main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Whining, Worries and Woes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm so sorry for what your sister and all of you are going through, Sonya. My ex is bipolar so we have lots of experience dealing with that. It is a devasting illness that effects not only that person but everyone around them. It is VERY common for them to go off of their meds. and to spend money while in a manic phase. I will be praying!

2. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Thanks, Debbie. Actually Darren was diagnosed (mis-diagnosed, in my opinion; he does not have the "ups and downs" of a bi-polar person) several years back after an "episode", so I definitely know the traumatic experiences involved. Thanks for your prayers, I am sure they will need it.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    My brother is bi-polar. Some times it's really, really tough to deal with him, especially when he's high or low. There's no reasoning with him, he's always right and never offers an apology for anything! Remind your sister that it's not her fault!! They can be impossible when off their meds and they know how to manipulate things to make you think you're the one with all the problems. There's no way she can reason with him about anything. Mentally, he's not in a place where normal logic will make sense to him.

She really needs her family right now. My prayers go out to all of you!

4. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    I'm really sorry to hear that Symina... I can't really add anything to what's said but JF is exactly right. I have a couple friends who are bipolar and they can be difficult sometimes. I have clinical depression from birth and I know that when I'm not on medication, I can be very difficult to deal with. And to re-iterate, tell your sister it's not her fault.

I hope for the best for her. I will pray for her (and the guy too). He needs to decide to accept the treatment and take any prescribed meds. But he needs to decide to do it. It's not easy to convince a person like that.

I wish I knew better words to say. Holidays should be good times. I'm so sorry.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The holidays can be some of the roughest times for us folks with mental disorders. Yep, I said "us". Like you Lazlo, I've been struggling with depression all my life. I didn't get diagnosed and treated until adulthood, though. Let me tell you, some times it can really, really suck!! Any sort of mental illness is difficult for the individual and can be really hard on the family and friends around them. Honestly, and this may sound bad, but I'm thankful that I have depression rather than having to deal with being Bi-Polar like my brother.

On a positive bi-polar/holiday note, my brother was very even tempered on Thanksgiving! He's usually either way up or way down and totally annoying. We all enjoyed our time together, and not once did I feel an overwhelming urge to strangle him.

I poke fun because I decided long ago that it's much better to look for the funny or good side of life. The difficult is usually not hard to find and then focus on. Crying is easy. It takes a lot more guts to point and laugh out loud at the insanity of it all. That's what keeps me sane and headed in the right direction.

Oops, I didn't mean to write a novel however I'm hoping that the general theme of it is more positive than negative. We all have our crosses to bear, it's just that we each carry them differently!

Hugs to all of you!

6. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    But the novel was good!

[:D]

7. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Sonja,
    I am sorry to hear of the struggles that are happening. I sound like a broken record, but my sister that is sick is bipolar and trying to help her at times is completely impossible. I just let go and let God.

UPDATE on my Mom. She is being transfered as we speak to Kiaser Baldwin Park and will have surgery in the AM. She completely shattered her upper left arm bone. I think the easiest part will be the fixing. The difficult part now will be handling her recovery as she really is just too big for any of us to help her and she will not be able to get up on her shaky legs by herself... I suppose we will cross that bridge when we get there. As for now.. I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I can try to think what to do next.
    [face_praying]

8. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Thank you all for your kind words...you really ARE a great bunch of people. What a blessing it is to know that we all have really different lives, yet we can all connect here for fun and bond with each other at at much deeper level. Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Minda, I sure hope and pray your mom heals quickly! That sounds like no fun at all!

9. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    So much has happened while I was out of state. Just got in tonight from Arizona.

Sonya, I will be praying for your family. Take care. [:D]

I will also be keeping everyone in prayer, cuz I don't know about you, but I can always use it. ;)

10. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your Mom Minda. I hope she gets better soon. She's in my prayers too....

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    *groans*:oops:

My dad has been expecting a check from his company for something like two months. They keep telling him it's coming, but it keep getting delayed, time and time again. Now he just got the news that he has to start the whole process all over again. That means we won't get it (if ever) until after we've moved...and without it, there's no way we can rent a truck...and without a truck, there's no way to move our furniture. :mad: Yargh!

Everyone's in my prayers. [:D]

12. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    To all of you, are prayers are with everyone. We all could always use it.

13. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Hey Carrie, Maybe I can ask Matt if we can use his dad's truck...

14. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    [:D] and [face_praying] for all of you.

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Uh-oh. We've never really had a decent rain while living here, and now that it's here...

We've got a leak. :oops: It's a small one that can be caught in a coffee cup and no other leaks have popped up, but it just makes me extra-glad we'll be out of here soon!

16. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thought this was the right thread, but the Falcon has decided to not hold together. Something is wrong with her igninition. So it is hard to turn the key to start her. Makes it diffucult for me to go shopping. Oh, well. At least we have a second car for me to use in the mornings. Hopefully she will be fixed this weekend even if we have to put a toggle switch in her. She is so much like the Millennium Falcon, it is scary. She is so properly named.

17. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    :( The wife's grandma isn't doing well, we dont know how long she will last.

:( The wife's uncle's father isn't doing well either and has been given a few weeks.

:( The wife's other uncle is going in for surgery this weekend to find out what's in his lungs.

please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

18. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    They're all in my prayers, dude. I really hope nothing bad happens.

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll be praying for your relatives, AaS. I've had several relatives that were sick or on death's door all at one time too and it's not fun. :(

Yikes! Hope the Falcon stops acting up soon, Sandy.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Thanks folks. More bad news...the wife's uncle's neice just last night got told she has a brain tumor, she's only 18! :(

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please give your wife a big hug for me! [:D] That's awful! I can't imagine the stress her family is under. Prayers and good thoughts continue to go their way from me!

22. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    The post on the Falcon is nothing compared to your wife's family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both and your families.

23. LazloToth

Nov 1, 2003
    Pray for Debbie would you guys? She's been a little sick and very tired. She needs to go to the doctor but her insurance has a very limited list of doctors. So she's having difficulty getting in to be seen.

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :( The wife's uncle's father passed away in his sleep this morning.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    We're using this thread way too much! Come on world, please give my IEFF family a break! We need more posts in the "Good Stuff" thread! I really hate that any of you have things to post here as I only wish good things for all of you!

Stuart, please give the misses another big [:D] for me!

Debbie, it's time for you to let somebody else be sick. You're hogging all the viruses for yourself. You need to share so somebody, besides you, can feel a little off color for a bit. I haven't been sick in quite awhile, so I'll take some. There's so much going on in your life that I'd gladly take some of that burden, if I could!! A big [:D] to you, too, my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.