main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Whining, Worries and Woes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    So, will that be your reason for missing our next event? [face_devil]

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    So here's my pickle. Last week Darren was gone for training for work. His owrk gave him a check to pay for hotel, but the hotel went ahead and charged $555 from my banking account, the day before my mortgage payment was scheduled to be transferred. Well I freaked out and so I delayed my payment until that Friday when I would get paid. Well Darren got that straightened out and got the money back, so I rescheduled the payment to go in at normal time. Well I didn't realize that the other payment was still going through, so come Saturday I woke up to find my account $400 in the red. Needless to say I about had a coronary. Well I am getting the money returned from my mortgage company, and borrowed money from my credit card to tide us over the weekend. So I look today and I have $175 in overdraft fees, and the overdraft fees put me into overdraft again. I called the bank to ask them to reverse the fees, and they won't. So in total I am going to have $275 in overdraft fees. *sigh* I had to borrow even more money to make my account in the black. Darren's going to try calling the bank again since he's much better at that sort of thing than I am. Sorry for the rant, but I needed it.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'd complain to the hotel and charge them for the bank fees. You could tell the bank it was an unauthorised transaction to get it all reveresed, maybe/

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yargh!

Looks like I spoke too soon about the mission trip. We got caught up short on drivers, and they decided to do first-come, first-served. Me and two others got bumped.

So now, unless someone cancels at the last minute, I'm not going. :_|

5. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear that Cara![:D]

6. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    I'm sorry to hear that Cara. But the Lord knows when you should go and when you shouldn't. Trust Him. You'll be happy you did. I promise.

-HUGS- Minda

7. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I remember hearing somewhere that if a door is closed that God will open another if it was meant to be...

I'm a bad one to say this but - have faith :)

Everything happens for a reason

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Yeah, I know. They did say they go one three or four mission trips like these a year, so it's not like it's my last chance.

I just hate the feeling that all that work I've been doing, the digging for a bag and packing and everything, has been for nothing. Going or not going has been on and off ever since I found out. It's just like it was with CIV. First I thought I couldn't go, then I could, then I couldn't, then I could...it was like a yo-yo and here I am going through the same thing all over again. 8-}

I shouldn't realy complain, though. The others who are going probably need to go more than I do.

Hmm... Lembas bread, anyone? I had baked some as a snack to take on the trip, but...

It's not that bad. It tastes like a sweet, mild-flavored biscuit.

9. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned in packing and unpacking....

Now slightly off topic:

YOU HAVE A LEMBAS RECIPE?!??!

10. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah, Lembas bread? Tell me!

But back to topic, you'll be able to go another time. No worries.

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Yeah, I have a recipe. Want a copy?

12. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    I do want a copy. PM me or something. Please?

13. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Um yeah.... cool...........:D

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I miss my son!

15. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I hope you are feeling better, Kari.

The last couple of days at Wally World, have been a nightmare. I have been so tired, and can't wait for Friday and Saturday when I get my next days off. It has been like at Christmas at the store, because of so many customers. And of course, the Christmas shopping season is just starting up. Boy do I need more rest. Well, enough of this.

16. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    I eluded to this on the Stargazing thread, but I didn't want to bog that thread with this. My little sister is terminally ill. Her name is Kelly Jean Wisheart and she is 37.
    The short version is there were 4 of us to start. One brother died as a baby, lost big sister 9 years ago, now little sister is terminal, so that leaves me... and my Mom & Dad, who are completely devestated. Ugh!
    Actually I know all of this since before I joined your group. I never wrote it here because... well I guess I just didn't want to write it down. She has a disease called Wegener's Granulomatosis. It is a rare autoimmune disorder effecting the small and medium blood vessels.
    Although normally it can be managed and effected people live normal lives when it is caught early, apparently her's was not. After a difficult spring with lots of asthma attacks, on the fourth of July she ended up calling 911 and they did an emergency trychiadomy right there in her living room. At the hospital they found out she had a tumor on her trychia. The summer was spent with her being sent literally across the country to find out she has this weird diease. She lives on Merritt Island Florida (right next to Cape Carnaveral. You can litereally watch the space shuttles launch from her back yard) so having family support is a bit difficult. She has a twelve year old son who lives in Denver, turned 37 in August, and just celebrated her first year of marriage. Her husband has been great, but it has been very difficult. My parents just got back on Monday from visiting her for 10 days. I just cannot afford to go.
    Since August 12, her birthday, she has had 5 surgeries. Her right lung is currently 70% filled with tumors and her left is 50%. She can't walk anymore because she can't breathe. She has lost most of her eyesight from the steriods and the chemotherapy has made her hair fall out. Right now we are in the hurry up and wait mode. Nothing to do but get through this. I am so sad for her, but mostly I am devestated for my parents. I can't imagine burying one of my children and they have already buried two with a thrid on the way.
    Writing this I'm sure will becaome theraputic, but right now it is too much to handle... so I'm going to stop.
    Thanks for letting me let a bit of it out...
    Minda

17. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Minda, I have no words, just an abundance of sympathy and concern for you and your family. I can't imagine what you and your parents have and are going through. Don't belittle the impact this has on you, too. As devastating as it is for your parents to lose their children, it also effects you deeply.

You have a new family with the IEFF. So, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you! We're here for you!

Hugs and prayers,

Kari

19. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Minda- I feel so bad for what you all are going through. I will add you all to my prayer list. I can't even imagine everything you and your family are dealing with and facing...each from a little different perspective, each equally devastating. If you need to talk, please feel free to call me. [:D]

20. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am so sorry for you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

21. MommyJedi

Aug 22, 2007
    You all are amazing! Here I dump this bombshell on you all after just a couple months of joining and you all step up to the plate and lend me your shoulders. :(
    Thank you. I mean it, THANK YOU. I am so happy to be part of this all. I'm excited to develope these relationships.

gratefully,
    Minda

P>S> Kari - I had a talk with Obi-Shawn and he RAVED about you, your dedication, your support of all groups but especially the IEFF. You have one serious fan there!=D=

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Wow, I'm touched! [face_blush]

That's me... Super Geek and proud of it!

One of the many wonderful things about the IEFF is that once you join, you really are family! You're stuck with us! Period. End of story. As I've said before, this is a wonderful group of caring people and I feel so blessed to be a part of it!

23. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Minda, sent you PM about what we talked about ealier...

I hope this can help you out a little

[:D]

24. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    Ah, a place for whining, worrying, and...woe-ing?

This weekend is woeful.
    This weekend is worrisome.
    This weekend is whine-inducing.

Yup indeed.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Good news and sad news... Chewy got a new mom. That's one of my pups. He went to a teacher friend of mine that's gonna spoil him rotten!! The family is so excited to get him. I know he's gone to a really great home. I'm just sad because all of them are my babies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.