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    That's what I thought. =)

Please post soon!

13. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    AAAACK! Once again, I'm on the edge of my seat. Great work. More soon? PLEEEAASE? :)

14. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    ditto to what set271. Please StonedRose, don't leave us nice readers of yours hanging. :)

~*~Bria

15. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Do I have to start begging for another post???????? Well.....alright...............PLEASE!!!!!!!!

16. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Uhm......*looks down in shame*.....my next post isn't *quite* ready yet. It's almost done, but it needs a little work--B-but I *promise* to have it for you tomorrow.

*sniff*

I'm sorry.....:-(

But again, tomorrow night it'll be ready. You have my word!

feeling guilty for leaving her VERY nice readers hanging,

Stoned Rose

17. Mutley-Reborn

Mutley-Reborn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2000
    I'll second that.
    Please write, I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting the next post.

18. Darth Enforcer

Darth Enforcer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
    This is a very good story.

The next part's gonna be like a big train wreck when Han sees Leia :D

A few months ago I had started to write a fic with a similar idea: on his way to Jabba, Boba Fett gets intercepted by a couple of rival bounty hunters. They wind up in a standoff, and through an odd chain of events, a hole gets blown open in the ship (the Slave I and the others' ship are docked in space), the bounty hunters die, and Han, protected by the carbonite, gets sucked out into space. He then goes through a warp in the space/time continuum, and winds upin the Star Trek Galaxy. And gets picked up by some Klingons, and gets revived. And so, he has to adjust to live in a galaxy whose people have primitive technology (compared to that of the Star Wars galaxy.), and how to get rich off the war that's taking place ;)

If you want I'll post the link. So far all I have is the prologue and chapter 1.

Anyway, this has been cool.

19. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Post it!! It sounds interesting!:)

Take all the time you need StonedRose. You have us all hook, line and sinker, so that means we'l wait as long as needed for a new post.

20. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    When do we get the next post???????????/ ;)

21. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Yep, like LadyCallie said, we'll all be here whenever you're able to post!

Just bringing it UP so it's nice and easy for you to locate when the time comes... :)

22. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    OH! I just found this and I LOVE it! This is a wonderful idea! ::big grin:: I can't wait for more!

23. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    *deep cleansing breath* Okay, I'm back. I don't know why, but this has been *the* hardest post to write for some reason. Hmph. Well, I hope I did it justice. *nervous* But that's for you to decide. And so I submit for your approval............

Han Solo was walking aimlessly. His mind still felt numb with shock and his body continued to fight off the after effects of hybernation sickness. He looked around at his surroundings cautiously, casting furtive glances over his shoulder every few moments. Han had not been to Coruscant since the years when he was smuggling, and he couldn't squelch the automatic paranoia that this city provoked in him.

But what that kid had said was true. There was not a single stormtrooper to be seen anywhere. In a city which had once been off-limits to non-humans, there were now aliens of every race roaming the streets. It seemed that in the past six years the imperial presence had really been completely eradicated. Han had mixed feelings about this revelation. It was wonderful that the Empire was no longer, but the further implications of this news made him feel even more ill than the hybernation sickness.

Six years! Han took a deep breath, fighting hard against a depression he could feel beginning to envelope him. He was surprised at how nice the air felt in his lungs. Well, he had gone a long time without it. Han peaked at the people around him, careful not to make eye contact. Every face was unrecognizable. Every alien and human a stranger. Suddenly his mind flashed to Chewie. //Where was he?// He wondered if he was still with the 'Falcon'. There had to be a way he could contact him.

Without thinking, Han turned a corner and followed a cement path into a lightly wooded area. He walked along it blindly, his mind elsewhere as he made his way. What should he do now? He supposed that maybe leaving Lando's ship had been a bit too impulsive. Han may be completely pissed off at the guy, but at least he *knew* him. And of course, Lando could probably tell him where to find Chewie and Leia. Han stopped abrupty. For once it was the thought of being *alone* that disturbed him more than anything else. He shook his head in disbelief at this revelation and leaned his elbows up on a metal railng. It overlooked a small fountain. Behind him, through a line of tall bushes, he could faintly make out the sounds of some children playing.

Han rubbed his face tiredly, his glazed eyes barely noticing the beautiful view in front of him. Like the rest of the city, the park was suspended several hundred feet above the ground level of the planet. Han Solo usually despised this city, but today the skies had cleared and the effect of the sun tilting through the clouds was actually quite nice. Not that he was paying too much attention to it. His thoughts were too troubled to be easily taken in by a pretty view.

He should find Chewie. Han swallowed. And Leia too. But Chewie first. The wookiee would have his ship, he reasoned, and he could fill him in on all that he had missed. Maybe prepare him for the princess.

Han didn't know where that last thought had come from, but he knew it was the real reason he wanted to meet with his friend first. Chewie would be thrilled to see him. He knew that without a doubt. There were no complications there. But with Leia it was different. She had loved him once, that was true. But he loved her *still*. And while to him it felt like only yesterday they were together, for Leia it had literally been years.

It was certainly more than enough time for her to find love with someone else.

Han could feel his stomach tighten painfully, another bout of nausea rising in him. This time he knew it wasn't the hybernation sickness. //You are getting so soft.// He couldn't believe how he was allowing all these thoughts bother him so easily. //Where was the Han Solo who didn't let anybody get to him? Where did he go, huh?// The ex-smuggler blew out a resigned sigh. Han guessed that that guy had gone down with the Death Star, when he had gone back to bail out a

24. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such a GREAT POST!!!!!!! But....but.....Han left them.....where's the reuninion??????? Wait, come back!!!!!!!!

25. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    That was absolutely amazing. With Han's confusion, Bailey's mounting excitement and disappointment at the end, and the total oblivious state of Leia and Luke, this was one killer post!

I seriously hope you don't make us wait too long for the next one! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.