main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga While you were out;... and Ani/Obi AU humor tale 7/29 Epilogue and Happy Endings + Authors notes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Stupid TFn.bugs...

I found out that Jane Jinn is positivly the originator of the 'runaway hover chair' plot idea and want to give a special thanks to her!!

Jedi did not normally overly concern themselves with modesty, however, there were times when the line was most decidedly drawn.

"Master Yoda, I can't go in there now! I can hear the water running!"

"It matters not! Into the female shower room you must go...."

2. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    *frowns*

I really thought I had replied to this already, but obviously - and for reasons I can't phantom - I've neglected that.

*smacks herself*

Well, here goes...I've been reading for the last two days (well, yeah, I know it's not that long, but I haven't exactly had a lot of time...) and it's been making me laugh out more than once. Actually, I've read it slowly on purpose...once I've read a part of goe3's wonderful but depressing stories I've gone here and read a post...Works out just fine! :D

Have to agree with geo3, though...Luke is the best thing that ever happened to Obi-Wan. Always took life a little too serious, the bearded one, but I guess he's learning not to very quickly... Poor Jedi, though, having Yoda on his shoulders...I keep hoping the green little gnome will lose his balance and fall, but I suppose that won't happen. But a girl can dream, right? ;) One of these days, I'll learn to like Yoda...

Great writing in any case, DarthBreezy. It's funny, sweet and out-right crazy - I love it!

Keep up the good work!

[face_love] Kee

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Uppity do w/ YOU! :D

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hi everyone...

Planning a new post either Late tonight or tommorow...

PLJ:

Poor Obi, it's not over yet for him as you will soon see!

Quingauk

I can imagine HC in the 'fresher scene'... I wanna play Ameris if that is the case!!!

Kee

Warm welcome to you!

You've given me a wicked idea.....

PLJ

Thanks for the up!

DB waves to allthe Lurkers out there!

[face_love]

5. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes please post.

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    This chapter is dedicated to Jane Jinn, for allowing me to use her great little bunny!

While You Were Out

Chapter 11

Speed, Slips and Shower Rooms

?Faster Obi-Wan! Getting away the youngling is!?

?Master...? gasped Obi-Wan. ?How... fast... *gasp* Can your chair *wheeze* go??

?Much faster than before,? snapped the Jedi Master. ?Young Skywalker tuned it up just the other day. ?Performance enhancement? he called it.?

Obi-Wan groaned and closed his eyes momentarily, as if it would help him gain a second wind.

?Look OUT!!? came the cry from many different directions as the Jedi and his rider careened into a hover cart destined for the crèche. Blue milk and mush went sailing across the room covering not only Masters but the walls and floors as well.

Obi-Wan slowly rose and despite his own indignation, he had to suppress a giggle. Yoda was leaning against the wall, apparently unhurt with a bowl of gruel tipped upside down on his head.

Yoda wiped his eyes, flinging a dollop of mush Obi-Wan?s way yet saying nothing.

?Masters...? a young Padawan spoke up through a stream of giggles. ?The youngling was heading towards the training room.?

?Master Opi-Wan, are you alright?? asked a younger initiate who promptly covered her mouth, trying unsuccessfully to mask a fit of laughter over her slip.

?Yes,? sighed Obi-Wan, ignoring the jibe. ?The training room you say?? He got off th floor and helped Master Yoda back on to his shoulders, and minding his step, dashed in the direction indicated.

When they reached the training room, they found it empty but a small side door was swinging ominously. Over the hiss of running water, Obi-Wan could hear the unmistakable giggle of a young child.

Jedi did not normally overly concern themselves with modesty, however, there were times when the line was most decidedly drawn.

"Master Yoda, I can't go in there now! I can hear the water running!"

"It matters not! Into the female shower room you must go...."

Obi-Wan sighed as he set the Master down again.

Yoda began beating Obi-Wan?s leg with his Gimer stick.

?Go, wait for you here, I will.?

Obi-Wan carefully made his way into the shower room, the steam obscuring his vision.

?Luke...? he called softly. ?Luke, where are you...?

A fit of giggles was his only answer as the water turned off.

?Luke...? he called again as he turned the corner only to come body to body with the giggler.

Not young Skywalker as he had supposed, but no one other than Basha Tyn. A human Jedi who had just attained knighthood.

She blushed furiously, and used the force to summon a towel, looking everywhere but at Obi-Wan.

?Master Kenobi...? she said rather abruptly as she pushed her way passed him.

Obi-Wan backed out of the room muttering his profuse apologies. When he reached the entrance to the training room a welcoming site met his eyes.

Yoda was back in his hover chair, cradling a sleepy Luke in his short arms.

?Booger-Jedi..? said Luke, happily reaching for the Master?s ears. Obi-Wan took the infant wordlessly.

