main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Whining, Worries and Woes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda and Mike, how are both of your mom's doing?

Mike, have they got your mom stabelized yet and figure out what's going on?

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I feel like Minda and I are in the competition of the Mom's here [face_laugh]

Mom has been in three weeks as of today. Her heart rate / blood pressure has been an ongoing issue that for the most part is being handled by medication to try to stabalize them. Day by day on this front.

Mom has now got full blow diabetes which apparently can occur...oh joy.

She had a new procedure done today to help her lungs as they're totally jacked up! Her left lung is collapsed and she's got pneumonia in her other. So they put her under and went in and basically sucked all the fluid out and did some actual scraping of her collaped lung as the bottom 30% is hard as a rock and doesn't work. The bottom of her lung looks like hardened brocolli, gross huh?

So that's where we're at as of now. They want to transfer her to a place in Rancho that can give her the specialized care she needs. This should be by end of week.

3. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Prayers and good thoughts are with you and your family. Along with Minda's mom.

4. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Oh Mike. I'm sorry that things are still going wrong with your Mom. This is very frustrating, isn't it.

My Mom had another stroke on yesterday morning. She is back in the hospital and will be going to a rehab hospital once they can find her a bed in a place we approve. So today I'll be "shopping" hospitals...yuck[face_frustrated]

And the cherry on top....... my sister is coming....... It's hard to put into just a few words, but self-centered, emotional vampire, bully, crazy person is what pops into my mind......

I know that will not help the situation at all, but that is my selfishness coming out :rolleyes:

I just hope she behaves herself... it's only for a week, it's only for a week.... my new mantra...

Mike, my prayers continue for your Mom and your family.[:D]

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh Minda! I'm so sorry that your sister is coming out! (I know the stories) You can do it. It's only a week, it's only a week.........

I'm also sorry about your mom. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

6. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Minda- I'm so sorry. Still praying and will especially be praying while your sister is here!

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    This is turning out to be an incredibly tough weekend for me. If you need anything, give me a call as I'm shutting down until Monday.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Okay, here's my bottom line. It totally and completely sucks to have a child that has turned to the dark side. It can rip you apart, especially on holidays like Mother's Day.

Now, it's time to leave the pity party and go drink a round of Mudslides! Not do drown my sorrows, but because they taste so dang yummy!

Thank you for the wake up, Debbie!

9. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  10. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Well, Darren got his letter today. The job that he could "bump" for would mean a more than half cut in pay. So it's either a $9 an hour job or unemployment.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh no! I'm so sorry! When does it take effect? Prayers going out to you!

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I hope everything works out for you two. [face_praying]

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear about Darren's job. I'll be praying for you guys. I hope everything works out.

14. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm praying Sonya!

15. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    I am so sorry about Darren. Our prayers are with you both.

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Ouch. That stinks, Sonya. :(

Sorry I've been absent. Prayers going out to Mike, Minda, Kari, Sonya...everyone. [:D] Hang in there, you guys!

17. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Thank you guys. Darren told me last night that he's supposed to get a new letter showing that he can have a different job, I believe one that is close in pay to his current job, so I can cautiously say that he'll be okay! I have to ask him more details, but I think that is the gist of it. Thanks again for your prayers and good wishes. [:D]

18. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I asked Darren more about it this morning. They're supposed to give him a letter showing him this other position that's available for him, then he accepts, then it goes to review and they let him know if he'll get it. It's a step down but not like the other one.

19. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

Last night at 1 am my Mom slipped into a diabetic coma. She has been sent back to the Hospital from the Rehab center she was in. We are on our way back there now. I had to come home and get some sleep and get the girls. I also got some devastating news about my Dad that I've been asked not to share with anyone as he does not want to focus on anything but my Mom and my sister and her issues right now (she has had another surgury and then fell and hurt her hip). I think he needed to unload on someone so now I have this to handle as well. I guess by telling you this, I've broke his trust, but you won't tell him, will you? I need someone to talk to too.

I am so sorry to say that I will not be able to attend Debbie's concert tonight. I had a bad feeling about it for awhile, which is why I did not prepay for my ticket, but I was hoping to be able to come. I got a sitter for the kids tonight too.
    I do not know when I'm going to be able to come to anything for awhile. I just can't plan anything on the calender as I don't know what is going to happen day to day. At least for awhile. I just need to focus on my girls and keep their life as normal as possible until school gets out.
    I miss you all so much.
    Minda

20. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm sorry about everything that is going on with your family, Minda.
    I know what that's like and I understand about not being able to plan things.
    I hope things get better soon and know that we are thinking of you and keeping
    all of you in prayer.
    Hug the girls for me. [:D]
    Take care. [face_love]

21. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm so sorry to hear about all your hardships right now, Minda. I wish I could give you a hug. Take care of yourself and know that we are thinking of you and praying for you.

22. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm so very sorry Minda. I know your plate is overflowing right now. Please know that you are in my prayers, as well as your family Praying that you'll have strength to endure and comfort knowing that God is walking with you and your family in the midst of your overwhelming storm. Praying for healing for all of your family members too. You are loved!!![:D]

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

There are enough hugs there for everyone, including mom and dad and even sister. (It's okay if you want to keep the for her :) )

You're focus is in the right place, your family. Just don't forget to take care of you, too. Star Wars and us will still be here when you can join us again. Please remember to stop in with updates and to get the hugs and encouragement you'll always get from us!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Kari

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Oh, Minda! :( I can't know exactly what you're going through, but I have some idea. At some point or another everyone gets the feeling as though EVERYTHING is being dumped on them. My family has gone through that several times.

You and your family are in our continued prayers. [:D]

25. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Minda. Keep taking care of yourselve and the girls, and your dad and sister, too. When the right time comes, you will be back with us. We will open our hugs and kisses to you all. God is with you, always.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.