main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Whining, Worries and Woes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I'll be praying for you guys Minda.
    How is your mom, Mike?

2. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Guess it's my family's turn for the bad-news bandwagon...

A computer glitch made dad's and all the employee's checks at his work six to seven hours short...and since the corporation that owns the company is something I can't repeat in polite company, no one knows when (or if) they'll get that lost money back.

We're going to be all right, but our budget has been slashed to almost nothing now. Dad basically gave us 'kids' (my sinlings and I) a choice- find a job and contribute to the family or find somewhere else to live. His phrasing was much nicer than that, but that's what it boils down to.

Guess I shouldn't have wished I could move out on my own...I may have to.

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'll be praying Cara!

4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Well that sucks nicely! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. We'll be thinking about you.[:D]

5. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am so sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Anybody heard from Minda?

7. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Nope. I should really give her a call. Maybe I'll do that today.

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Farrah Fawcett has passed away today, she was 62.:(

Also, Michael Jackson was rushed to UCLA for full cardiac arrest and not breathing. They were doing CPR as when they arrived. It doesn't look good for him as of now. LA Times is saying he's in a coma.

UPDATE

Michael Jackson the King of Pop has just died.:(

9. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Pretty sad, amazing news/history day. What a shock. He was a musical genius with a tortured soul.That kind of celebrity/fame is just so hard to handle cuz it's so life altering.
    It kind of amazes me how all these celebrities are talking about him in such glowing terms today but they had really distanced themselves from him the last few years. Hopefully he will rest in peace now. I feel bad for his kids and family.

I literally almost walked into him in the 1980's. I was in the Disneyland hotel, walking out the door as he was walking in, just inches from me. Our eyes locked on each other, we were that close as I hadn't been watching where I was going. He was wearing a mask even then, but no denying it was him. He was surrounded by all these body guards. He loved Disneyland like you all do!

Isn't it weird how there are always 3 celebrity deaths at one time. So sad and strange...

10. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    It is so sad about the passing of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and the third one I believe is Ed McMahon formerly of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. I could be wrong about him being the 3rd celebraty. I pray they all rest in peace.

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    It is really sad. Ed was a bit before my time, as was Farrah, but it is sad they're gone. I wasn't a fan of Jackson's, but his passing is still sad, especially for his kids. How awful they lost their dad! And he was only 50...that's younger than my parents. :(

12. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Infomercial star Billy Mays died this morning. I know most people thought him annoying, but I liked him.

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    He made me laugh

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [face_tired] Gotta go see the Doc this week. Been getting heart palpatations for a couple of weeks now. Cut out the [face_coffee] but still getting them once in a while. Weird!

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's not good. I'm glad you're going to the doctor. Please let us know how it goes!

[:D]

16. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Yes, please go to the doctor so that you can get checked out. We've got a mud wrestling show to put on remember?[face_laugh]

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    They gave me Xanax to see if it is caused by anxiety. [face_hypnotized] Getting blood work to check potassium levels and bunch of over stuff tomorrow. I go back in two weeks, hopefully it'll be gone by then.

18. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hope you get better soon. [:D]

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Anxiety is pretty crazy stuff. I remember when we went to Walt Disney World in 2002, I was all jacked up. I had to take some stuff for a few days right before we left and after we got there. It worked. That was the only time I ever had to do something like that. You'd think I was going to have a great time, so why am I stressed? Your body does crazy stuff from time to time.[face_thinking]

I hope everything is okay and that it's just a little stress.[:D] :)

20. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Hope it helps Stuart. You're in my prayers![:D]

21. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I had last year, several months after all the craziness with Darren being in the hospital. I guess my body took a while to process the stress, and it showed up when I wasn't under stress. They hooked me up to a cardiogram, but it really wasn't my heart, it just felt like it. It was the psychical symptoms of anxiety attacks. I hope that's what it is for you and nothing more. :)

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Thanks folks! Got my blood done this morning. Will see what it shows on Thursday. Slept like a baby with the Xanax last night!

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Being that I'm naturally high strung, Xanax is my friend. I only take it once or twice a month, but it's a huge help when I do need it! Stuart, I hope it helps to lower your stress and takes care of the heart problems!!

24. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm a bit worried about one of my dogs, Fly, because as I was starting to brush her, I noticed a big, soft lump on her side near her hips. It doesn't seem to bother her, and I don't know how long it's been there. She's so furry that you'd never see it. I think it's been there at least a few days, because I shaved her down a bit a few days ago, and at the top of the lump, the fur's shaved down to the skin, so that probably means that it was there when I was shaving her. I'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow, but I am worried.

25. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Sorry to hear about, Fly. I hope she's okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.