?Opi-Wan... Ani-pa...?

Obi-Wan pulled Anakin?s very worn com out of his pocket and handed to Luke. He then gave the Master a quick little bow, muttering something about getting ready to go meet Anakin at the healers. Yoda regarded him with an unreadable expression but as Obi-Wan headed back to his quarters, he was sure he heard the aged Master laughing..

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Nice job once again!! I'd write more but I'm Tusken Raider dead tired. More soon!!

8. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    You dedicated this chapter to me? Breezy, I'm touched! It was just a tiny runt of a plot bunny, would never amount to anything, I thought, as I handed it over to the adoption center in an incubator. And now look at it; very sleek, with shining fur and powerful legs! Well done! I especially loved this section!

?Master...? gasped Obi-Wan. ?How... fast... *gasp* Can your chair *wheeze* go??

?Much faster than before,? snapped the Jedi Master. ?Young Skywalker tuned it up just the other day. ?Performance enhancement? he called it.?

I don't know ... if I were Obi-Wan, I'd ask to borrow that stick of Yoda's, and then follow the example of the venerable Jedi Master by beating on Anakin's leg a few times. "I'll give you 'performance enhancement!'"

;)

9. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Yoda began beating Obi-Wan?s leg with his Gimer stick. [face_laugh]

Yoda and his Gimer stick
    [face_laugh]

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I doubt Yoda will allow Anakin to fine tune his vehicles any more. Poor Opi-Wan, er Obi-Wan. The padawans are already using his nickname.

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Yoda wiped his eyes, flinging a dollop of mush Obi-Wan?s way yet saying nothing.
    That image will be with me for a long time. ;)

Another fantastic post! This story really makes me laugh! Keep it coming!

Especially when it's at Obi-Wan's expense. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] (Although Anakin gets his share too. :p)

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee hee! Poor Obi-Wan, the indignities abound everywhere [face_laugh]

Loved Yoda and his reactions in the chapter- I could completely view him frowning at Obi-Wan.

Also loved the use of OP1's new nickname :p

Oh boy- let's hope Ani gets there soon before Obi-Wan strangles Luke.

13. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Great post!

Poor, poor Obi-Wan! Wonder how long it will take him to start quoting Treepio? "Will this never end?" :D

Yoda was unhurt? *wide eyes* No broken bones? No smashed teeth? No...

Well, well okay...! It was great just to see him take a fall. But as usual, it was poor Obi-Wan who got the shortest straw...

Hey, even I are starting to feel sorry for ol' Obi? :D

[face_love] Kee

14. kekesun

kekesun Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    Baby Luke rocks!

This story rocks, too.

15. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Yoda was leaning against the wall, apparently unhurt with a bowl of gruel tipped upside down on his head.

Can't stop laughing! [face_laugh]

More, please!!!!!

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, I wantedto make post #3000 here but I'll settle for 3005...

JDH3

Well, I hope you've recovered by now! :p

Jane Jinn

The Bunny was just too perfect for this story to pass up, thanks again for letting me use it!

PattyB0123

By the end of this tale, I thin Opi-Wan will want to use it on your's truely!

Rebel Mom

*snicker* yes they are! And I don't think he will either.

Lex

Thank you! Humor can be TOUGH!!!

PLJ

Thank QG for the inspiration!

QueenGodess

Sorry I couldn't be rougher.. I'm saving the best for Opi-Wan!

kekesun

Thank you and WELCOME!

Gina

Very soon! We've got a pair of chapters AND an epilouge to go!!

[face_love]

17. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    OMG..hysterical laughter.. this is just so good. Yoda with mush on his face :D

performance enhanced.. LOL. so funny, this is.

Padme will never believe all those antics!!
    Fantastic job..just fantastic.

18. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Bring it on you sexy star wars
    Queen!

19. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Just checking in from far away to say that I love the new post - performance enhanced 'vehicles' and all!

Will you ever stop torturing poor, patient Obi?

Can't wait for the next installment. Hurry. Must have it.....

20. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey everyone...

Quingauk

Thing is, will they even tell her... :p

jedimastersam

Ohh that's the niceset thing that's been said to me all week! You bet!!

Geo3

Come home soon! We miss you!!

[face_love]

I've taken a couple of "mental health" days off from work so I might have the next post up as soon as tommorow night. It may or may not be the last chapter, depends on how things work themselves out...

I know there won't be a sequal, but I DO have the epilogue all set... It's chock full of a happy ending which, after 'meeting' the founding family of the Skywalkers, in my heart of hearts I wish they would have had...

And Never fear... I still have at least ONE more ding at Opi-Wan planned...

[face_love]

21. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Obi-Wan in the female shower room! ROTFLMAO!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was, as usual, hysterical, DB. Great way to come back from vacation. :)

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well folks, we;ve reached the end...

Fear not, I have the epiloge in head and will post it early next week!

While You Were Out

Chapter 12

Sulustian Take Aways and Reunions

When Obi-Wan reached the Healers room, he found Anakin sitting up in a bed and Leia... Leia in a hovering high chair. He repressed an involuntary shudder as Luke virtually threw himself at his father.

?Fadda POO!? Luke squealed happily as Anakin took him into his arms. ?Pa-pa! Opee- Wan go bye-bye!!?

Anakin cast Obi-Wan a puzzled look but Obi-Wan just shook his head.

?It?s nothing...? he replied dryly. ?But are you alright? I thought it was only Leia who was ill...?

?They won?t let me out of this Sarlac pit disguised as a Healers ward until I eat something,? Anakin sighed. ?Breakfast wouldn?t stay down, but now I?m as hungry as a rancor. I took the liberty of having some dinner sent up for you and Luke as well...?

Ameriss suddenly appeared at the doorway with a second hover high chair and a few dishes of food. She eyed Obi-Wan appreciatively before setting down the dishes and helping Luke into the high chair.

Anakin smiled. ?Thank you Ameriss,? he said as she began setting up their dinner. ?That smells wonderful!?

Ameriss returned his smile and mouthed something that to Obi-Wan looked suspiciously like ?com number? before taking her leave. Obi-Wan was incredulous.

"Sulustian take away? Gods Anakin... doesn't Padmé know what that does to you?"

"Yes...Jedi Mild for you. Sith Spicy for me.? He began to tear into his dinner like a man possessed. ?Padmé won?t be there tonight and she won't let me eat it when she?s home since I stuck her head under the covers after dinner one night... I spent the rest of the night on the couch for that one..."

Obi-Wan, having had his own dealing with Anakin and his penchant for spicy foods, ignored the comment. ?They?re bringing her right to the Healers then??

?Yes...? he replied between gulps of food. ? Tomorrow after lunch... ?

?What if you?re still unwell??

?I?ll come if I have to drag myself by my fingernails...? Anakin replied taking a moment to move Luke farther away from Leia, who was trying to force feed him with her own spoon.

?And the children...??

Anakin sighed. ?We?ll manage, right children?? Leia made another grab for her brother who began howling in protest. ?Somehow...?

?I?ll come in the morning...? smiled Obi-Wan, who gently began spooning both twins their dinner. ?We?ll get you settled in tonight, and I?ll be back in the morning.?

?Eat,? replied Anakin taking one of the spoons himself allowing Obi-Wan to start eating his dinner which was rapidly cooling. ?It?s not necessary Obi-Wan...?

?No arguments my friend,? Obi-Wan replied softly. ?The children and I will be just fine. Just be sure that the keys to your speeder are secured....?

The next morning, Anakin left as soon as the twins had been put down for their after breakfast nap, once again professing not to have an appetite.

A few hours later, Obi-Wan packed up the twins and headed back to the healers ward.
    Once he got there, he was directed to a small private room and he felt his apprehension to embarrassment as he entered the room.

Padmé was sitting part way up in a bed, her healers gown pushed up past her belly and the blankets pushed nearly past her waist. Headless of the monitoring devices stuck all over her abdomen, Anakin was blowing ?fart noises? on her belly while a radiant Padmé giggled like a school girl.

Before Obi-Wan could think of a polite way to interrupt them, Luke and Leia cried out in unison.

?Massa-MA!!!? They squealed as they tried to wiggle out of the stroller. Blushing furiously, Obi-Wan placed the two excited infants into their mother?s waiting arms.

After the welcome homes and cuddled greetings died down, Obi-Wan cleared his throat.

?Welcome home Padmé,? he said at last. ?I trust you are better??

?Thank you Obi-Wan,? Padmé smiled. ?Anakin told me you?ve been a wonderful he

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    YAY!!! Another Skycrawler! :D

Can't imagine what poor "O-Pee-Wan" is going to have to say to that one, though. :p

And there's another thing I share in common with Anakin...a penchant for spicy foods...(although they don't have the same effect on me...at least not that I've been told... :p )

Great post, DB. :)

24. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I?m as hungry as a rancor. poor Anakin [face_laugh]

"Sulustian Oh oh. [face_laugh]

Padme sent Anakin to sleep out [face_laugh]

Padmé giggled like a school girl. [face_laugh] her belly. Oh poor Obi-Wan. [face_blush]

Great post.

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Well DB, I never did get back for another review of your last chapter, sorry. It was great as if there was any doubt. Ok on to this latest and last post. Wow, poor Obi-Wan, no wonder his hair is grey!! Another Skywalker? Sweet Sith, what will happen to our beloved galaxy now?!! I'm happy for Ani and Padme but man are they going to need those Jedi calming techniques. Great job DB, can't wait for your final wrap up, next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.